Looking for a 28-32" IPS monitor - additional info inside

Hey folks.

Pretty straightforward. I am looking for a IPS monitor in the 28-32 (maybe even into the 34" range).

primary uses are work related (sysadmin, coding, scripting) secondary is gaming.

Good color, crisp and sharpness are what i am going for. I am casual gamer.

From what i can tell, the 1440P is the sweet spot from my research, but correct me if i am wrong.

I have found a few pretty good LG IPS monitors that caught my attention, but was hoping to get feedback and recommendations from folks here.

BTW, I just upgraded to a R9 Fury recommended here (freaking awesome card!)

I was browsing LG, focusing on IPS panels and they have quite a few that look promising. Curious if other brands to take a look at?

Just looking for feedback and suggestions.

thanks,

TCG

IMG_1144.JPG
Make sure the monitor you pick has freesync since you have the Fury card. It's a really nice tech for gaming. Everything seems smoother, besides the screen tearing avoidance.

I know you've already considered the HP Omen 32. But I'll put another plug in for it. I love my three. Fantastic displays! I've been playing Shadow of Mordor the last week or so with the three monitors on a single Fury X card. I get about 50-60FPS on High settings with a single card at 7680x1440 and the experience is stellar. Feels smooth as silk with freesync and the extra width and display peripheral is just excellent for the game. VA panel based tech though.

Last edited:
Looks great to me. I own a KS8000 prolly one of the best looking 4k displays for 2016. Certainly everyone's recommended gaming set all over the web. So my standard is set pretty high.

If you can get the HP Omen 32 for $300 that would be a better buy. But at $350 + 35 ot 40 in tax. I dunno.

good point there on the PPI
what should i be looking for in that area for the monitors i am looking at?

thx
I've found 1440p or 1600p to be a sweet spot for performance vs visuals and pixel size at around the 30"-32" mark.

No scaling issues in windows, decent FPS in games, pixel size on par with 24" at 1080p

I've found 1440p or 1600p to be a sweet spot for performance vs visuals and pixel size at around the 30"-32" mark.

No scaling issues in windows, decent FPS in games, pixel size on par with 24" at 1080p

Ya, in my research and testing, i find that to be the same. I am trying to find a nice monitor in this range that has 2580x1500 (or whatever it is). I am a bit hesitant to go with anything less than a 32" monitor that has 4K (3840xwhatever) because the text may be super small.

seems hard to find a monitor in this range. Is that normal? Are IPS monitors more in the 27" range?

thx

Back