LOL! Look at what bestbuy did

I can just see it now... you order a Nvidia 9800 for $600 the day it comes out. Best buy sends you an ATI 9800. When you bring it back to the store to complain, they will say "should have read the fine print, you ignorant little whelp! 15% restocking fee for you!!!"

I can just see it now... you order a Nvidia 9800 for $600 the day it comes out. Best buy sends you an ATI 9800. When you bring it back to the store to complain, they will say "should have read the fine print, you ignorant little whelp! 15% restocking fee for you!!!"

I'd seriously grab a 9800 off the shelf, leave the ATI on the desk, and walk out. Technically not illegal since you're getting what you paid for.

Swear to god I'm tired of Best "buy's" jacked up pricing sku's. Glad I dont by jack from them.

It says its watercooled, that may be why its slightly high priced. But, none the less, I very rarely buy cards from BB unless they have some crazy clearance or something.

OMG 559 bucks for a 640 meg at best buy , wow thats highway robbery, considering you can get em on newegg for 300.

if u zoom in on the pic it does say single slot water cooled. i also love how much that geeksquad shit costs.

Computer Setup & Data Transfer
Take the hassle out of setting up a new computer. An Agent will unbox your new PC, set it up and transfer your personal files from your old computer to the new one. We'll also configure your new PC to access your existing Internet account, perform a security check and test your computer to make sure it is functioning properly.
who in there right mind would pay 99 bucks for them to do that is beyond me.

and 40 bucks for them to install a cd drive/video card/ram or hard drive. i guess they make money off that tho cuz when ever i go to best buy theres ppl at the geeksquad spot picking up pcs and what not.

if u zoom in on the pic it does say single slot water cooled. i also love how much that geeksquad shit costs.

Computer Setup & Data Transfer
Take the hassle out of setting up a new computer. An Agent will unbox your new PC, set it up and transfer your personal files from your old computer to the new one. We'll also configure your new PC to access your existing Internet account, perform a security check and test your computer to make sure it is functioning properly.
who in there right mind would pay 99 bucks for them to do that is beyond me.

and 40 bucks for them to install a cd drive/video card/ram or hard drive. i guess they make money off that tho cuz when ever i go to best buy theres ppl at the geeksquad spot picking up pcs and what not.

You would be surprised at what people who don't have a clue about computers and don't have a tech guru in the family will buy.

I used to work at CompUSA and when people came in looking for computers I would sell them one that would do the job then offer them a service which was similar. It was about half of that price and just about the same amount of work. What I noticed is that it was mainly older people that bought those services (which makes sense sense a lot of old people today come from the old school and don't know or care to know about computers). From the standpoint of an old person it is something that is actually of good value, now whenever I had a younger person come into the store I usually didn't bother since a lot of us younger people are a lot more PC literate and know how to do that stuff.

This kind of stuff really depends on the person. You can't say that anyone would be stupid to pay for a service like that because some people actually benefit from it. Although $99 is a little high but still is a good value (saves those people a hell of a lot of time).

What I remember and chuckle about though is when people came in to buy PC Parts (those people who had the right idea looking for a cool ass rig but were looking in the wrong direction). I always just told those people that newegg.com and other online stores sold parts like that for WAYYY less. Although surprisingly I have found memory in retail stores to be just about the same price as online prices (probably like 1.5% markup).

Anyway now I'm ranting so I will lend it here.

Back