LOL attack of the n00bs

buzzard34

Gawd
OK get this (this is why you never buy Dells) ... a noob in my pc class was installing RAM and somehow the douche installed it the WRONG way. But wait that's not all, THE RAM FIT INTO THE SLOT. this means that the RAM actually fitted into the slot, but as a result it started to burn up whenever the PC turned on :eek: :D :mad: :eek: Good God , I swear I never saw anything that stupid and I thought this was impossible...

your puilling both my legs. no one could cram ram into a socket bsackwards without destroying it.and when destroyed the slot would not even have power.

Hell no dude Im not kidding. In teh words of my computer teacher's immortal humor, he said "the half titties on the damn RAM slot are barely visible and look like flat nipples..." This explains why the n00b got the RAM forced down far enough for it to click into the slot. I still laugh at all the harassment he got from doing that... :D :D :D

buzzard34 said:
Hell no dude Im not kidding. In teh words of my computer teacher's immortal humor, he said "the half titties on the damn RAM slot are barely visible and look like flat nipples..." This explains why the n00b got the RAM forced down far enough for it to click into the slot. I still laugh at all the harassment he got from doing that... :D :D :D

DAMN, thats alot of force.. how cracked up were the connectors on the ram sticks from taking that pressure?

buzzard34 said:
Hahaha :D

lithium726 said:
DAMN, thats alot of force.. how cracked up were the connectors on the ram sticks from taking that pressure?

They weren't really cracked. in fact the RAM still works. :D

maybe this isn't DDR? or normal SDRAM? I'm assuming if they're using it in a computer class then it would have to be something old, eh?

even it it was an older system, you cant force it backwards. he said it works still eventhough it was on fire or smoking or some shit.

lol
most of you calling BS are uninformed.

it IS possible to insert ram incorrectly , especially id the dimm slots are weak material
and a lot of force is used.
i know , since i was drunk once and did it myself. :p

i , however , smelled it in the 5 secs it was in and hurriedly pulled the power plug .

believe it or not , the dimm (ddr) was fine and so was the mobo. :D

no because i've had 2 customers do it, one of which told me he didn't do it because it was imposible. The board and the dimm were already ruined so i proceeded to show him how. It snapped into place with excesive force.

One good rule of thumb that holds true with everything inside of a computer case: If you think you're apply to much force to something you probably are.

bobcrotch said:
no because i've had 2 customers do it, one of which told me he didn't do it because it was imposible. The board and the dimm were already ruined so i proceeded to show him how. It snapped into place with excesive force.

One good rule of thumb that holds true with everything inside of a computer case: If you think you're apply to much force to something you probably are.

This is close to my golden advice to n00bs : if you are installing pc hardware and
you think you need to apply much force to do something ,then 99% you are doing
something wrong :D

Yeah I'll try and get pics if u want but seriously, the RAM fitted into teh slot. He put DRAM in to one of those old shitbox Dells (an optiplex G1 I believe) BACKWARDS and it pretty much fit in (one of the side clips clicked at least) :eek:

buzzard34 said:
OK get this (this is why you never buy Dells) ... a noob in my pc class was installing RAM and somehow the douche installed it the WRONG way. But wait that's not all, THE RAM FIT INTO THE SLOT. this means that the RAM actually fitted into the slot, but as a result it started to burn up whenever the PC turned on :eek: :D :mad: :eek: Good God , I swear I never saw anything that stupid and I thought this was impossible...
i believe this guy, i knew a dumbass once where he shoved ram into a mobo backwards (as in, the ram contacts were facing the side panel of the case) and he chipped a corner off the stick. He thought the ram was defective and he returned the ram (bastard making prices high for the rest of us non-retards. He thought he was a real hot shot w/ computers....

buzzard34 said:
Yeah I'll try and get pics if u want but seriously, the RAM fitted into teh slot. He put DRAM in to one of those old shitbox Dells (an optiplex G1 I believe) BACKWARDS and it pretty much fit in (one of the side clips clicked at least) :eek:

LOL :D post some if you have , it will be realy funny .

btw. better also switch it ON and take photographs while mobo is on fire :D

LOL :D

mentorxxx said:
LOL :D post some if you have , it will be realy funny .

btw. better also switch it ON and take photographs while mobo is on fire :D

LOL :D

Yeah I'm sure the computer teacher will be happy to see one of his shitbox dells on fire. :eek:

I am far from a noob, but you can put ram in backwards. It will usually not fit in fully, but enough to burn a bit and possibly toast the memory controller, I did this once with a NF-7S in a drunken attempt to switch out parts to isolate a problem. The mobo started to burn and smoke came out of thr ic chip(mem contoller ) I think. It was pretty funny, I RMA it the next day.
However, another noob act I have seen is computer techs at a company I used to work for parting out machines for the powersupplys blowing the dust off the powersupplies with a compressed airhose without a water separator so it was blowing water into them too.
These were professionals at their best :p Noobisum can strike at any time,any place without warning, be on the lookout, be ever vigilant :D

Back