looking for 3/4" pump

ghost6303

2[H]4U
i need a 3/4" water pump for circulating water thru a little radiator i found, im going to have 2 loops connected at the resevoir,

one loop cools the system
res>D5>RBX775> 2xDD Tyees'> northbridge>radiator>res

one loop through a passive radiator im mounting outside my window ;)
resevoir> pump > 20' tube> 40 pass 3/4" ID copper radiator> 20' return line>res

anyone know where to find something that would work for this? ive looked a bunch of places, theres a few on ebay for garden hose pressure boosting that might work but that was a little bigger then i need and im not sure they are made for constant use. im looking for about 200-300gph, 10-30 foot head. 120volt

if it has to be this cold out im going to use it for something good. and where the hell is this global warming i was promised

Go to home depot, look in the gardening section. they usually have about a dozen pumps of different sizes to choose from.

they have lots of pumps, none smaller then 1" discharge though... there was two 3/4" sump pumps but they are for intermittent use only

you dont need a 3/4" pump, all you need as a converter to take the diameter of the pump up to the diameter of the radiator. So a 1/2" -> 3/4" converter. Much easier then getting a 3/4" pump.

you dont need a 3/4" pump, all you need as a converter to take the diameter of the pump up to the diameter of the radiator. So a 1/2" -> 3/4" converter. Much easier then getting a 3/4" pump.

That's not a bad idea but if your determined to get a pump you can try doing a search for Little Giant pumps. They're for ponds and waterfalls but they have LOTS of different sizes and should be readily available.

they have lots of pumps, none smaller then 1" discharge though... there was two 3/4" sump pumps but they are for intermittent use only

You were in wrong section of store, go into the garden supply section.
However I have noticed that what they carry does vary a lot between store to store.

Heres one, little pricey probally, look at the fountain pumps, you didnt mention if submersible was ok or if you had to have an in-line.

http://www.lgpc.com/Product/ItemDetail.aspx?ProductID=3

DangerDen used to have a 3/4" version of the D4, dunno if they carry a 3/4" D5 or not.

thats what i was looking for, fountain pumps i just didnt know the name or how to find them, if i cant find a 3/4" danger den il get that little giant, should be good enough, and i dont need a submersible one although im sure i could make it work. thanks

one loop through a passive radiator im mounting outside my window ;)
resevoir> pump > 20' tube> 40 pass 3/4" ID copper radiator> 20' return line>res
What are you going to do to keep it from freezing?
What are you going to do about condensation?
Running passive is a tremendous waste of potential cooling.

a waste of cooling power?

PC210004.jpg

i got 20,000 watts of cooling power to waste, even if i waste 75% thats still 5000watts plus my quad 120mm radiator, but i can now turn the fans off on that.

and no need for a relay, this pump is going on the radiator itself im building a custom housing for it, with quick disconnects to the case.

haha that will "get her done" me thinks. You probally already know but just in case, mount it at about a 45 deg angle so you get both natural convection and take advantage of any natural breezes that occur. This is what is normally done with rads and evaporators on roofs of commercial buildings if forced air is not used. If the air around your place tends to be dead calm (would be rare, even if we dont notice, there is usually allways a wind blowing even if its 1/2 mph) put it horizontal. Shade it, up under the eve/overhang of the house might be good. You could carefull remove a piece of under eve soffit and get access to the rafters to hang it from and attic access for wiring for power. Just a suggestion.

Back