Logitech MX Revolution problem

B2BigAl

2[H]4U
The stuttering with this mouse is about to drive me nuts. There seem to be quite a few people having this problem over on the logitech forums, but logitech support is a joke and nobody seems to have found a solution to the problem. I know quite a few people on here have this mouse, so I thought I'd see if anyone had run into this problem and knew how to fix it.

Move the USB receiver closer? I don't have the mouse but I know my MX700 starts acting funky if the receiver gets too far away or if it's blocked by something. Other that I'm not sure what it could be...

Yep, move the USB receiver closer, or move wireless equipment further away.

I have this from time to time.

In my case it is definitely not down to the distance of the mouse from the receiver (about 12", and it has line of sight, nothing between the mouse and the receiver, which should not matter, but I mentioned for completeness).

As best I can tell it is down to my mouse pad, is which one of those stretched-cloth over rubber/gel things, which has, over the years, been polished smooth.

Whenever my MX Revolutions act up, as they both do about once a month or so, I just rub the surface of my mouse mat vigourously with my fingers for a 20 seconds or so, and magically the mouse starts to work again.

When this first started happening, I diagnosed it is a camera/mousemat issue simply by sliding the mat out from under the mouse and having the problem instantly, reliably and completely vanish when the mouse was sitting directly on my desk.

Don't know if it is the same issue you are having, but that is what is going on with both of mine.

Mine was just replaced for a double clicking problem but when I did have a stuttering problem it was caused by the proximity of my other wireless gear.

My "fix" was installing an extension antenna and moving it away from the mouse's stuff.

BTW, that's a great price for that antenna.

Thanks for the replies. I can't move the USB receiver closer since it's just a fob that plugs into a usb port, but some people seem to have had luck with buying a usb extender and putting the receiver right next to the mouse. It's only about 4 feet from the receiver as it is, that's pretty lame that it has to be right next to the damn thing.

I had an issue with mine when I had the exhaust vent on my case pointed at the USB receiver. It caused it to heat up and my mouse would stutter. My case has an adjustable shroud so I simply redirected the exhaust out the other side and haven't had any issues since. You can also try putting the USB receiver on a USB hub and try different locations to see if you notice any improvement.

i have this mouse my solution was to buy a usb extension and move the reciever away from my wireless router. On another note the application specific key functions that logitech allows + this mouse makes for awesome possibilites with mouse hotkeys.

Back