Logitech X-230 Speakers not working

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I have the Logitech x-230 speakers which don't require drivers. I installed them and was using them fine until I installed a new ATI video card on my computer. My sound card is off the motherboard. The speakers now do not work but I can plug in a pair of plantronics headphones to my usb port and hear sound fine. What is the issue here? Thanks for the help.

-Rick

see if the drivers are still loaded in Device Manager for the soundcard. The usb headset works because it isn't going through it. I suspect some conflicts maybe. Also might want to try all the jacks just in case you have it in mic or similar.

ATI cards have their own built in soundcards. The soundcard on your video card was probably set to the default. Just go to the Sound control panel and make sure. (I would hope you already did this... lol)

yea ive looked at the sound card settings and all i can find is High Definition Audio Device (working properly) ... ive tried plugging it also into a front headset input and it makes scratchy noises when i try plugging it in, but no sound from the computer as in music or whatever i am trying to play...

I think you're looking in hardware manager. You should be looking in the windows sound settings.

Control Panel>Sound (for windows 7 and vista I believe)

Then, make sure there's a green check on the onboard sound. You probably have the check on ATI HDMI Output. (Right click on your onboard sound device in the list here and choose "Set as Default Device") Once thats all done, restart whatever program you were using to play audio

What are all your options for "Playback" under Sound in the Ctrl Panel?
Which one has a green check?

Back