looking for a good sub 700 notebook need help starting

hollandbk

Weaksauce
hey guys, I'm trying to find a full sized laptop for my father and I wanted to know what brands and models so of you guys would suggest are good, also which ones to stay away from. I don't know as much about what the good brands are for laptops as I do desktop tops but he does not need much just some browsing, movie watching and word processing. He also wants a full size one so no netbooks, thanks in advance

For everyday tasks, a simple laptop from a known vendor like Dell, HP, Toshiba, or Gateway would be enough. Check out bargain sites like gotapex.com or head to the Dell Outlet website to save some money. (FWIW, I picked up my Studio 15 laptop for just over $700 from the Dell Outlet... and its estimated retail value is over $1000 with the features I have on mine.)

You can have my notebook for $700 :D It's a 3 year old Sager 9750, and very full size with a 17" display(see specs in sig). A bit old but still works well for the activities you mentioned. It weighs like 20 pounds though and battery life is less than an hour. :p

Back