Looking for 27" 1440p monitor for mixed use. Trying to decide between three options

ppilot

Weaksauce
So I am looking at upgrading my display setup to two 1440p 27" monitors but I am having some difficulties in deciding between my options.

Use - 75% Office Work, 25% Games (almost all RPG's and strategy games)

After doing some research this is kinda what I've narrowed the options down to:

Dell U2717D $263
Benq PD2700Q $299
Lenovo y27q-20 (same panel as LG 27GL850) $396

My question does my use case warrant the price increase to the gaming monitor (which everyone seems to be a big fan of) or would I see little or no downside with either the Dell or Benq. Stuff like stand quality doesn't really matter I as will be VESA Mounting them.

Thanks for any Feedback!

So I am looking at upgrading my display setup to two 1440p 27" monitors but I am having some difficulties in deciding between my options.

Use - 75% Office Work, 25% Games (almost all RPG's and strategy games)

After doing some research this is kinda what I've narrowed the options down to:

Dell U2717D $263
Benq PD2700Q $299
Lenovo y27q-20 (same panel as LG 27GL850) $396

My question does my use case warrant the price increase to the gaming monitor (which everyone seems to be a big fan of) or would I see little or no downside with either the Dell or Benq. Stuff like stand quality doesn't really matter I as will be VESA Mounting them.

Thanks for any Feedback!

The Lenovo would be the obvious pick for games, with the caveat that it's wide gamut, unlike the other two choices you posted. Most games (and web content) however are built using the sRGB color space. Since you probably don't want wildly over-saturated colors (and also the Lenovo's sRGB emulation mode is not all that great) you'll need to use ReShade and a 3D LUT to really get the best out of your games. I was unhappy with it at first, but after a few weeks of jumping through hoops and learning to deal with the wide gamut, I can honestly say that I love it now. I do feel that TN still offers slightly better motion clarity, but the picture quality of the LG IPS panel is stunning in this application once dialed in. Contrast is OK (~950:1), though you'll want some room lighting (as with all IPS IMO).

If you can deal with 60Hz, the other two choices will be much less hassle overall.

Back