• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

logitech Z-5500 anyone?

magnetik said:
anyone have these yet? if so.. what are your impressions? I want to know how they compare to the Ultras or the 680's.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486

[..::magnetik::..]


I have heard a lot of good things about these. They are a big step up from the 680 people say. People have also upgraded from the PM to these. The one thing that they did mention was that you can't upgrade the speaker wire since it is connected.
 
Only thing I dont like about the logitech 5500s is the fact that it doesnt have a tweeter. Otherwise, it packs a lot of features for the price. For $275 from newegg, you get a decoder, remote control, a cool control pod, a large 10" sub, and 5 good quality sats.

Cant ask for more at that price in my opinion. ;)
 
jamezzz122 said:
I have heard a lot of good things about these. They are a big step up from the 680 people say. People have also upgraded from the PM to these. The one thing that they did mention was that you can't upgrade the speaker wire since it is connected.

Doesn't look like it's to huge since it has exactly the same wattage amp and the same speakers. aside from the 10" subwoofer.
 
I bought the 5500's about two weeks ago, I have the logitech 5300's connected to my computer. The base is boomy on the 5300's but thats good for my computer needs such as gaming. I bought the 5500's for a my home theater, yeah thats right my living room connected to my digital cable, xbox, dvd player, tv, vcr ect. This set of speakers is an amazing bang for the buck. I bought an $800 dollar stero in a box and brought it back because I was not impressed and bought the 5500's which absoutly blow the other system I bought away. I didnt have the 680's before but I can tell you these have no hissing and the new 10 inch sub can hit lower frequences than the 680's. Watching dvd's on this set is great.The sub is huge and can really pound, and the sats are clean and sound good. The only thing that could be better is the cables which are attached but you can add to the legenth with some addon RCA connectors. Buy these and I dont thing you'll be sorry just blown away, Here are some reviews

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20041130/index.html
http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/z5500/
http://www.gamingnexus.com/Review.asp?ID=638
http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/speakers/review_2004-10-18.html
http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0
 
is it possible to replace the left and right speakers with a different set?
 
Back
Top