Logitech G910 Mechanical Keyboard

I just got one tonight, and I really like it.

I would say it feels like a membrane keyboard and a brown cherry had hot sex and had a baby.

The ridges on the keys ARE different and take some getting used to. I have fat fingers and find my self double punching keys when trying to type lots of words, but otherwise for gaming - I really like it as you can feel when you finger over to another key much better than with a flat keyboard.

As was said the LED lighting is the absolte BEST of all of them as there is virtually 0 bleed.

The software works great, and I like how I can setup my KB and my G602 mouse via the logitech software.

Some people are complaining about it not being a metal tray, but the damn thing weighs like it is lol. It is VERY sturdy for all plastic and feels like it is metal almost.

I dig it for sure, and once I quit double hitting keys (I am a self tought 4 finger typer lol - so all my fault) I will really be in love.

Love it and love the key tops as well! Haha.. great for gsming as they hold your finger to the keys so they don't slip. So I think there a plus.

I ended up putting the feet up under the plank and keeping the short wrist rest where my wrists don't have much contact. yeah this thing is great best keyboard I ever owned and I owned about 18 of them since 1997.

Was going to by this keyboard till I saw Linus tech tips review on it.

His review is stupid. Most of his whiney voiced rants are. This is the best keyboard out there and the keys feel great. It's also the fastest keyboard I've ever used. Hard to explain but it really is. The key caps feel great and keep your fingers in place. Took my a minute to get used too and it was a non-issue.

Does anyone know if the ARX feature is supported by any of the OC utilities like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X? I have a G15 second gen (orange) with the little LCD and it's really handy to be able to check if my GPUs are running correctly while in game.

Does anyone know if the ARX feature is supported by any of the OC utilities like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X? I have a G15 second gen (orange) with the little LCD and it's really handy to be able to check if my GPUs are running correctly while in game.

Logitech doesn't advertise this but...

ARX works with my G19 keyboard (lol can run the keyboard LCD + my phone), so I believe it should also work with your G15, you can try it for yourself. :)

Warning : ARX is VERY basic, I don't find it useful right now at all, but at least it stopped constantly crashing on my phone. As far as I know, no external applications really works with ARX. (yet?)

Logitech doesn't advertise this but...

ARX works with my G19 keyboard (lol can run the keyboard LCD + my phone), so I believe it should also work with your G15, you can try it for yourself. :)

Warning : ARX is VERY basic, I don't find it useful right now at all, but at least it stopped constantly crashing on my phone. As far as I know, no external applications really works with ARX. (yet?)

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. You mean that you have the G19 plugged into your PC in addition to the G910? Or do you mean that you don't have the G910 but are just running ARX with your G19? If so, my G15 is close to 8 years old, so I'm kind of looking to replace it in any event, and I'm drawn to the color lighting and mech switches of the G910.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. You mean that you have the G19 plugged into your PC in addition to the G910? Or do you mean that you don't have the G910 but are just running ARX with your G19? If so, my G15 is close to 8 years old, so I'm kind of looking to replace it in any event, and I'm drawn to the color lighting and mech switches of the G910.

Just saying the AVX app works with the G19.

No programs works with AVX as far as I've tried. What you see in the App Store for AVX is what you get, that's it. And it still crashes and/or disconnects often, at least the Android version.

The wife got me a 910 for my bday last week. I should note that this is my first mechanical KB (other than the old IBM I learned to touch type on 20 years ago), but this thing is phenomenal. Many folks said the key sound is more like a membrane KB than mechanical, and I don't think I agree with that. Each bottoming does sound a lot more like a mech, but it's significantly muted. It doesn't at all give me the mushy (damped) feel I got the impression others were seeing. I've tried the major Cherry switches on KBs in Microcenter and Best Buy, and thought they would annoy me in the long run. These switches don't at all give me that impression. They do *seem* to require a bit more actuation force than my old G15 (2nd gen), but I quickly adjusted to this. I spend a decent amount of time MMO gaming (FFXIV) and the feeling I get when I press a key now is so confidence inspiring in heavy action. It's almost like a veil has been pulled away that muddied all my inputs for so long. Very refreshing.

I also find the key shapes to be quite nice. Again I expected to find them annoying initially, as many said they take a couple weeks to get used to, but I find they just cup the fingertip slightly and give a nice feel. It's not as angular and asymmetric as I was expecting. It works well IMO, even for general typing use. I clocked myself at 358 CPM on the 910 and 378 on my old G15, so I guess I need to get used to it just a little bit.

The lighting features of the keyboard are pretty awesome. I use the zone format, with different (solid) colors for each area, and I added the rest of the keys in a dimmer color so I could at least see them too in the dark. I don't mess with the fancy strobing or anything, but setting it all up was very easy.

Once I updated the LGS application to the latest version as well as the keyboard FW, getting the ARX feature was a snap with an old Nexus 7 (2013) I had lying around. The functionality is pretty good, and at least gives GPU information like usage, temp, fan speed, and memory usage, but it's not as goods as the old mini display was. At least on that I could use the data display from MSI afterburner for overclocking my GPUs. Not so with the ARX app.

Overall, I absolutely love this keyboard. It's heavy as hell, and we all know that heavy is reliable :p If I have a gripe other than the loss of the mini LCD display, I suppose it would be that they switched from the 6 G keys alone the left side in groups of two in favor of a contiguous group of 5 keys with 4 up top. The four on the top are virtually useless since I can't grab for them without looking, and having the 5 on the left in a contiguous arrangement has forced me to grab the wrong key several times already. Separating them into 3 groups of 2 keys was the best thing they did, so I'm not sure why they didn't do that here. The only other thing is that the volume - at least how I have it installed - doesn't seem to affect any volume I'm aware of. It's not the system volume, in any event. Nor is it the volume in the program I'm using at the time (MPC, Spotify, etc). So all I can really do with it is attenuate volume, not turn it up if the system volume is below maximum.

I highly recommend it for anyone considering it.

I'm using my Ducky Shine fire 69 instead of the G910, even though the G910 looks the best out of any as far as colors are concerned (by far, better than razer, corsair, and any other current RGB), the keycaps are beyond atrocious. I mean they're nice for FPS gaming and all, but if you aren't touch typing (e.g. playing a moba or RTS), you can EASILY get accidental keypresses because the keys are fatter (horizontally) than Cherry type keys, even though the actual keyboard key "area" is the same, so the area between each key is noticeably smaller than cherry MX boards... that means that it's easier to accidentally press an adjacent key for typos and wrong skills/abilities, etc. Also the non default backlighting colors require the software to be running in order to either set or keep them. If you exit Lcore, it reverts to light blue. (you can end task on lcore.exe to avoid a color reset).

Last edited:
Yeah I change the colors every few days right now I have Water Mellon Pink type of color....
Not sure of the shape of the keys make me a faster more accurate gamer but I really don't care it's sometimes less about the gear and more about the user and what is going on inside the person's head when playing FPS games or RPG.

The one thing that Logitech needs to do is to ensure that the ARX displays etc.. can also display legacy GamePanel using programs. THis is the biggest thing that is preventing the transition from being as smooth as it should be. ARX itself is a great idea - I like the idea of using my smartphone's display and touchscreen input as a tertiary screen for PC data (ie rendering OC info/core temps etc..)... and I totally get that Logi couldn't go about building LCDs into their keyboards forever in the days of multitouch high res smartphones. They've even done the smart thing and made ARX and all the new G-series stuff open source with a SDK, just like the old stuff that gave them such a commanding lead.

However, ARX app displays not supporting the last literal decade of programs that offer support for Logi G series gamepanel displays (ie G15 support and onward etc..) is asinine. Everything from World of Warcraft, to Mumble has offered G15 style display support. If there's anything to take to Logitech about these new products, is to get feedback that they need to build in legacy GamePanel display support into ARX.

I have finally decided to buy the G910 after a long deliberation. I used to have a Cherry MX 3800 with brown switches, and finally decided to get it when the store was offering 12% discount (about US$170).

My choices for the KB was down to Corsair K70 Vengeance, Razer Blackwidow Chroma and G910, they had similar MSRP.

I struck off K70 first. The shop that sold these only had Red MX keys, and I had absolutely no idea what I was paying for besides aesthetics. The Red switches felt very similar to brown switches to me. I came to the conclusion that if I were buying a KB with MX keys, there are many other choices out there. I did find that K70 had stellar reviews, but again, I don't know why, maybe it was easy to clean and had looked great? At the end of the day, it was mostly aesthetics and no new technology.

I had a toss up between Blackwidow and G910. Blackwidow felt like it was a blue switch, whereas G910 felt closer to brown. In the end, I decided to go for G910, mostly because I trust Logitech more than I trust Razer, and I have never used anything Razer before.

One of the main 'encouragements' for my choice of G910 was that LGS now supports per game color profiles on the G910, which had basically eliminated one of the few negatives about that KB in reviews (if anyone didn't know, it happened only a month ago), and thus far worked without issues.

I only had a brief time with the keyboard so far, but here is my little review on it:

1. The Romer-G keys did feel somewhat similar to the Brown MX keys I was using, but it wasn't until after I started using the keyboard that I felt the difference: The key 'stop' felt softer on the Romer-G than Brown MX. With the Brown MX, the keys felt like they hit something hard before coming to a stop, where as Romer-G felt a lot softer, even a little membrane-like (though it is still harder than a membrane). Some see that as a bad thing, but personally I thought it was a good thing, a mix of membrane keyboard softness with robustness of a mechanical. I didn't have a problem with the way Brown switches stop, but the soft stop in the Romer-G was a nice change.

2. The lighting worked without issue, the only thing I might have is how the "G" logo in the top left hand corner and the G910 logo on the bottom left were out of sync with rest of the keyboard in the rainbow color scheme (they vary the color at a much slower rate than the keys). The fact you can even change the color of the G910 logo I thought was pretty nifty.

3. The per game color profile works as I wanted it to work. Originally there was a hiccup with Diablo 3, but was solved with a single alt-tab and so far it has not came back since. I just wished LGS had better gaming detection, but at least it can be fixed with a little effort. You can even make your own profiles.

4. Arx Control, a little gimmicky, but somewhat useful in the right circumstances. I just wished they would make a horizontal mode, or one that works. Vertical mode introduces my screen, and even more so when the phone is hooked up to a power cable, as most phones have USB sockets on the bottom of the phone. This pretty much renders the dock completely useless. I would have prefered if the guys at Logitech actually supplied Velcro strips, so I can at least stick my phone to the side of the case.

5. The key caps' concave shape does feel a little weird, but I feel I can get used to it. The 'sharp' sides of each key didn't feel particularly sharp, even when I pressed it under force, so I think I will get used to it.

All in all, given the discount I had with the keyboard, I am very impressed with this one.

I do have a question: how easy are the keycaps to remove for cleaning purposes? I have access to both Air in a can and a rather powerful air compressor (one that is often used to pump bicycle tires).

They're as easy to remove as cherry switches. Just use a wire cherry MX keycap puller.
They come off just as easily, and in some cases, easier than cherry MX switches, because certain cherry switches have notches on the edge of the stem which make some switches very hard to remove (people have even pulled out the entire stem)--Cherry MX Clears (tactile greys), I'm looking at you.

@Falk: Thanks, I will look into it

@Comix: I am not bothered by the lighting, I am just slightly bothered by the way it's out of sync with rest of the keyboard :p </firstworldproblems>

Has there been any word if Logitech is going to use the Romer-G switches in other(less expensive) keyboards? I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard and really liked the feel/sound of the G910 when I tried it, but almost $200 is a bit much when I really don't need or want all the features.

My G15 finally died on me a couple weeks back and I'm looking for a replacement. I bought the original for backlit keys and never really used the Macro buttons but enjoyed the features of the board for a lot of gaming.

I just demo'd one of these at Best Buy, very nice feel. Was hoping I would see it on Amazon as I just received coupon from doing an Intel survey... I'll keep a price watch.

Slickdeals is talking about some Monoprice boards on sale but a few have posted the LEDs went out after first year... would rather buy something that lasts, even if more. Thanks for all the notes, I have some reading to do here but looks like a good successor to the trusty G15.

Has there been any word if Logitech is going to use the Romer-G switches in other(less expensive) keyboards? I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard and really liked the feel/sound of the G910 when I tried it, but almost $200 is a bit much when I really don't need or want all the features.

That's the one problem G910 has against the similarly proprietary BlackWidow switches. Razer released several versions of that keyboard (Chroma, ultimate etc) with the same kind of switches, at all sorts of price ranges.

Needless to say, Amazon's user reviews on BlackWidows (across all models) outnumber G910's by at least 6 to 1, if it is any indication of the relative popularity of the KB's.

I personally spent big bucks as I am a bit of a longtime Logitech user, and I wanted to try a fancy keyboard, but compared to the G502 vs DeathAdder, G910 vs BlackWidow was a much closer call for me.

A $120 G910 model without LED's would go a long way IMHO.

My G15 finally died on me a couple weeks back and I'm looking for a replacement. I bought the original for backlit keys and never really used the Macro buttons but enjoyed the features of the board for a lot of gaming.

I just demo'd one of these at Best Buy, very nice feel. Was hoping I would see it on Amazon as I just received coupon from doing an Intel survey... I'll keep a price watch.

Slickdeals is talking about some Monoprice boards on sale but a few have posted the LEDs went out after first year... would rather buy something that lasts, even if more. Thanks for all the notes, I have some reading to do here but looks like a good successor to the trusty G15.

The keyboard is a exclusive to bestbuy so I do t think you'll see it on amazon.

That's the one problem G910 has against the similarly proprietary BlackWidow switches. Razer released several versions of that keyboard (Chroma, ultimate etc) with the same kind of switches, at all sorts of price ranges.

Needless to say, Amazon's user reviews on BlackWidows (across all models) outnumber G910's by at least 6 to 1, if it is any indication of the relative popularity of the KB's.

I personally spent big bucks as I am a bit of a longtime Logitech user, and I wanted to try a fancy keyboard, but compared to the G502 vs DeathAdder, G910 vs BlackWidow was a much closer call for me.

A $120 G910 model without LED's would go a long way IMHO.

Yeah, hopefully they'll eventually trickle down to less expensive models. A G810 with those switches, a more standard keycap style and minus the macro keys, smartphone dock and RGB backlighting at $120 would be my ideal keyboard.

For now I ended up settling for Corsair K70 with MX Reds and O-rings, but still would prefer the Logitech's switches.

Got this keyboard a few days ago and I am very picky about keyboards

I use a kenesis ergo pro at work

https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advantage-pro-for-pc-mac/

I've used a microsoft natural ergonomic for 4000 for over a decade (gone with multiple of them)

Have had a slew of other mechanical keyboards that always kept me wanting

Thought I'd wing it and go with something new - with the 910 with the new switches

Took me a good week or so to get used to it and it is now by far my favorite keyboard of all time

The keys once you get used them are seriously incredible that gets up in typing speed to my kinesis (can't use the kinesis for gaming due to function keys and spacebar placement)

Colors are awesome - software works great but I haven't used the phone app yet - just the logitech software

Volume control roller is one of the best I have used and it has worked flawlessly and instantaneous

Love this damn thing - complete stupid idiot move for them to just release it to bestbuy

tl:dr keycaps are awesome once you get used to them - doesn't seem to matter going back and forth from other keyboards now. colors great. switches are fantastic and less noisy. volume roller is tits

Just bought this for $140.
Well, it feels totally different from my good old G15.
Seems that I will need time to adapt.

I just purchased one new in box from a forum member. I used the G15 forever until it died, and used the G510S for about a year, and now this G910.

I'm loving it so far.

Just got this and so far I am really liking it. The key actuation feels solid and the app so far has been really easy to use.

I bought one a few months ago. It's my first mechanical keyboard and I must say:

3088xhi.jpg

Back