Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

I thought I would finally post some pictures of my L2 since I just changed coolers to the Cryorig C1:

CPU: 4770s
GPU: 750 TI Galax
RAM: 16GB VLP 1600Mhz
MOBO: Asrock H81
HDD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB

ziU9w4q.jpg

14PYOHQ.jpg

Gc4PNZX.jpg

I don't think this heatsink would fit an Asus Impact motherboard. It seems to have a 140mm fan

it might - youd have the check mobo compatibility on the Raijintek site. the Cryorig C1 fits on asus mobos with the the daughterboards and afaik they have similar cooler dimensions.

I may just get the Cryorig C1 if it fits this case like the previous post. It seems easy to find and I like the black fan.

Is the 750 ti a really capable GPU for playing Diablo 3 at 1080?

I may just get the Cryorig C1 if it fits this case like the previous post. It seems easy to find and I like the black fan.

i play BF4 at 1080p on med/high at 40fps on mine at stok clocks - its a very capable card if you find the right settings at 1080p

I can play Diablo/Starcraft/Heroes at max with the 750 ti, it is a very capable card.

I thought I would finally post some pictures of my L2 since I just changed coolers to the Cryorig C1:

CPU: 4770s
GPU: 750 TI Galax
RAM: 16GB VLP 1600Mhz
MOBO: Asrock H81
HDD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB

Looks great! I was wondering if someone would use a Cryorig C1 in the L2. :)

I personally hope Cryorig makes a smaller 120 mm version.

Phanteks tc12ls would have 1mm clearance to side panel though might lead to air noise with perforations, would need a thinner fan for a solid cover.

i currently have the noctua nh-l12 with the 92mm fan only, temps are ok but i also consider replacing that fan with silverstone fw121, its a slim one

Looks great! I was wondering if someone would use a Cryorig C1 in the L2. :)

I personally hope Cryorig makes a smaller 120 mm version.

Will the cooler fit on your L3? This just fits with the lid on the L2. At most it has a MM to spare.

When I originally mounted the cooler it was hitting the side 80MM fans but luckily with my low profile ram I was able to to mount it with the long side facing the GPU. I was going to be upset if it didn't fit because my Samuel 17 worked just fine but I saw this on Newegg Openbox for $30 shipped and had to have it.

Will the cooler fit on your L3? This just fits with the lid on the L2. At most it has a MM to spare.

When I originally mounted the cooler it was hitting the side 80MM fans but luckily with my low profile ram I was able to to mount it with the long side facing the GPU. I was going to be upset if it didn't fit because my Samuel 17 worked just fine but I saw this on Newegg Openbox for $30 shipped and had to have it.

Probably won't fit. The L3 should have 75 mm of CPU cooler clearance max, but the L3 CPU cooler clearance is 3 mm less than the L2. You should have more than 1 mm clearance, but not sure why you don't. I looked at my measurements again, but could be making a mistake.

I've seen pictures of the C1 mounted with the long side over the ram. I think this would be the best position for the L3 (if it fit).

Last edited:
What size hex key are the screw on the L2? The top right motherboard screw I can't screw in because I can't get my small hex key to fit. I was thinking of finding a longer hex screw driver.

What size hex key are the screw on the L2? The top right motherboard screw I can't screw in because I can't get my small hex key to fit. I was thinking of finding a longer hex screw driver.

The M3 and the #6-32 screws will work with a 2 mm or 5/64" hex driver.

@updawg, FWIW, the power switch wiring is made long enough to run across the back of the motherboard (or should be!). :)

@updawg, FWIW, the power switch wiring is made long enough to run across the back of the motherboard (or should be!). :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll neaten up the wiring a bit when my hex driver comes in from amazon. Right now the mobo screw by the power button is not being used because I can't screw it in with the little hex key set I have.

I just received my shipping notification for my L3. What do I need power supply wise to run a 3570k and a 750 ti? This is my first case that requires a non standard power supply.

I'll probably wait for other people to get the l3 before I get an aftermarket cooler. I would hate to buy something and have it not fit

i got it too :) cant say for sure but i will be using 750ti and g3258 oc with hdplex 160w hp 180w brick and Noctua NH-L12

I'll most likely be going with the Z3-ATX-200 power supply, looks fairly similar to the XT-160 picopsu but supports 19.5v input instead, and I have more than a few of those bricks laying around. It's also a good amount cheaper than the 160w picopsu, though I'm not sure about the reliability being comparable just yet.

I'll most likely be going with the Z3-ATX-200 power supply, looks fairly similar to the XT-160 picopsu but supports 19.5v input instead, and I have more than a few of those bricks laying around. It's also a good amount cheaper than the 160w picopsu, though I'm not sure about the reliability being comparable just yet.

I think Stevo has one and he said that it gets kinda hot, like painful to touch hot. It shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Too bad there isn't anyone selling a used 750ti. 150$ seems pretty high for a new 750 with the 9xx series recently release.

I just received my shipping notification for my L3. What do I need power supply wise to run a 3570k and a 750 ti? This is my first case that requires a non standard power supply.

I'll probably wait for other people to get the l3 before I get an aftermarket cooler. I would hate to buy something and have it not fit

you can always look into the HDplex 250w psu - there are some builds on here with photos showing how it can be used/mounted in the L2. that will give you way more than you need.

tbh if you arent planing to OC the i5 youll be fine with the 160w pico, but an OC my be pushing it a little close. i run my 54w i3 and a 750Ti no problems with the pico-psu and the 192w external brick.

I actually have an LP 750ti I used in an old L1 build that I am likely looking to offload. PM me if you're interested.

I have a machine with a G1820 and GTX 460 768mb that can run D3 at 1920x1200 smoothly (max settings from memory).

I just bought the HDPlex 160. Hopefully it is enough to run the 3570k and the 750ti. How is everyone mounting their Hdplex? I've read a few people use thermal double side tape but I can't seem to find any locally. I check Amazon but have no clue what I'm looking for

look on ebay i will get mine from there, also can you tell me what color are the connector black or white? thanks

You might be able to check ebay for thermal adhesive tapes or pads, probably similar to what is used for GPU RAM heatsinks

Be careful, a lot of those are cheap Chinese clones that infringe on pico's patents.

I might be willing to risk it since it's just a side project anyway, but what do you consider to be a problem when going with the Chinese clones?

edit: I mainly ask because in all likelihood, picobox probably has their stuff manufactured in China just the same as these, so reliability/quality is probably on similar levels. in fact, that's where I found the model to begin with: http://www.pico-box.com/z3-atx-200.html this would just be ordering direct from the manufacturer pretty much

What's the best power brick to get for the hdplex 160. I'm trying to get a quality brick the first time around since most cheap laptop power brick tend to die quick.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Quality?

The Dell 240W power brick is 19V and I assume quite reliable, as it's bundled with Alienware laptops and many of Dell's other workstation laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Dell-Notebook-Computers-Flextronics/dp/B005EMQFNU

Dell also has a quality 180w 19v power brick, if I'm not mistaken, which should be plenty for a HDPLEX160w.

Do you guys recomend buying these bricks on amazon or somewhere else? I see some few people on the review of these product complaining about fake/broken bricks.

EDIT: That razer brick looks awesome! Too bad its quite overpriced :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back