Logitech needs to quit making mice

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a wireless mouse of theirs and it randomly sticks and misinterprets button clicks. I do not use their drivers (it also happens with their drivers), have new batteries in it, have the receiver on its extension maybe a foot-and-a-half away from the mouse and AFAIK there is nothing nearby using 800Mhz (the phone is on the 2.4 Ghz band).

Waste of money if you ask me, and their support forum was no help at all.

And to top it off, no gaming mice for lefthanders. Please don't support companies that discriminate like Logitech does. :p

I love their speakers but from my experience their mice suck. It's misbehaving right now; if I move it around the cursor sticks briefly, jumps around the screen and doesn't register mouse down/up commands.

Other (wired) mice work just fine using the same USB port as the one it's plugged in to.

Death to Logitech! Except for their speaker division, they're nice for the price.

I think you're in the minority on this one...lots of people like Logitech mice.

heart.gif
my mx700

edit: spelling duh

workingnonstop said:
I think you're in the minority on this one...lot's of people like Logitech mice.

heart.gif
my mx700
I THINK it's only him.

I love my Logitech:
MX300
MX510
MX1000
Elite Key Board

Have owned them all at least once.

The cheap logitechs are horrible, but spend the $30 and get a mx518 or higher, you will love it.
I used to have a Logitech click! Worst optical spinner known to man, that thing was so evil Satan even went back to a ball mouse.

It's brainwashing I tell you!

A *lot* of people experience problems with Logitech's bloatware drivers too.

The funny thing about it is, if I bring up the task manager the problem immediately goes away. Something is conflicting with this thing and I have no idea what. I don't have a ton of stuff running, just the usual AV/antispyware and a few other background apps.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
The cheap logitechs are horrible, but spend the $30 and get a mx518 or higher, you will love it.
I used to have a Logitech click! Worst optical spinner known to man, that thing was so evil Satan even went back to a ball mouse.

I'm lefthanded.

I know alot of left handed people that prefer to mouse with right hand, but to each his own.

I've owned the MX310, MX500, MX510, MX518, MX700 and the Razer Copperhead. After a period of two months, I had to switch back to the MX518. The comfort of the MX5xx series is amazing. I love the performance of the mice and they fit my hand like a glove. I'm waiting for Logitech to release the updated version of the G7. It looks awesome.

Sorry to hear that you've had troubles with Logitech mice. I've had nothing but amazing experiences with them and will continue to support their products.

If you're left handed, I would recommend trying the MX-310. It has an ambidextrous design and has great performance.

Mr. Miyagi said:
I've owned the MX310, MX500, MX510, MX518, MX700 and the Razer Copperhead. After a period of two months, I had to switch back to the MX518. The comfort of the MX5xx series is amazing. I love the performance of the mice and they fit my hand like a glove. I'm waiting for Logitech to release the updated version of the G7. It looks awesome.

Sorry to hear that you've had troubles with Logitech mice. I've had nothing but amazing experiences with them and will continue to support their products.

Took the same path myself except no 500, using my 518 still for the last 7 months and i love it to death!

eggrock said:
It's brainwashing I tell you!

The funny thing about it is, if I bring up the task manager the problem immediately goes away. Something is conflicting with this thing and I have no idea what. I don't have a ton of stuff running, just the usual AV/antispyware and a few other background apps.

If it's something conflicting with the mouse, then why are you blaming it on the mouse? It could be something else.

<3 MX510, 518, G5 :)

So one bad mouse renders a company incompetent? Maybe if you had bought and used five or six and found them to be defective, you could demand Logitech cease their entire mouse-building department.

I've had the MX700 duo for four years. The original batteries still last over a day, the mouse still fits in its charger without readjustment, and the contacts still allow recharging. I have another corded Logitech keyboard and mouse that I use with my lappy. All of my Logitech products have worked fine. And just about everyone using Logitech will support the company in all of their lines of products.

I'm not real into Logitech subs though. They sound muddy to me, and it's either not enough bass, or way too much.

eggrock said:

Seriously? The mouse drivers are not bloated at all.. Conflicts are a different thing.

Since you're lefthanded, try a MX310 like suggested.

i think logitech mice are great.

i've had nothing but outstanding experience from the MX1000 and the G5

The results seem to be good on the logitech side. I love my Mx1000, G5, and G7. I have had no problems with aany of them.

I've been rocking an mx510 for along time.. like 2 years. It's been through 1 complete computer switch, and 3 motherboards, 2 processors, 2 video cards, like 3 different ram configurations, 3 cases... damn it's the only thing on my rig I keep the same. I hate using other mice b/c they just suck in comparison and don't have the buttons I love. I wouldn't even be thinking of snagging an mx518 if it weren't due to the badge wearing out, and the messed up feet (my fault, but i managed to fix it enough to work fine).

I'm sorry they don't make lefty stuff, I can't help that. Maybe you should TALK to Logitech. Their support forum is probably going to suck. If you actually talk to them, they're replace whatever you have the slightest scratch or defect on. I haven't done that, as I don't favor exploiting companies that I like. However, many people can back me up on the fact that if you ask for a replacement... you'll get that and great service.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
I know alot of left handed people that prefer to mouse with right hand, but to each his own.

Yep, I'm left handed. I ONLY use the mouse right handed, and I only play the guitar right handed... weird eh?

I'm picking up a mx518 soon as i get some spare cash, maybe I'll play better than I currently am with this $5 6 year old MS mouse.

i love my MX510. my GF likes her logi wireless KB/mouse combo too.

never had any problems with logi mice..

i have an MX510 at work, and it is great for the most part.....a TON better than the cheap-ass Dell-rebadged Logitech ecomony mouse that came with the computer. about the only complaint that i have with it is that sometimes the button assignments sometimes stop working, requiring that i change it, then change it back again to get it to start working again.....that, and the wheel sometimes scrolls too easily....what i mean by this is that most mice that have little "notches" on the scroll wheel will not actually move anything in your browser until it "clicks" over to the next notch, but this Logitech (and the Dell mouse, for that matter) sometimes move the browser even before it "clicks" to the next notch, which i find highly irritating.....

but to be honest, if they were still made, i would probably still continue using the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, like the one i have at home. the 4.0 sucks hardcore, because of that stupid "tilt-wheel" crap, and there are no "notches" when scrolling the wheel, it just rolls smooth.....very bad if you depend on your mouse wheel for changing weapons in FPS'ers.....i'm gonna try to see if i can find any places online that still have any stock of the 3.0, and if so, i'm gonna snatch up a few of them, in case the one i have now ever breaks......

I love my Microsoft IntellliMoose Explorer 3.0, cause I'm too cheap to upgrade :(

I used to have the MX700, very nice mouse, precise, comfortable too. But I did have issues with it randomly skipping at times and also the drivers suit wasn't the best either.

Term-X said:
I love my Microsoft IntellliMoose Explorer 3.0, cause I'm too cheap to upgrade :(

Same. You are not alone. I gave my Razer Diamondback to my girl though. She just liked its prettiness. Chameleon FTW. :p

-J.

I bought a Logitech MX610 wireless mouse at BB about a month ago. It was a complete bust. The cursor jumped and jerked and stuck and drove me nuts. I finally rendered the Logitech mouse inoperable and bought a MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. It's not perfect, but the completely beats the MX610. I always liked the corded Logitech mice I used, so I was really disappointed by this wireless one. Oh well, little surprises keep things interesting.

CB

I've yet to have trouble with any Logitech mice. Got a Cordless Click Plus which I've been using for well over a year, and not a single problem.

GJSNeptune said:
I'm not real into Logitech subs though. They sound muddy to me, and it's either not enough bass, or way too much.

I second that. I bought a set Monsoon Planar 11s, and I think that it pwns any other 2.1 or 5.1 system in my entire dorm (one guy has a sweet 7.1 that kills me, but his speakers cost $2000 where mine were only $120 :p)

I think I need to get a new mouse....I have an old-skool Microsoft 400dpi optical, and i've done fine in any game with it so far....Logitechs just never felt right in my hand (or the wheel was way too stiff)

I've owned probably 20 logitech mice over the years, and I've loved them all. Probably my favorite all time mouse was the mouseman+ (think that's what that was called). I owned quake2 multiplayer. :)

Now I am using the Logitech G5, and I'm very impressed with it. 2000dpi laser is amazing, and it works on surfaces that other laser mice don't even read. logitech FTW!

I use a MX1000 now and love it, its nice and heavy but randomly jumps, so that makes the MX700 my favorite. I can't stand Microsoft Wireless products, the Logitech ones feel more solid.

The only distaste I have for Logitech meeces is that their "top-of-the-line" mice aren't ambidextrous in the least.

Don't you see? Can't you all see it? Righty is tryin' to keep the lefty man down!

~GnSx

I think it is your mouse.

I love my
MX700
MX900
MX1000
G7

No problems with any of them other than the MX900, I hate bluetooth's security. But when it works, it works...

...or you need to stop using mice.

Considering how many people who've replied with no issues and great love for their logitech mice, I think we're all better off if you stop using mice instead of logitech stopping production.

There are plenty of things that can interfere with a wireless mouse, even things that shouldn't be interfering with it. I've got a netgear router that has to stay away from the receiver for my g7 or they both end up hosed.

[H]Opterown said:
If it's something conflicting with the mouse, then why are you blaming it on the mouse? It could be something else.

Just a feeling, no proof. If I knew what the problem is I'd fix it. Better for my ego to blame a $40 mouse than a $100-whatever DFI SLI-DR board. ;) Though the DFI board is my second suspicion, I've never seen any mention of similar problems in any searches I've found.

GJSNeptune said:
So one bad mouse renders a company incompetent?

Yep. You could possibly be missing a bit of the tongue-in-cheek that's going on. ;)

Talonz said:
Seriously? The mouse drivers are not bloated at all.. Conflicts are a different thing.

Since you're lefthanded, try a MX310 like suggested.

Their download is something like 23Mb. I know, that's not only the drivers, but damn...

I'm thinking about one of the Razer series mice. If I have to go corded, I'll go corded. Cordless is handy since I'm lefthanded and my wife is righthanded (the [H] solution being two computers--I'm working on that! :D) Actually the Microsoft opticals (corded) have been very good to me; I have several around.

eastvillager said:
...or you need to stop using mice.

Considering how many people who've replied with no issues and great love for their logitech mice, I think we're all better off if you stop using mice instead of logitech stopping production.

There are plenty of things that can interfere with a wireless mouse, even things that shouldn't be interfering with it. I've got a netgear router that has to stay away from the receiver for my g7 or they both end up hosed.

Aside from the people who have reported problems you mean? :rolleyes: TONGUE-IN-CHEEK GODDAMMIT! Thirty lashes instead of disbanding the company, okay?

I'd really love to isolate the problem though.

- Theoretically there should never be any resource conflicts via the mobo.
- The receiver is connected via an extension and sits directly under the monitor (Dell LCD) -- moving that hasn't helped.
- There's one speaker about 1' away from it (one of the small Logitech Z-550s I think.)
- Using PS2 instead of USB is being tested now. (I'm not tweaking any USB responsiveness settings.)
- The mousepad is black cloth and I've never had a problem with optical mice on it.
- I notice problems most in games and Internet Explorer.
- The only hardware changes have been an additional HDD (the only SATA HDD on this PC), and a Netgear Hub (that's not playing nice with my system either. Yes, Netgear must die as well.) Either of those is a possibility. I suppose I could replace the Hub with the old 10Mbps Asante I was using.

i'm lefthanded and I use mouse with right hand. It just feels too weird in my left hand

VulturEMaN said:
Yea, and my Microsoft ones are 40mb....

Hey, I'm not trying to defend Microsoft... Or Lexmark, Apple, Adobe, etc. etc.

I also own a Logitech V500, a very nice cordless optical mouse that is small enough to take with you with a laptop. Also it features a touchpad scroll.

I'm another lefty who mouses with his right hand. Always have, it feels natural.

Add my vote to the "go Logitech!" side. :p MX 700, MX 1000, G7 (currently using), all kick ass. Never had any kind of problem with any of them (except for exploding batteries in the MX 700, but that's a story for another thread).

Also Logitech keyboards. Logitech Elite SE, mouse wheel FTW!

Logitech is a publicly traded for-profit company... they can do whatever the hell they want, even if that includes discrimination against lefties.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:

I still use a Logitech Click! I love it!

Back