Looking for a mouse that has fast scroll wheel?

Haiku214

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a mouse that can do fast scrolling. I am only aware of the Logitech Performance MX and G700 having that same feature. Is there any other? Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but the Logitech G500 has a button that switches the scroll wheel to smooth/rachetless mode where it takes little effort for the wheel to rotate. You can literally give the wheel a small flick and it will continue to rotate for quite some time.

Yup, I have two logitech mice that I switch between (cause I alwys forget to charge 'em so I need a backup lol) and they both have that feature. You spin it quicky and it goes from clicky to smooth or you can click the wheel button in to manually switch between clicky and smooth.

it should be noted that the g9 wheel, although it spins fast, has a somewhat low tracking rate cap, meaning after a certain speed the scrolling signal does not register, until it slows down below that speed. I own one. Haven't tested g9x.

My LOGITECH MX620 also have that feature and has a metal mouse wheel that keeps on spinning once it starts until you stop it.

Do you need it for some special purpose? Becuase if you just want faster scrolling in OS using you can change how many lines will be moved for 1 scroll, if that helps.

I want a fast and smooth scroll wheel that has no bumps. So apparently, only Logitech offers the "hyper scrolling" feature?

The MX revolution has a neat feature that will go from stepped scroll to hyper fast scroll automatically when you scroll it fast.
There are not very many new ones available though, so if you want one it will most likely be used.
I have one I may sell if you are interested.

I am actually using a logitech performance mouse mx right now. However, it has been causing mouse skipping/jumping lately for some reason I do not know. Logitech customer service has not yet responded to my email about replacement. This is why I am curious as to what other mouse (besides logitech) has "hyperscroll-like" feature since I cannot live without one.

Thanks for your replies. I guess there is no other choice but Logitech still.

Back