• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a good Motherboard

citrusfizz

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
4
Hey Guys,
I was hoping someone here could help me out

i need a *micro* motherboard that supports am2 cpu with at least 2 sata slots, pretty decent onboard video, and the onboard video must be able to do tv-out with s-video, must be compliant with ddr2 533 ram and have 6-8 channel audio

is there a all in one motherboard that can fill my needs?

if found different stuff on new egg.. but most of them i couldn't tell if it had tv-out via s-video and thats kind of importannt

thanks
 
I don't think you're going to find one unless Asus or someone like that makes an S-video bracket for one of their mATX boards. I've seen them before, but it's not "native" on the motherboard like the S-dub or DVI ports.
 
kirbyrj said:
I don't think you're going to find one unless Asus or someone like that makes an S-video bracket for one of their mATX boards. I've seen them before, but it's not "native" on the motherboard like the S-dub or DVI ports.

lol isn't it D-sub?
 
I agree--you're not going to find s-video as one of the connectors on the I/O shield. On a separate PCI bracket, yes, but not on an I/O shield.

Do you have a special project in mind?

Edit: Whoops, there actually exists such a board!
 
Yeah, PCI bracket is what i meant :).

Well, there you go...the DFI is what you need :D.
 
The DFI board is slightly larger than that standard 9.6x9.6 though...just fyi.
 
Phelptwan said:
The DFI board is slightly larger than that standard 9.6x9.6 though...just fyi.

Yeah I just noticed that too...looks like almost an inch larger. Probably to get another PCI slot in or something like that. I guess it depends on the case.
 
sorry for not being more clear
the s-video can be on a pci bracket thats fine.... the audio can be on a pci bracket for all i care i just need a board that i know i am going to get both with

for under 100$ hopefully

the board does need to be 9.6"x9.6" or smaller there are no if ands or butts(big ones)

so what board would be the best for my ealier specs ?
 
citrusfizz said:
sorry for not being more clear
the s-video can be on a pci bracket thats fine.... the audio can be on a pci bracket for all i care i just need a board that i know i am going to get both with

for under 100$ hopefully

the board does need to be 9.6"x9.6" or smaller there are no if ands or butts(big ones)

so what board would be the best for my ealier specs ?
In that case, you'll want to pick up the ASUS M2NPV-VM. Onboard VGA & DVI, Component/S-Vid/composite on the PCI bracket, SPDIF header, 4x SATA, yadayadayada.

If you were willing to stoop to Socket 939, I'd recommend this Jetway board--it has SATA, component/s-video/VGA/DVI, a bunch of sound channels, and it's a heap cheaper than that Asus board above. Oh, and it comes with just about every overclocking feature you could want. I built a machine for my niece on the S754 version of that board, and it's a joy to work with.
 
Back
Top