Logitech G7 & G5 Gaming Mice.....D*&^%N!!!

are you asking a question?

oh, btw i wouldnt mind having the g7

TekSomniaK said:
The Razer Copperhead looks cooler. I'll get that.
Not really, the G7 is wireless, I hope this is the first wireless gaming mouse!

Spiffy, the G5 has replacable weights. Has any other company done this before?

are you asking a question?

Do you see a question mark? Just exclaiming my excitement over Logitech's new gaming devices. I was hoping they'd make a gaming keyboard and they are.

what would honestly justify the 100$ dollar price tag on these things? sure high performance right? you could buy yourself a damn mobo for a little more than 100 bucks! but hey if youve got money to spend, why not.
******EDIT
Although it is pretty cool, especially the keyboard..

Well, i dont think it will actually retail at 100, the mx510 says 50 and you can find that for about 30 easily. But however much it ends up being is still pretty expensive for a mouse. The keyboard looks pretty sweet though.

When the MX1000 came out, you were hard pressed to find one for under $80 bucks. Now it's getting common to see them going for ~$50 to $60 bucks. ALl you have to do is wait a few months.

Nice mouse, maybe I'll move to this from my MX500 when the time comes, keyboard looks sick too, maybe I'll go with this over the Eclipse...

GAH!!! I bought my MX1000, then the MX518 came out.. so I bought it (couldn't put up with the slight lag when I lifted the mouse cause I play with super low sensitivity)... now this... Damn you logitech, I think for once I might hold out... I've bought the MX700 combo, went to MX510, then MX1000... now MX518. :(

/end useless jibbering

EDIT: GOD THAT KEYBOARD IS SEXY!!! I'M BUYING ONE!! on another note, I have too much money for my own good :(

Whats the point of having lighted up keys if you memorized the keyboard?

Well anyways on topic that looks like a good mouse, but I'm not going to buy it I think, I have both a MX510 and 518 so thats good enough for me.

sculelos said:
Whats the point of having lighted up keys if you memorized the keyboard?

Well anyways on topic that looks like a good mouse, but I'm not going to buy it I think, I have both a MX510 and 518 so thats good enough for me.

Yeah keyboard and mice are getting ridiculous now...

Now to rain on the parade, but come on.... The product cycles for mice are becoming as short as video cards, yet not offering any real world advantage IMO. They do however continue to jack the price up.

The MX700/MX500 was the last real step for anything new, while the MSIE 3.0 was great, the 4.0 added that horrible clickless wheel.

And honestly is the LCD screen on the keyboard really useable, do you guys actually look at the keyboard while playing a game?

I'm eying the G5 mouse, but my hand is resting on the 518 I just purchased a few days ago

I tried to go to the Logitech page with the G5/G7 mice on it, but that stupid gimp at the top of the page is looking at me funny. Just put that joypad down Spanky and go home. And no, I won't give you a hug.

Logitech's SetPoint software = crap.

To clarify things, I think the LCD also displays system statistics so you can see how well your computer is performing.

And not everyone has memorized the keyboard, even me after many years typing believe it or not. I've wished many times in the dark, that I had gotten one of these lit up keyboards. And maybe even when you are drunk the lit keys are really handy... for sure.

UltimaParadox said:
Yeah keyboard and mice are getting ridiculous now...

Now to rain on the parade, but come on.... The product cycles for mice are becoming as short as video cards, yet not offering any real world advantage IMO. They do however continue to jack the price up.

The MX700/MX500 was the last real step for anything new, while the MSIE 3.0 was great, the 4.0 added that horrible clickless wheel.

And honestly is the LCD screen on the keyboard really useable, do you guys actually look at the keyboard while playing a game?

Hehe, I agree 100%. My several-year-old intellimouse explorer 3.0 is still going strong. I bought an MX510, couldn't tell the slightest difference, and promptly returned it.

Does anybody remember that Simpsons episode where "Duff Dry", "Duff Lite", etc. were all coming from the same vat? It makes you think...

-Ace-

AceTKK said:
Hehe, I agree 100%. My several-year-old intellimouse explorer 3.0 is still going strong. I bought an MX510, couldn't tell the slightest difference, and promptly returned it.

Does anybody remember that Simpsons episode where "Duff Dry", "Duff Lite", etc. were all coming from the same vat? It makes you think...

-Ace-

Buahaha great analogy, yeah too bad my MSIE 3.0A died, and was OEM so Microsoft would not replace it, and my warranty was up :(

Luxor said:
To clarify things, I think the LCD also displays system statistics so you can see how well your computer is performing.

Actually it is for stuff like ammo in games, read the website
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2288,CONTENTID=10717

Adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD display
The GamePanel™ LCD shows you crucial system information during gameplay.

Check out the picture it shows ammo for each weapon, of course though there is a catch...
• Logitech® GamePanel™ LCD requires software that supports GamePanel technology.

Nice looking mice, but no second thumb button on the side? I think i'll stick with my mx510.

Well they do offer better performance however it depends. I could be very happy with my Intellimouse 3 still yet though the Intellimouse 4, MX 510, DB and 518 (only tested it) has all been an improvement over it in term of precision.

So they do improve definiatly the question is if you need it?

I will probably keep my Diamondback. It´s really good enough don´t feel the need to upgrade again. Hopefully I will keep this till it breaks.

I already own a diamondback plasma, but I think i'll go for the copperhead too. I've got a mx518, doesn't really like the feel of it.

Yes logitech is kind of booring. They keep the same shape for all their mouses though the design is definiatly flawed.

seigejet said:
I already own a diamondback plasma, but I think i'll go for the copperhead too. I've got a mx518, doesn't really like the feel of it.

you doesn't? i think logitechs mice fit into your hand like no other mouse. all non-logitech mice you have to pretty much grab instead of it shlumping into your hand. yes, shlumping.

Back