Logitech USB microphone question

eddie500

Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Messages
1,009
Does anyone know if I use the Logitech USB stand mouse with noise canceling, that if I am playing a game like counter strike with my speakers, will I be able to talk easily with this microphone and be understood while the speakers are turned up?

Like will the sound of the game really effect the microphone transmitting my voice?
 
You'll get some feedback, yeah. Even the tightest supercardioid mics can't reject everything (some of them have poor backside rejection, actually), and I'd imagine the Logitech mic has a pretty typical cardioid pattern. You can minimize it by being very careful how you place the mic (i.e. how close it is to your mouth) and how it's oriented toward your mouth and away from your speakers.

As far as it being a problem in terms of how well people can understand you, it generally shouldn't be. It might be annoying for other players, but it shouldn't be a problem as far as intelligibility is concerned.
 
I have the Logitech USB mic and use it for CSS and TF2. I've used it on multiple servers and my teammates say that I sound great. This mic is excellent for those who want to continue to use their speakers but also be able to speak to the team.
 
Back
Top