Logitech G930 Wireless Headset - $70 @ Amazon

Damn, sort of really want but didn't want to spend quite this much on BF.

Fuck..

I dont know if i should get these or a set of steelseries v2 gaming headset. what do you guys think?

My wife bought me this last year for $139. It is a FANTASTIC wireless headset and I recommend it to anyone on the fence of buying it. You can't go wrong with it, especially at this price!

My wife bought me this last year for $139. It is a FANTASTIC wireless headset and I recommend it to anyone on the fence of buying it. You can't go wrong with it, especially at this price!

Im just worried about it being comfortable. i really need to try both of them to see which ones i really like.

well i was in the middle of doing the research between the steel; serious and these, and i decided to pull the trigger and bam, price is up.. oh well

Looks like Amazon sold out of them at $69.99 and the price is up because they are being sold by a third party company now

Looks like Amazon sold out of them at $69.99 and the price is up because they are being sold by a third party company now

;) Yep that is exactly what it is I'll bet. Now their showing at $120

dammit, I was at the in-law's having dinner and missed out on this. I would have been all over this deal.

price keeps going up and down.

I suggest that people keep an eye on this just because i do remember seeing it say that it wont be shipped out till the 24th of this month and that was when it was the 70 dollar price.

Slight chance when they get em back in stock it will drop down to a low price again.

HELL YES! caught them today, didn't think twice of it, add to cart / checkout / done!

Thanks for the heads up again Makeroflostsouls

They're nice. I own a pair. But ever since Logitech unified their drivers, the G930 has one fatal flaw: Every few minutes, it'll drop connection with the PC for a few seconds. Sometimes it'll happen back-to-back and you'll be without sound for a few minutes.

This is a deal-breaker for me because it makes using various voice chat impossible, and ruins games (Black Ops 2, for example. I'll be playing, and suddenly...silence. Sound is critical in a game like that).

Many, many people have this problem. Logitech tries to blame interference, and then suggests you RMA the unit (at your cost). People on their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th G930 still have the problem.

My honest opinion? Save your money.

I've ordered a replacement battery pack from Logitech, hoping that replacing the batteries will fix the problem. If it doesn't, I'll be buying a different gaming headset.

I didn't just jump to this conclusion. I've had these for just over a year. I've tried everything, and researched the issue to death. It's pervasive, it's pernicious, and it seems to be endemic to the G930 (and unfortunately, the G35 -- the wired version of the G930 -- has a lot of problems as well that also sprang up around the time Logitech unified their drivers. Sadly, going back to an older, pre-unified driver doesn't work. Probably did something to the firmware on the headset when the initial upgrade happened).

They're nice. I own a pair. But ever since Logitech unified their drivers, the G930 has one fatal flaw: Every few minutes, it'll drop connection with the PC for a few seconds. Sometimes it'll happen back-to-back and you'll be without sound for a few minutes.

This is a deal-breaker for me because it makes using various voice chat impossible, and ruins games (Black Ops 2, for example. I'll be playing, and suddenly...silence. Sound is critical in a game like that).

Many, many people have this problem. Logitech tries to blame interference, and then suggests you RMA the unit (at your cost). People on their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th G930 still have the problem.

My honest opinion? Save your money.

I've ordered a replacement battery pack from Logitech, hoping that replacing the batteries will fix the problem. If it doesn't, I'll be buying a different gaming headset.

I didn't just jump to this conclusion. I've had these for just over a year. I've tried everything, and researched the issue to death. It's pervasive, it's pernicious, and it seems to be endemic to the G930 (and unfortunately, the G35 -- the wired version of the G930 -- has a lot of problems as well that also sprang up around the time Logitech unified their drivers. Sadly, going back to an older, pre-unified driver doesn't work. Probably did something to the firmware on the headset when the initial upgrade happened).

i came across this as well. I went with the steel series v2

I really wanted something that is not limited Just to my pc. That was a huge factor for me as well.

made this post by mistake. Hm. We can't delete posts any more?

Last edited:
made this post by mistake. Hm. We can't delete posts any more?

lol i got an email with your original message.

I ended up ordering the steel series v2. with overnight shipping. Why overnight shipping you ask.. well within the past 20 minutes, i just broke my headset... My woman caused me to rage and the cable was wrapped around the arm on my computer chair, i rolled away from my desk and the 3.5 male plug broke off in the port on my computer....

All because she went in her history on her labtop last night and saw me eyeballing the g930's and she purchased them at 120 off amazon and then txted me not to buy a headset.

I had that cheapo headset for 3 years.... :(

desk%20flip.png

lol i got an email with your original message.

I ended up ordering the steel series v2. with overnight shipping. Why overnight shipping you ask.. well within the past 20 minutes, i just broke my headset... My woman caused me to rage and the cable was wrapped around the arm on my computer chair, i rolled away from my desk and the 3.5 male plug broke off in the port on my computer....

All because she went in her history on her labtop last night and saw me eyeballing the g930's and she purchased them at 120 off amazon and then txted me not to buy a headset.

I had that cheapo headset for 3 years.... :(

desk%20flip.png

Right. I was confused when you said you wanted something that works with something other than the PC. I thought you were talking about the G930 and said that it only works with the PC. Then I realized my mistake and wanted to delete the post, but can't.

In NYC this has given me issues. it works OK but cuts out a lot. Works great in Ohio though.

I think the jury is out. There is evidence of said problem, and also lots of positive user reviews elsewhere, including recently.

On Newegg.ca, in the last two weeks, 11 out of 13 user reviews were 4/5 or 5/5, for example.

There is also the review I posted on the first page, which was from October 19, 2012 at Benchmark Reviews. It was very positive with no mention of sound dropping. The headset was purchased, and not supplied by Logitech.

Clearly there are people having issues. But there are also people who seem to be having a perfectly good experience.

Ive owned a pair of these since last christmas... work like a charm. I ordered another set.

Back