Logitech G910 Mechanical Keyboard

HEre are my thoughts so far. I like it alot. Once the ARX gets more developers on board i think it will be epic. The keys are different in many ways. The feel of the top of the keycaps are diferent. There is a slight adjustment period to get used to it but i have fat fingers. The feel of the keys is very nice. It makes my G15 feel like i was typing in mud. It feels very solid. They have a nice sound as well. It sounds and feels like a mechanical but its not as obnoxious as my IBM modem M. The lighting features are nice. You can make the keyboard lighting do a wave of color as well as a few other neat stuff. You can fully customize the lighting 100%. The lighting is also very bright compared to my G15 but its very old. I stuck with the small palm rest to keep my desk area spacious since the G15 was a desk monger. I like the way it looks on the desk. My girlfriend has welcomed the change to. ARX works great. Have it loaded on my phone and tablet. It wont let me configure my G9x mouse with ARX but its what i would call one of their last generation mouses so oh well. Overall im happy with the purchase. I was needing to replace my G15 and this was the closes they could come to the V1 that i had which i had been waiting for. Its exactly what i had been waiting for. Here is the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'm really tempted to get one of these to replace my very old Logitech G15 (original version!) however I mostly use Linux.

Is it possible to control the colours from the android app? Maybe I'll wait until some enterprising developer writes a linux version of the software.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't save the lighting settings to onboard memory. Also when you EXIT LGS....it just resets back to green. (not sure if this is intended or a bug or not, as the G710+ apparently does the same thinig.

But not being able to have the colors saved so that if you unplug the keyboard and plug it into a system without LGS running (like a laptop) and having it reset back to green, is a bit of a bummer.

Stupid question. Can you use ARX without the keyboard?
I don't believe so. I'll check later.
I'm really tempted to get one of these to replace my very old Logitech G15 (original version!) however I mostly use Linux.

Is it possible to control the colours from the android app? Maybe I'll wait until some enterprising developer writes a linux version of the software.
I want to say yes but I can't remember for sure. I'll let you know later when I get back home.
The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't save the lighting settings to onboard memory. Also when you EXIT LGS....it just resets back to green. (not sure if this is intended or a bug or not, as the G710+ apparently does the same thinig.

But not being able to have the colors saved so that if you unplug the keyboard and plug it into a system without LGS running (like a laptop) and having it reset back to green, is a bit of a bummer.

I have a problem with my g9x. When I save to on board memory and plug the mouse into another computer I have to reset all of my settings to use the LGS software for the mouse. Happens on formats to.

Just got mine. Keys are a little different than I expected but not bad. Coloring is good, I only have one complaint. There is no brightness control except coloring each key as a darker color.

Yes you can turn them off with one key but most other keyboards have a brightness level the steps up and down.

Just got mine. Keys are a little different than I expected but not bad. Coloring is good, I only have one complaint. There is no brightness control except coloring each key as a darker color.

Yes you can turn them off with one key but most other keyboards have a brightness level the steps up and down.

You are right on that. That would be nice I wonder if that can be added in a driver release.

Side not I love this keyboard so much kinda reminds me of the the love I had for my razer tarantula back in the day. I think I can go to peripheral rehab now content :)

Ok I am also not a fan of the wrist rest. I wish they would have not made it built in so that I could just get a normal wrist rest. As a note on my comment about the keys, after typing on them for a little while I do really like the feel of them. Still making a lot of errors though as the trigger point for each key is very easy to reach.

Took the chance and picked up a G910 at the local Best Buy, originally had a G15 ver 1 but it finally died after 8.5 years. Replaced it with a Corsair K95 back in March and last week I was up 37 dead led's on it so I said screw it and went an got a G910.

Still getting used the G910 but so far it does have a really good feel when typing on it. Plus it just feels solidly built.

When's Amazon gonna carry this thing??

Idk, but on best buy's website it brags about exclusivity so probably not too soon.

Also I tried it in the store and it feels almost exactly like cherry mx reds with o-rings.

Has anyone taken off a key to see if it has a removable o-ring?

Just an FYI, you can get $10 off this keyboard if you enter their sweepstakes. You get a $10 off code to use in their online store.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a replacement for my aging G15 v2 and I'd like to try out mechanical switches. It sounds like these are not as loud as some, is that true? I can't stand a clacky keyboard.

A couple other questions, for those of you that own this:

1. How long is the cord? I noticed a couple reviewers saying it's not that long.
2. Does it require two USB ports to power it, or just one?
3. I'm concerned about the odd shape to the tops of the keycaps. I don't think I'd mind it if the relief is subtle, but my biggest concern is that it makes the edges of the keys sharp. Does it? Any kind of comparison from someone who has used a G15 would be great.
4. Are the keys "soft touch" plastic?
5. With regard to the ARX functionality: I don't think I could live without a display like the one on my G15. I'm constantly checking using it as a readout for EVGA Precision X to make sure all is well with my GPU setup. Does the ARX function exactly the same way as the previous G15/G19 displays? Or does it simply give me an interface with the Logitech software?
6. Does the ARX dock interface the phone at all? Or is it just a location to put the phone?

I'm looking for a replacement for my aging G15 v2 and I'd like to try out mechanical switches. It sounds like these are not as loud as some, is that true? I can't stand a clacky keyboard.

It is a very quiet keyboard, pretty much the same as membrane.

A couple other questions, for those of you that own this:

1. How long is the cord? I noticed a couple reviewers saying it's not that long. Long enough
2. Does it require two USB ports to power it, or just one? No only 1 usb is needed
3. I'm concerned about the odd shape to the tops of the keycaps. I don't think I'd mind it if the relief is subtle, but my biggest concern is that it makes the edges of the keys sharp. Does it? No the keys are not sharp at all and are very soft to the touch. It will take about a week to get use to them. Once you do you will notice less mistypes with these keys. Any kind of comparison from someone who has used a G15 would be great.
4. Are the keys "soft touch" plastic? Very soft and warm
5. With regard to the ARX functionality: I don't think I could live without a display like the one on my G15. I'm constantly checking using it as a readout for EVGA Precision X to make sure all is well with my GPU setup. Does the ARX function exactly the same way as the previous G15/G19 displays? Or does it simply give me an interface with the Logitech software?Im using my Nexus 7 to show the arx stuff. It tells me CPU usage GPU temp and usage plus fan speed. Ram usage. Has media control and other stuff controls.
6. Does the ARX dock interface the phone at all? Or is it just a location to put the phone?Plain and simple just a phone holder. No charging or anything.

Ok Hope I answered your questions.

If you go there on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Logitech.US/app_1556746174559673 and play their app, you can win something(probably not) but you get a 15% off coupon anyway.

Used that to purchase a g910 and got about 27$ off & got free shipping. Should be here tomorrow, can't wait to try it. I have been a long time G15 user myself (the orange backlighted one)

Last edited:
Gotta try one - watched the review and would need to get my hands on one to verify his negatives.

The the run of the mill BBs stocking and displaying these things?

Was going to by this keyboard till I saw Linus tech tips review on it.

His complaint about the key caps could easily be just because he isn't used to them and never took the time to try. Tom's Hardware article on the keyboard reports that they expect it takes 2 weeks to adapt.

Yeah I wanted one of these things too til I tried one at Best Buy over the weekend. I HATE the key caps. They feel weird and just wrong. I see what they were trying to do but no thanks. I'll stick with my G710+.

They do feel weird but after a couple weeks of use it becomes normal and you get used to it.

Spent the major part of last night gaming with it, it does not feel awkward for a second (beside the way it clicks compared to regular keyboard). The ARX app allow you to controls any setting on your mouse if it's a logitech as well, and my nexus 5 with the official rubber bumper fit's in the slot. My coworker has a K95, and compared to his, the G910 does not bleed any backlight from between the keys, which was a big turn off for me. The keycaps illumination is also much much better and totally uniform. The only non mechanical keys on the keyboard are the media controls and the M1, M2, M3, MR keys

I can only hope that there will be an improvement to ARX to provide an "emulator" of sorts for GamePanel apps.. have they by chance developed one of these yet? Honestly, I'm rather stunned they didn't have it ready at launch. There is literally a decade worth of compatible apps for the G-series GamePanel displays and it seems really silly for them to launch a new API/SDK and not have it be backward compatible to take advantage of built-in support for GamePanel apps.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the G910 Orion Spark or one of the Corsair RGB K95s. I want to support Logi's software and open source way of doing things, along with what seems to be excellent functionality. The Corsair RGB line is more aesthetically pleasing to me and uses CherryMX switches, which is nice because I can add any CherryMX after-market keycaps I wish. The G910 however seems to have proprietary shaped keycaps and I'm guessing the Omron switches won't accept keycaps made for CherryMX types? Likewise, the inability to remove the palm rest on the G910, combined with its size, seems annoying - the Corsair has a better setup in this regard. I hope some of the issues, including software and firmware for the Corsair offerings have improved, but its a pity that at least so far, there isn't a cross-platform SDK or utility for Corsair the way there is for Logitech; as a Linux user, I'd like to be able to configure my macro keys and color patterns/animations even when I'm no on Windows.

Seems there are pluses and minuses for each. If Logi could come out with something that has a black aluminum deck/chassis w/ a more refined aesthetic, and accepts standard keycaps for CherryMX style RGB switches, I'd be happy.

I tried the G910+ at BB and I didn't like it. The keys felt slightly sticky and lack the crispness of MX key actions. It's really a shame because it offers features that other keyboards don't.

I tried the G910+ at BB and I didn't like it. The keys felt slightly sticky and lack the crispness of MX key actions. It's really a shame because it offers features that other keyboards don't.

That is how I felt too. If they removed the dampeners I would buy it. I wonder if it is possible to manually remove them somehow. It feels almost exactly like mx-reds with o-rings.

I can only hope that there will be an improvement to ARX to provide an "emulator" of sorts for GamePanel apps.. have they by chance developed one of these yet? Honestly, I'm rather stunned they didn't have it ready at launch. There is literally a decade worth of compatible apps for the G-series GamePanel displays and it seems really silly for them to launch a new API/SDK and not have it be backward compatible to take advantage of built-in support for GamePanel apps.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the G910 Orion Spark or one of the Corsair RGB K95s. I want to support Logi's software and open source way of doing things, along with what seems to be excellent functionality. The Corsair RGB line is more aesthetically pleasing to me and uses CherryMX switches, which is nice because I can add any CherryMX after-market keycaps I wish. The G910 however seems to have proprietary shaped keycaps and I'm guessing the Omron switches won't accept keycaps made for CherryMX types? Likewise, the inability to remove the palm rest on the G910, combined with its size, seems annoying - the Corsair has a better setup in this regard. I hope some of the issues, including software and firmware for the Corsair offerings have improved, but its a pity that at least so far, there isn't a cross-platform SDK or utility for Corsair the way there is for Logitech; as a Linux user, I'd like to be able to configure my macro keys and color patterns/animations even when I'm no on Windows.

Seems there are pluses and minuses for each. If Logi could come out with something that has a black aluminum deck/chassis w/ a more refined aesthetic, and accepts standard keycaps for CherryMX style RGB switches, I'd be happy.

I pulled out a few keycaps on the G910+ and the structure is completely different than a MX keycap.

I really think this keyboard was built for gamers who are often on vent or something like that. I know several times my friends would complain about hearing my other mech keyboards. This one is a lot quieter and they dont complain as much. Unless Im going ham on the keyboard. Before all my movements would irritate them.

I really think this keyboard was built for gamers who are often on vent or something like that. I know several times my friends would complain about hearing my other mech keyboards. This one is a lot quieter and they dont complain as much. Unless Im going ham on the keyboard. Before all my movements would irritate them.

That is what push to talk is for.

That is what push to talk is for.

Yeah I wish they would use that but they WILL NOT get off skype. Its their holy grail if you even mention using something else it will start a war. So since Im one person I just comply with them.

Yeah I wish they would use that but they WILL NOT get off skype. Its their holy grail if you even mention using something else it will start a war. So since Im one person I just comply with them.

You can use push to talk on Skype too. You just set the "push to talk" button to "hold to mute" or whatever they call it. Then you mute skype and hold down the button to unmute just like push to talk.

I really wanted to like this keyboard, but I returned it within an hour....including drive time from and back to the store (Best Buy)

the lighting customization is hugely lacking, with nothing but "possibly in a future update" responses from Logitech....I'm not spending $200 to sit/wait/hope that features get added

keycaps I didn't mind. for people that type by hover and stroke rather than by letter, I found them better because they give a nice landing pad effect to your finger

switch is decent - not my cup of tea, but I can see why others would like it. ultimately feels like an ultra sensitive membrane - VERY VERY high actuation point

and the lighting I didn't find very vibrant at all (at least not on the brighter colors)

I think I'm going to pick one of these up at Best Buy....

I could drive 30 miles but decided to just order one should be here by Wednesday I like odd stuff which is why I like the look of this keyboard....

I have a K70 which might be better but I had some problems with my K-70 like dirt getting into the volume control knob and freaking out on me =o

Last edited:
This is one nice keyboard I got all purple keys lite up the indentations are awesome it has a funky feeling to them. The keys have a real nice crisp feel to them. Boxing my Corsair K70 up. Played some Battlefield 3 TDM had no problems. It's only slightly longer then my K70. I used the bigger Wrist rest of the two. I can see how someone wouldn't like it but if you raise your chair a bit and are above the table slightly it's great.

Linus is a spoiled Rich Kid who has no taste that he didn't like this keyboard he must of not taken any keyboard lessons in school.

I did have problem with a older Logitech keyboard a MW3 edition which was total shit due to how the keys were placed on the board but this G910 is prefect.

I picked one of these up this past weekend. This is my first mechanical keyboard (I know they're not true 'reds') but I was able to compare it to the Razer Black Widow Mechanical Chroma and the Corsair K65 RGB Mechanical. Of the three different keyboards this was the quietest. This is replacing my old Logitech G15 w/grey led display. So far I'm loving how quiet this thing is. They top of the keys may seem a bit different but they really don't bother me at all. I love the lighting on this thing - I haven't done much outside of the presets.

Back