• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a Haswell modular PSU <$100

Om1zzle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
145
Building a new rig and am looking for some guidance on PSUs. Build is as follows:

4670k
GTX 770
8 GB RAM
Samsung 840 Pro 256
2x 7200 RPM HDDs

I'm not looking to spend over $100. I am thinking 600-700w is the sweet spot, but am open to 700+. The quieter the better.

Here are a few I'm looking at:
SeaSonic M12II 650

XFX 650w

Corsair TX650M

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Do you guys have any other recommendations or commentary?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nvidia can eat shit. But if you wanna go by what they say over me, that's fine.

A 770 stock will pull around 225w. Cpu will pull 80ish watts. About 50w for everything else, plus alittle overhead brings you out to around 400w.
 
400w is fine for that system. GPU manufacturers overstate requirements because most people use junk PSUs that can only provide like 80% of their rated power (some even less!).

I recommend the Rosewill Capstone 450w or 550w. I don't recommend Seasonic because they have issues with coil whine, especially at low power states, which Haswell's C7 state will probably make worse. But if you don't get or mind coil whine then Seasonic is in generally also an excellent choice.
 
Back
Top