Logitech G930 Wireless Headset - $70 @ Amazon

I bought this 4 days ago for 99 from amazon. Just talked to a Rep and got credited 30 back to my card for the difference. Thanks for posting would have missed it otherwise. I haven't had any issues with it cutting out so far during voice chat or otherwise.

Got in on this the second time. I had $120 in amazon rewards points and thought nothing was going to pop up.

Thanks OP.

I bought this 4 days ago for 99 from amazon. Just talked to a Rep and got credited 30 back to my card for the difference. Thanks for posting would have missed it otherwise. I haven't had any issues with it cutting out so far during voice chat or otherwise.

What do you think of the quality of the sound?

I got mine. Works beautifully. Of course, I'm coming from a $15 corded radio shack special, so I wasn't coming from much. Easy to set up and love the wireless.

freaking love it. wireless is awesome. sound quality is very good. keeping fingers crossed I don't run into any of the issues people have mentioned.

I just got mine, used it for a while last night. No issues at all with Planetside 2 or Guild Wars 2. I'm running Windows 8. Happy so far.

Missed the $70 deal. :(

Not that I need to spend more money on headphones, but...

Do you have to install a driver for them to work? Or will it install the universal usb driver like most wireless head sets? I'm using it on a work comptuer with no admin rights so I can't install software. Thanks..

mine is delivered today. i will post my experience after unwrapping and setting it up.

glad to hear the positive results so far!

I just went to their site to download their windows 8 drivers.

Widnows 8 Drivers

Installed those and plugged it in. Recognized the headset right away. I'm really impressed with the sound considering it's USB and all.

Just be sure to choose 32/64bit based on your needs.

I got mine yesterday, and played around with it some last night and this morning.

I was always happy with my old Microsoft USB headset and thought it had pretty good sound. Key word there is thought. The G930 puts it to shame. Everything sounds so crisp and clear, and the lows sound nice and deep. I did find if you crank the bass up too high it gets pretty rough sounding, but a headset isn't going to be able to shake you like a 12" sub does. The bass level is impressive for a headset imo. The surround works pretty well, I've not had a chance to test it extensively but from a few games i've played it seems to work like it should.

The funny part of it is I still find my self moving as if I'm attached to a wired headset. It will take a few days to break that habit. I always kept my other headset wires tied up so they wouldn't droop to the floor, and that limited my movement range. I've caught myself a few times since last night leaning my head as to no put pressure on the wires....even though there are none.....

They're nice. I own a pair. But ever since Logitech unified their drivers, the G930 has one fatal flaw: Every few minutes, it'll drop connection with the PC for a few seconds. Sometimes it'll happen back-to-back and you'll be without sound for a few minutes.

This is a deal-breaker for me because it makes using various voice chat impossible, and ruins games (Black Ops 2, for example. I'll be playing, and suddenly...silence. Sound is critical in a game like that).

Many, many people have this problem. Logitech tries to blame interference, and then suggests you RMA the unit (at your cost). People on their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th G930 still have the problem.

My honest opinion? Save your money.

I've ordered a replacement battery pack from Logitech, hoping that replacing the batteries will fix the problem. If it doesn't, I'll be buying a different gaming headset.

I didn't just jump to this conclusion. I've had these for just over a year. I've tried everything, and researched the issue to death. It's pervasive, it's pernicious, and it seems to be endemic to the G930 (and unfortunately, the G35 -- the wired version of the G930 -- has a lot of problems as well that also sprang up around the time Logitech unified their drivers. Sadly, going back to an older, pre-unified driver doesn't work. Probably did something to the firmware on the headset when the initial upgrade happened).

I've had this headset for several months now and have had no such issue. This is a steal at $70.

I am so far impressed with the sound quality. At first I didn't think it was quite on par with my 5.1 pioneer system, but it grew on me. I play mainly dayz right now and it was a new experience again with a more personal audio presence. People on team speak didn't recognize me switching from my really old table top mic and losing the booming speakers. I will listen to recordings later to see for myself.

So far the surround doesn't have me sold. Its just like that cmss setting on my old headset that just turned it to grab age and took the positions away. This is slightly better but still sounds weird.

With surround turned off the sounds seem positioned more accurately.

I had no issues with dropping connection. I even took it up stairs and out the back door and upper to the garage and never lost a bit of sound quality or responsiveness . Very huge bonus!!!!

yeah these are great. i have owned a pair for about a year now. depending on the layout and build of your place you can get some great distances. mine covers my entire house even the basement (computer is on second floor) with no issues at all.

I just got mine yesterday.

Really happy so far. Very comfortable. They have a good seal over the ears for noise cancellation. Good reception and sound quality.

Great buy for $70 (free since I used rewards points =D)

Back