Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse

Gurukast

n00b
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Technical Details
  • 20 MMO-tuned buttons: Includes unique 12-button thumb panel designed for quick, no-look navigation
  • G-shift ring-finger button: Instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button
  • Built for comfort: Sculpted shape and tuned buttons reduce click fatigue during marathon multiplayer sessions
  • Total personalization: Set it up your way with customizable thumb panel lighting colors, DPI levels or button assignments
713W5Zw9mzL._AA1500_.jpg

Just when I was reaching the end of my Naga vs Cyborg MMO research! Thoughts?

Wow! Nice idea and it might sell pretty well but I can barely manage the 4 thumb buttons on my G700. I'd be fragging myself every 30 seconds by accidentally throwing a grenade when I was in a small room or something. Credit for originality.

Wow! Nice idea and it might sell pretty well but I can barely manage the 4 thumb buttons on my G700. I'd be fragging myself every 30 seconds by accidentally throwing a grenade when I was in a small room or something. Credit for originality.

lol i was thinking the same thing :cool:
any release date info?

Shit, it's hard enough for me to remember which button is which between the four side buttons on my G700. This just looks confusing... :p

Evangelion vioce....“Damn! Haven't they ever heard of moderation?”
*Looks at my G700...

Interesting mouse. 7 more buttons than the G700. Not enough to make me upgrade though. I want even more buttons. I have a Logitech G13 gamepad just to put macros/shortcuts on.

This seems like Logitech's answer for the Razer Naga, looks interesting.

I'm very happy now that there's competition between the different manufacturers for these MMO mice.

I wish they had kept the G9-style scroll wheel though...

Also, I hope that third button isn't annoying for those of us who won't utilize it. I'll probably use that button for hot-swapping weapon sets in GW2.

Last edited:
I had the Razer Naga for a week or so. I was actually surprised at how quickly I was able to learn to use those side buttons easily. It worked pretty well. I could tap the 1-3 and 4-6 with the top of my thumb. And the 10-12 were easy to access with the middle joint of the thumb. The 7-9 were a bit awkward though.

Overall I really liked the side buttons and Naga. The only complaint and main reason I returned the mouse though was the overall mouse size was too small. I like larger Logitech mice and just always had trouble using the smaller Razer mice and the Naga was kinda the same.

So I'm pretty excited to see Logitech making this. I imagine it's going to be a regular Logitech sized mouse, larger than the Naga, so will be more comfortable for me to use.

I'm undecided about what Logitech did with the side buttons. They've angled them. Not sure if this is an improvement over the flat design Razer used. I'm a bit worried about my thumb tripping up over those ridges.

I'm very happy now that there's competition between the different manufacturers for these MMO mice.

I wish they had kept the G9-style scroll wheel though...

Also, I hope that third button isn't annoying for those of us who won't utilize it. I'll probably use that button for hot-swapping weapon sets in GW2.

Yeah, I wonder why they went backwards with the wheel. G500 and G700 have the nice flat wheel that's easy to middle click with (without accidentally tilting it).

Surprised they didn't model it after the Naga Hex's button layout and leave a blank, "neutral" spot in the middle of the buttons. I like it, but it's not going to replace my faithful G9X.

That being said I'm trying to look up wireless gaming mice right now. Seems like the G700 is maybe the best one going?

Was I the only one who had an immediate nostalgia trip to one of my favorite mice, the Logitech Wingman Gaming Mouse (aka Mouseman 96)? I tried to take some comparison shots but the scale isn't really correct. G600 is listed at 118mm x 75mm x 41mm, I measured the Wingman at 103mm x73mm x 35mm.
6cVGu.jpg

front
OvyNC.jpg

back
SIqJ2.jpg

side
QBWjC.jpg

Last edited:
Was I the only one who had an immediate nostalgia trip to one of my favorite mice, the Logitech Wingman Gaming Mouse (aka Mouseman 96)? I tried to take some comparison shots but the scale isn't really correct. G600 is listed at 118mm x 75mm x 41mm, I measured the Wingman at 103mm x73mm x 35mm.
6cVGu.jpg

front
OvyNC.jpg

back
SIqJ2.jpg

side
QBWjC.jpg

You are the only one aside from the fact that g600 has three main buttons(?) as the wingman...

I like the idea of more buttons but WOW! I'll agree with NickJames, My thumb will handicap me from ever using that thing accurately.

Personally I'm hoping more mice come out that combine thumb buttons and extra finger buttons for more buttons and not just loading thumb buttons. For instance say the G300 with thumb buttons, or G700 with thumb/finger buttons on both sides.

Right now I have the G300 and do I wish it did have 1 or 2 thumb buttons as well as the extra finger buttons (something less common which I wanted).

Anyone mind comparing this side by side to the G5/G7/MX518/G400 when they get it?

Last edited:
I would like to see a mouse where the third finger button is in the middle around the middle mouse wheel button. The wheel button is often clumsy on mice and is not that easy to get it perfectly without moving the wheel. I already use 3 fingers on the buttons and only guide the mouse with my pinky and thumb.

Finally, some new high-end Logitech products! I'm glad to see it! I've tried just about all the "MMO" style ("greater than 7 button") mice to date and settled on the Corsair M90 above Razer, Cyborg, SteelSeries WoW Cata/Legendary and other offerings... but I'd give this one a go for yet another comparison.

I wonder if they'll be updating the G19/G510 and G13? Both of those have given me solid years of service, but I long before now expected updates. Wouldn't it be something to have an updated G19 with Topre switches and some tweaks such as the display being a fully compatible 4"+ diagon touchscreen USB monitor.

G19 with Topre switches

The price would be sky high... Keyboards with nothing but topre switches already go for 300+ dollars... And this can never happen since Logitech has to make products that has to sell.

Wouldn't mind a logitech with cherry MX's though.

If Logitech was going to go mechanical keyboard, they would be better off designing their own switches since they have the capacity to do so that all these smaller companies don't. I'd first want to see a G13 with mechanical keys.

The price would be sky high... Keyboards with nothing but topre switches already go for 300+ dollars... And this can never happen since Logitech has to make products that has to sell.

Wouldn't mind a logitech with cherry MX's though.

They are expensive now, but a large company like Logitech would be able to get the Topre switches much cheaper than the really small niche manufacturers that currently import them.

Logitech like most mainstream companies pretty much outsources everything, so what would the gain be to designing their own switch? They could just negotiate better terms for larger batches of switches with the existing companies.

Logitech like most mainstream companies pretty much outsources everything, so what would the gain be to designing their own switch? They could just negotiate better terms for larger batches of switches with the existing companies.

I am pretty sure Logitech isn't new in designing their own switches. I think the scissor switches found in their Illuminated keyboards are of their own design and I doubt they outsourced the design of even their rubber domes.

What would be to gain would be to solve what is probably holding them back from making a mechanical keyboard. Right now mechanical switches have downsides that won't let them find their way out of a small niche market.

Just bought one in black at Fry's Electronics.

So far, this thing is alien compared to the G500. The SetPoint gaming software is actually way more adjustable than the Logitech Gaming Software that the G600 uses.

There are some things that the G500 has that I wish the G600 had.
The freewheel option.
The obvious DPI buttons on the top left with an indicator of some sort.
More presets for mapping buttons. There isn't even a preset for volume control.
It isn't necessary, but a weight tray. There is no weight adjustability on this mouse and that saddens me a little bit.

Some random things about this mouse are:
The underside of the mouse is extremely plain looking. It offers no additional information, such as the model name, laser type, dpi or anything. Of course, it does say G600 on the back end of the mouse, but still.
The mouse wheel feels generic because of the rounded profile.
The pads on the bottom that are usually slippery slippery teflon are kind of rubbery feeling. It glides smooth, but the actual feel of them is rubbery.
The placement of the laser itself is further back than on the G500(I didn't like that the G500's laser was so far forward) so I have to get used to the change in pivot.
The color shifting LEDs make some very nice colors. You can also adjust their brightness.
The G-shift button is comfortable but at the same time, confuses my hand. I keep having to actively think about right click being my middle finger. This is something I'll have to get used to.
The cord is a little bit more flexible than the G500 cord. This is a very good thing.
There are a god awful amount of buttons to program. Holy Moses.

Just some notes.

Just bought one in black at Fry's Electronics.

So far, this thing is alien compared to the G500. The SetPoint gaming software is actually way more adjustable than the Logitech Gaming Software that the G600 uses.

There are some things that the G500 has that I wish the G600 had.
The freewheel option.
The obvious DPI buttons on the top left with an indicator of some sort.
More presets for mapping buttons. There isn't even a preset for volume control.
It isn't necessary, but a weight tray. There is no weight adjustability on this mouse and that saddens me a little bit.

Some random things about this mouse are:
The underside of the mouse is extremely plain looking. It offers no additional information, such as the model name, laser type, dpi or anything. Of course, it does say G600 on the back end of the mouse, but still.
The mouse wheel feels generic because of the rounded profile.
The pads on the bottom that are usually slippery slippery teflon are kind of rubbery feeling. It glides smooth, but the actual feel of them is rubbery.
The placement of the laser itself is further back than on the G500(I didn't like that the G500's laser was so far forward) so I have to get used to the change in pivot.
The color shifting LEDs make some very nice colors. You can also adjust their brightness.
The G-shift button is comfortable but at the same time, confuses my hand. I keep having to actively think about right click being my middle finger. This is something I'll have to get used to.
The cord is a little bit more flexible than the G500 cord. This is a very good thing.
There are a god awful amount of buttons to program. Holy Moses.

Just some notes.

good stuff, do you think you'll end up keeping it? with the G-shift button you should be able to used your ring finger, at least that's what I've read...

I'm on the edge of sledge hammering it. I found another thing to add to the list of things I don't like about it. I causes my bootup to freeze at the very FIRST bios splash screen. Dear lord...

Do you have a USB 3.0 port it is sitting in? Check for a bios update.

No problems with mine. Way better than the Razar Naga. I have two of those that went faulty, either double clicks, or randomly stops tracking.

The Logitech G600 is everything the Naga is but way better build, heavier, sturdier, and with way more customization. Also fits my hand much better and glides much smoother. :D

Yes, it is clicky.

Computer booted fine today. probably just a glitch to end my already horrible day, yesterday.

its in a usb 2.0 port.

Coming to this thread a little late, but I picked up a copy of this mouse largely because, I have large hands, and logitech is historically the only company that makes mice that have a form factor that fits a large hand. I was quite disappointed to discover this mouse has a smaller form factor than pretty much any mouse logitech has designed, with the exception of cheap mice designed for laptop/travel.

This mouse has a smaller form factor than most Razer mice. I'm baffled. They had an opportunity to make an addition to the MMO mouse market that would finally give an option for people who find Razer/Cyborg mice unusable because they are so tiny and instead copied the form factor of their competitors.

To the person who said he was excited because he has larger hands: this mouse is no good. The naga is more comfortable for a larger hand than this thing...which is to say, if you have a large hand its just as unusable as the Naga.. :(

Last edited:
I usually really like Logitech mice, being a current owner of a G9x and MX518. I purchased a G600 off Amazon hoping it would satisfy my need for more mouse buttons. Unfortunately, the mouse has a defect (design intention?) that caused me to return the item after owning it for a single day.

The issue is with the G Shift key breaking right click. I hold down right click while moving in Guild Wars 2 as is pretty standard in any MMO. On the G600, if you use Mouse 3 (G Shift key) it causes Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 to be released. There's a ghetto workaround involving assigning the G Shift key to be something as generic as SHIFT or CTRL, but that actually wouldn't even work for me in GW2. I could get Mouse 3 to function as 1-2-3-4-5-etc., but it wouldn't register as holding down Ctrl or Shift so the possibility of Ctrl+# wasn't even there. If that makes any sense. :D

See the following:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Left-Right-Click-G-Shift/td-p/856932

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-ser...-Button-States-w-Workaround/m-p/859234#M14605

Hopefully Logitech gets the issue figured out in a later revision, but since the firmware is not upgradeable, I'm not taking a chance.

Been eyeing these for a while and someone sent me an Amazon gift card so I ordered the black one - should be here tomorrow and I'll test it out on GW2...

What sold me is that everyone talked about how big it is and I have huge hands (never yet met anyone with larger hands) also some people said that not using the internal memory gets rid of the movement glitches.

The g600 is made for people with bigger hands.

I completely disagree with the above poster who said it was for people with little hands.

The Naga is, but not the g600.

Back