Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

Are there any vents on the bottom for intake?

What's the most powerful GPU one could fit in this thing? I see a handful of mentions about a Galax 750ti low profile card, but can't seem to find it in any USA retailers.

yes it has vents. kfa2/galaxy 750ti lp, zotac gtx 750 ti lp and msi n750ti-2gd5tlp will fit and are pretty much the same if im not mistaking, also maybe a 950ti?

Last edited:
Are there any vents on the bottom for intake?

What's the most powerful GPU one could fit in this thing? I see a handful of mentions about a Galax 750ti low profile card, but can't seem to find it in any USA retailers.

Previously you could get them at the galaxy online store but they don't seem to carry them now.

http://www.galaxstore.net/

Found a new, and imo amazing, cooler for the L-series. Only caveat is that you would need to put a hole in the side of the case.

It has the best thermals and acoustics of any cooler under 70mm (68mm installed) I have the scythe big shuriken rev2 with a 25mm noctua on top instead of the included "slip stream". That combo brings my cooler to 68mm so I'm contemplating getting this new one to try it out.

Raijintek Pallas
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2765

If it was the same "size" and support for full height GPU card(20-21cm) but doesnt change the length of the case, it would have been ordered already.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but L3 is same size as L1. With enough space for two-slot card, but only single slot card is supported. And there are smaller vented areas on top and bottom, so previous setup with two/four fans will not be working now. How is that the best from L1 and L2?

The dimensions of the L1 and L3 are the same, but you will note the fan mounts on the top no longer exist in order to push the motherboard stand offs further up. This means there is more room for a larger GPU at the bottom. The L1 had a very strict low profile card limit - the cooler essentialyl could not exceed the actual single pci bracket size. Pretty much all "low" profile cards break this specification, unfortunately, hence the creation of the L2. With the L3's new design, low profile cards with a 1.5 / 2.0 slot cooler should now fit, but it looks like that will prevent placement of a case fan on the bottom. Air flow however is addressed by the cutout for a CPU intake that has been incorporated, and I'll touch on that in the next paragraph.

I actually got around to finally doing some additional thermal testing on my L1 last weekend. When the machine is stressed (Intel Burn Test) my L1 traps hot air regardless of using the case fans as intake/exhaust. I was actually a couple degrees off from TJMAX at one point. Heat being trapped is severe to the point that case temps will not reconcile after turning off the test unless I turn off the machine for awhile or remove the side panel. Stressing with side panel off from the start was about 10 degrees better on average, with no spikes in temp so close to the thermal threshhold.

Having side ventilation for the CPU to directly pull in fresh air will resolve this issue that and be far better than 2-4 smaller 80mm fans. It'll push the cash towards positive pressure preferred though, so you'll want a filter for it likely.

This is my setup for reference

I really the changes placed into the L3. I've been considering getting rid of my L1, and the L3 actually addresses the concerns I have with the original design.

If it was the same "size" and support for full height GPU card(20-21cm) but doesnt change the length of the case, it would have been ordered already.

i was hoping for the same - a full size horizontal pcie slot for 2slot full size cards up to 17-18cm - makes a slightly taller case but allows a lot quieter gpu's to be used. would have ordered asap if this was the case

That's sad, i was hoping for 2 PCEI slots. In that case i will not buy this version, i will wait for the next one with 2 slots.

Yeah you only need one slot (especially with the LP 750 ti), unless you really desperately need a VGA connector.

I have a question, does anyone know what happened to the low profile gtx 750 ti? I can't seem to find any in stock nor any mention of anyone selling them. Where did they all go? Did they cease manufacturing? If so, then the only other card I can think of putting in the L3 would have to be a radeon hd 7750 or r7 750 and those cards are inferior to the gtx 750 ti. That is rather unfortunate.

Also I found this but it won't fit in the L3 because it doesn't have that second slot bracket anymore:

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GV-N75TOC-2GL-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00MW8NXAW

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess manufacturers are going away from the 750 Tis for the upcoming 950 Ti or 950. With a bit of luck, we may see a few 950 Tis in low profile, maybe even single slot form factors.

The Zotac and Galax/KFA options have optional removable second brackets.
only the Zotac comes with lp bracket in the box you need to buy separate one for Galax/KFA, but they are like 2$ on ebay. also for the fan heres a quote from James
There were clearance, acoustic, and appearance issues with the fans at the top.

only the Zotac comes with lp bracket in the box you need to buy separate one for Galax/KFA, but they are like 2$ on ebay. also for the fan heres a quote from James

Actually, my Galax came with th LP bracket but the tab was backwards. For some reason, the PCI spec has them in opposing direction from a full length version. Another difference is the LP version is spec'd with an EMI bump. So in the end I did purchase another bracket off eBay.

Actually, my Galax came with th LP bracket but the tab was backwards. For some reason, the PCI spec has them in opposing direction from a full length version. Another difference is the LP version is spec'd with an EMI bump. So in the end I did purchase another bracket off eBay.
oo well that`s what i read on the reviews :D

good to know :) thanks for the info
That EMI bump actually was a tiny issue on the L2, I swapped a few emails with James and it looks like he has a cutout for it on the L3. On the L2 if you screwed down the PCI bracket it would torque the card pivoting on the EMI bump, ended up putting a fiber washer between the bracket and the case screw.

im still holding on buying the 750ti, i really hope that Amd or/and Nvidia come up whit something new soon

Anyone know how much the L3 will be and when will the orders go live? I've been waiting for this day forever lol

I don't anyone apart from Loneindustires would know the pricing :D its yet under TBA so we're all left guessing.

Anyone know how much the L3 will be and when will the orders go live? I've been waiting for this day forever lol

I'm hoping to have pricing finalized and start taking orders within a week or two. Still a few things I need to decide on, like screws and packaging.

Canadian dollar is very low right now, which will be great for US customers. Not sure if it's good for any other international customers or not though.

I'm hoping to have pricing finalized and start taking orders within a week or two. Still a few things I need to decide on, like screws and packaging.

Canadian dollar is very low right now, which will be great for US customers. Not sure if it's good for any other international customers or not though.

Thanks for the response! I can't wait for this. Are they going to be pre-made? I know on the L2 there had to be a preorder in a sense to get a headcount

Yes, assuming there's no unforeseen issues, I should have the parts back from the anodizer by the end of the week. :)

Are you going to have CAD pricing for fellow Canadians? so we don't get rape by the US dollar...

I just put in an order for a Black one for me! Can't wait to receive this case. I've been trying to obtain an L2 for awhile to make a small portable gamer

yeah me too but, will have to place my order on monday :( need to go to the bank to put cash in the account

Now I just have to wait to see if any new Low Profile GPU will be release soon before I jump the gun on a 750 ti. I really hope someone makes a low profile 960.

Anyone know whats the best possible CPU cooler for this case?

Now I just have to wait to see if any new Low Profile GPU will be release soon before I jump the gun on a 750 ti. I really hope someone makes a low profile 960
same here. i have a 660 and will not be able to game if i dont get the 750ti, or wait and not install the mobo in the case ;/

Back