Looking at used iPad.

Another contractor at work has an iPad he doesn't use. So I'm looking atvrakingbit off his hands, I'm just curious how that works. It's registered to his iTunes etc. so will that cause a problem, or do I just wipe it, and its all good? Or does apple track units to accounts, and make it so I can't use my iTunes with it, unless I have him deactivate his etc.

Thanks

Just wipe it clean before using it. A full firmware restore will wipe his private data from the device and prompt for an Apple Account login. Once you login to the freshly wiped device, it is tied to your account. (Until you wipe it again.)

Settings, general, reset, erase all contents and settings. When done it will be like it was brand-new.

except that there aren't any..

SlickDeals already got ahold of them. They were sold out an hour or two after they hit the front page. Best thing to do is just check every day if you want one, because Apple posts refurb stock without warning whenever it becomes available.

Looks like the $319 deal is back in stock. On a related note, who would pay 30 bucks more for a 32GB iPad 1? That just sounds retarded compared to the iPad 2 for $319.

yeah. i jumped on one of the $319 ipad 2 last night. shipped from Shenzeng China yesterday. The last refurb i ordered came from NC and this ships from China. Wtf

yeah. i jumped on one of the $319 ipad 2 last night. shipped from Shenzeng China yesterday. The last refurb i ordered came from NC and this ships from China. Wtf

Haha, are you surprised? That's probably how they have these "specials."

Haha, are you surprised? That's probably how they have these "specials."

huh? not sure what you're implying there. They're not selling cheap chinese knockoffs or anything, and Apple refurbs are comparable to a brand new product. They really could sell them that way, but instead they sell them as refurbs, as they should. They make them available whenever possible, and the one he bought happened to be available from a warehouse in china.

And besides, it's not like most of the parts are made in asia or anything... :rolleyes:

huh? not sure what you're implying there. They're not selling cheap chinese knockoffs or anything, and Apple refurbs are comparable to a brand new product. They really could sell them that way, but instead they sell them as refurbs, as they should. They make them available whenever possible, and the one he bought happened to be available from a warehouse in china.

And besides, it's not like most of the parts are made in asia or anything... :rolleyes:

I was simply implying that they are cutting out the middleman by bringing them directly from China.

Just wipe it clean before using it. A full firmware restore will wipe his private data from the device and prompt for an Apple Account login. Once you login to the freshly wiped device, it is tied to your account. (Until you wipe it again.)

There's no need to go through all that effort.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content & Settings will do the trick and reset the iPad back to factory defaults, including walking the user through the multi-step setup process.

Back