Logitech G15

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
How many people here have a Logitech G15 keyboard? I was thinking of trying to write a program that gathers data from FAHlog or from EMIII to display on the LCD. I was just wondering if anyone else would put it to use. I'll probably make it anyway, because I'm selfish and I like coding experiments. I'll post the results later if I ever get it working.

UPDATE: I've decided to go ahead and try to make it happen. Keep your eyes peeled here for updates.

Feature Requests:
PPD
Current Rank
Team Standing
WU type and value
% done

I have one. sounds like a good idea to me. At least something else to play with.

"<click> Two's in! <bzzclick>"

Time/date and CPU max'ed at 100% is all fine and dandy for the display, but having the current PPD from EMIII would be quite frosty. :D

I will eventually have one too and such a display would be nice. You may want to talk to Mike who has done YURT. He surely has a lot of information for tacking etc.

I'd buy one if you got it working...anyway to get it to display on the media pad of the dinovo?

request for features if you can figure it out, ppd, current rank, and team standing (rank) would be great

WU, type value/ # of parts % compleat

i have a g15, i would use it.. :D

full steam ahead

Wow, much larger response than I thought. Ok, I'll get started probably Sunday afternoon, since I'm a little busy tonight. First I have to figure out how to get teh info from EMIII, so there's still time for feature requests. I'll try to squeeze in as much as possible! I'm also going to edit the original post with kind aof a work/changelog.

RESURRECTION!

Just got my g15 yesterday and I immediately set about looking for a FAH program for the LCD. Any news on what happened with this? I am extremely interested.

Or anybody else want to take up the challenge? I have no coding/programming skills whatsoever, but I would love a program like this. I've search on g15mods.com and g15forums.com and they have nothing.

Don't just make it for the G15 keyboard if you can...Konfabulator(yahoo) widgets, dshboard widgets, superkaramba, gdesklets would all be cool.

Don't just make it for the G15 keyboard if you can...Konfabulator(yahoo) widgets, dshboard widgets, superkaramba, gdesklets would all be cool.

i think alot of those have a F@H add-on already....not sure tho

Is this keyboard really that good? I messed with one at Best Buy, and I thought it was cheap and flimsy. I have one of those Compaq keyboards that are nice and heavy, and it is super sturdy. The G15 keyboard seems to be the exact opposite. I got this keyboard when Amex -- I think -- was giving it away since it had a card reader builtin. If anyone cares, its a model SK-3320.

This program could just read the unitinfo.txt file, it could potentially also display the last line of the FAHlog.txt file with or without the time stamp. I'd try and program it, but I don't have one of these keyboards. I'm sure you could also use the EMIII files somehow, but that is an additional program you'd have to have running in the background.

....This reminds me that I reinstalled EMIII a month or two back. Gosh, this dual Xeon is only getting 180ppd on p2125s. I really need an upgrade....

....This reminds me that I reinstalled EMIII a month or two back. Gosh, this dual Xeon is only getting 180ppd on p2125s. I really need an upgrade....
It's not the CPU's it's the crummy WU. If it doesn't have to be running windows, you might consider setting it up with Linux and the SMP client...

Wasn't there someone who recently had the WU info displayed on an LCD panel for the front of the PC?

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Back