Logo help

Bullio

Gawd
Hey folks,
I'm planning on reworking my website from the ground up. I have some ideas about the layout and all, but the one thing that's plagued me from the beginning is trying to come up with a good logo. I have some small skill in PS, but no skill whatsoever in art. I've tried drawing my own, but none seem to sit right.

This is where you guys come in. I really need help with my logo. The site is called TrippingBull. I'm looking for a logo that is distinct, original, and easy to use in multiple things such as the website and watermarks and the like. I want to use a "bull" in some sort of way, but finding the right one is hard. Especially since I can't draw. If you need any other info, feel free to ask away.

If I end up using your logo, I'll give you twenty bucks. You gotta have paypal, though.

For those of you that help out, thanks in advance.

You might want to state what the website does. Who visits it? If its mostly kids you should do something funny if its corprate types you should do some kind of minimulistic bull figure only the lines of a bull or something like that.

this is not a good drawing but its still a logo and you get the point. So it doesnt mean that if you cant draw you cant make a logo. I cant draw too well but i still do logos, my design teacher has been in the industry for 30 years and he cant draw.

bride_logo.gif

you should also read this post, it might give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=913138

Good point. It's actually more of a personal website. I'm working to define it by writing (both good and bad :p ), humor, and multiple outlet for media. Vids, PS work, Flash, etc.

The age group is going to be more adult themed, but I like dark humor as well as the more lighthearted stuff.

I also plan on doing bi-weekly game reviews and perhaps some comics of some sort if at all possible.

Ouch, thanks for the thread referral. I might have to look elsewhere.

Here are a few bull graphics I pulled out of a clipart package I have. These were vectors, I don't have a vector prog installed, had to open in IrfanView and copy/paste to save as gifs in Photoshop. Colors can always be changed. Let me know if you want the originals on any of these.

bull1.gif

bull2.gif

bull3.gif

ummm i really hate to refer you to this site that is what youre looking for and will give you good work for the money youre trying to spend, ill give it to you even though i was banned from it for a stupid reason and im holding a grudge, ill give it out just because you seem like a nice guy.

*link removed.

Okay, I was playing with Photoshop. Just kinda a rough idea.

bull-logo.jpg

You have some skill there. I like the colors. How did you do the sphere?

G-Bull said:
You have some skill there. I like the colors. How did you do the sphere?
Thanks. It was some kind of chrome pre-set. I will email you the PSD file and let you play with it. :)

if your still giving out 20 bucks i'll take a shot at it and give it an honest try. Post back.

If you make something that I use, I'll give you your twenty.

I'm thinking simple and effective. Something I can use for watermarks and the like.

something simple?

what color do you like?

bull.jpg

that would be great for watermarks...

That's great. Is there a way way you can make both horns more pronounced? Maybe bring in the outline of the head a little bit and make the horn a negative where it's in front of the body?

One small problem. What if you want to make a company shirt. You need a image thats 20 times bigger. How are you going to get an image without making ti bigger and distorting the quality?

Tony Montana said:
One small problem. What if you want to make a company shirt. You need a image thats 20 times bigger. How are you going to get an image without making ti bigger and distorting the quality?

mine is a vector image....

and he never mentioned making shirts..

Good thought, Tony. I don't think I'll ever need to make shirts. I'm not expecting too much traffic, however, I should consider it if the need should arise.

b1m2x3, I like it. I hope you don't get frustrated with me on this, but it's still not totally what I'm looking for. This might be seem picky, but the contours don't seem right for the head and the tail. The face looks thick and I'm looking for a more "swept" look to the horns and the tail looks too much like a penis to suit my taste. :p I do like the idea, if I do run with it, I may make some changes. If I do use it and change it, I'll still fork up the twenty. Thanks so much for helping me out here.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post here and help a guy in need out.

xXaNaXx said:
here ya go......:

trippingbull.jpg

:D

LOL

I was wondering when someone was going to get the hallucinogen idea going. That's not actually what the "Tripping" part is derived from, but that pick is still good for a laugh.

A quick note. If any of your guys' pics are used on my site, I'll give proper credit where it's due and give out the necessary funds. Thanks again.

bull1.jpg

sure looks like a bull to me...

bull2.jpg

and i never knew bulls penis's grew from their backs....

ROFL

I didn't mean to offend. I just think the tail looks wierd. It does look like a bull. However, there are several different ways that the head is typically drawn. Like I said. I like it and I may use it, but I'm going to be a little picky too about how I like it. It will work great for a watermark and and a gray bg image too. It's almost exactly what I had in mind. I'm just being picky about the aesthetics.

*edit: BTW, did you draw that yourself? If so, great job.

i think the tail looks weird on top in the "shadow" version. in the normal picture it looks... well normal. otherwise, for what it's worth, i like it.

That's odd, when I last checked this thread, I didn't see the pic of the Wall Street bull on top. I saw the silhouette that you originally drew. Still, it looks good. I might use a mixture between yours and Lethal's.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I love it. Sorry it took me a minute to respond, I'm going through a military transfer right now.

Seriously, though, I like it. It's clean and I can use it for several things.

If G-Bull likes it I can clean it up. I went for a professional look.

I like it. I'll probably end up opening up Paypal for this one. How clean can you go? I'm not terribly worried about the words because I can always change that myself if need be. I love the picture though.

In my opinion that picture will be hard to implement as logos, letterheads, business cards, etc. Good luck printing that at high resolutions. Looks good on the web, but it's pretty low quality. If I were you, I'd get him to make a vector version.

Keep it in mind. My $.02.

I got the PSD ready and I pm'd you back. Awaiting the payment and the .psd is yours. Did some touch ups to it but I can't get the text right because I don't know what your looking for. I have the layer with the original image, a layer with the altered image you see and a layer with the text. I will also tell you exactly what I did to get the effect to the original image incase you decide to alter it even further to your own liking. :)

All professional logos that i know of are done vector... not in Photoshop ... in Illustrator.. almost always in illustrator.

logos should be scalable... imagine sending a multi colored 'photo' raster to the press .. you lot only have to pay an arm and a leg but also piss off the press operators

Inquisition said:
All professional logos that i know of are done vector... not in Photoshop ... in Illustrator.. almost always in illustrator.

logos should be scalable... imagine sending a multi colored 'photo' raster to the press .. you lot only have to pay an arm and a leg but also piss off the press operators

Yeah, I guess you have a point.

Is it possible to make the lines solid on the Destonomos's and convert it to vector? Does anyone know how?

late entry....

I like it Sarbs. I had that idea with the T also, but couldn't pull it off. Maybe I can use as part of the other pic too. Let me think about it.

Thanks to everyone for your participation here. I hold payment on Dest's until I get an answer on the vector thing.

i can just make it in illistrator.... goes off to try and find the program for download :rolleyes:

Destonomos said:
i can just make it in illistrator.... goes off to try and find the program for download :rolleyes:

I hope you mean you're downloading the trial version from adobe's website :rolleyes:

Back