Looking for a new carrier

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
My contract is up and I am waiting on the new big screen Iphone. I've had android devices since the HTC evo. Now with streaming and other apps, I need to jump ship to ios. For some reason, Crunchyroll and other apps seem to roll out content faster on apple before android. I have a premium membership that gives me same day access to episodes. However on android they take 3-5 days before they get done.

Right now i'm on sprint. It used to be good at work and at home, now its horrible. I need to try ATT&T, Verizon and Tmo. Anyone in the SF bay area (especially east bay 510) with good results? One of my coworkers has Verizon with gets good reception but its also the most expensive. Everyone else has sprint like me because we get a company discount and just deals with bad reception.

So you want to stream Crunchyroll... or put another way, you want to consume mass quantities of cellular data. Sorry, but unless you want to really bend over and pay VZW or AT&T for a large GB package, you're stuck with either TMo or Sprint.

So you want to stream Crunchyroll... or put another way, you want to consume mass quantities of cellular data. Sorry, but unless you want to really bend over and pay VZW or AT&T for a large GB package, you're stuck with either TMo or Sprint.

Agreed. Verizon & AT&T have tiered data plans, so for your needs, I'd rule them out. I think T-Mobile is your only option. I believe they have great coverage in San Francisco.

What phone are you currently using? I love Apple, but if you're into watching videos on a mobile device, why get a device with such a small screen?

if you have a unlocked GSM phone, you could test t-mobile's prepaid service for $30 (5GB 4G data, 100 min, unlimited text and 2G data... ) if you like their coverage, then port and get the $70 (truly) unlimited postpaid plan

or at&t's prepaid service by any of their prepaid resellers (but they don't offer unlimited)

I spend = time in LA and SF.
I was on the $70 TmO plan 2010-2013
Spent 2013 bouncing around Vzw, Sprint, and ATT prepaid just to try other offerings for myself. I had an issued work phone, so I was free to play around with my daily driver.

In the end I'm back to TmO $70 plan.

I second the Tmobile option, they have really improved service over the past couple of years.

While far from perfect, a useful source to help decide on a carrier, I find, is www.sensorly.com. Coverage maps are never perfect and it will vary between devices, but it's easy to compare between carriers and also it's more trustworthy than the carrier's own maps since they have no reason to BS...

While far from perfect, a useful source to help decide on a carrier, I find, is www.sensorly.com. Coverage maps are never perfect and it will vary between devices, but it's easy to compare between carriers and also it's more trustworthy than the carrier's own maps since they have no reason to BS...
The problem with sensorly is lack of other user submissions. I believe I alone account for 75% of the map in my area for Sprint.

According to the Superbowl 2014 data, between just AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, AT&T won speed test, and Sprint won voice test.

Back