• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech MX 518 w/ Hero sensor

I sent mine back.

It just didn't feel the same to me, and I don't mean the sensor.

It's also too damned light.
 
Original Version is still available too :)

View attachment 144201
Sure, if you want to pay 4x as much for a 16-year old mouse. I paid $40 for my MX510 back in 2003.
I agree. I don't remember the original being this light.
That's a shame to hear. I don't understand the obsession with ultra light mice these days. I added extra weight to my G502 because the included weights were not enough to make it hefty enough for me. I take it this one doesn't even include extra weight like Logitech's other gaming mice?

EDIT: Looked up the weight. It's apparently only 4 grams lighter than the original. Maybe the weight distribution is different?
 
Just got the MX518 today. I was quite surprised to find it's pretty much the exact same shell as the G400s that I already have :cool:
It just has a glossy top so it has a different tactile feel then the G400s. Which is sad because I remembered the old MX518 feeling different enough from the G400s that I missed the old dented model. ;)

It is obviously lighter than the G400s, but I haven't decided if I like that or not. I'll keep it around for nostalgia, but it wasn't quite the second coming I was hoping for...
 
Back
Top