Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + G7 Mouse $83 after $50MIR or Mouse Only $33

ordered on the 16th, finally given a tracking number today after the "sent to warehouse" and "on order" but fedex haven't received it yet. will not deal with buy.com ever again.

yea that happened to me once with some headphones. took 3 weeks. was sent to warehouse for 2 weeks. but this time they were speedy for me. i guess their not too consistant

Are all you guys going through the long wait times on the west coast? I'm in San Jose... wondering if it's different warehouse-related or something.

I got through to a CS guy. Long story. Basically got a decent coupon and tried placing a fresh order with much faster shipping, and I'm cancelling or sending back whichever one doesn't get here first.

looks like the prices went up alot
g15- 82.14
g7 - 77.98
total = 160.12
minus rebate = -50

total price now is 110.12

good deal but not great now

I ordered the G7 only. I have my Eclipse II keyboard so I just hope I get the black one. Another question is can i use the rebate if i recieve the black one? because the black one has a different model number so i dont know if i can send in the rebate...

Haha. Snap. Good find man.

They must really be itchin to get these outta a warehouse somewhere.

drmrdan said:
yea that happened to me once with some headphones. took 3 weeks. was sent to warehouse for 2 weeks. but this time they were speedy for me. i guess their not too consistant

Buy.com used to be very fast shipping, but either got absorbed by or partnered with Amazon.com. I just waited 2 weeks for a pair of headphones from Amazon. I think the game is to float your credit charge for several days (times thousands of customers) to make up for the cost of free shipping. Once the post office got my package it was delivered in 2 days. I bought a lot of computer parts from Buy, in the past for the good price and fast shipping. They seem to have moved away from computer parts to more of an Amazon look and feel and competition has undercut their prices.

The G7 was sold out when I checked this deal and free shipping only applies to in stock items.

has anyone got the combo deal. do the mouse and keyboard come packaged seperatly or together. i dont need the mouse just want to keyboard.

thanks
dawg

got the mouse yesterday, confirmed it's black, and i compared it to my g5, which I have had for 5mo, absolutely NO difference between wired and wireless

thats wut im goin to do. but im goin to use the g7 mainly with my laptop

it came today. and black it is. very nice

drmrdan said:
thats wut im goin to do. but im goin to use the g7 mainly with my laptop

it came today. and black it is. very nice
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to be getting mine tomorrow. If it comes in the silver one I'm gonna be very t'd off. I hope I get black :D

alik4041 said:
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to be getting mine tomorrow. If it comes in the silver one I'm gonna be very t'd off. I hope I get black :D

Well, according to Logitech it is only available in black these days. Looky here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2463,categoryid=491

Right under the sales pitch for the G7, it says "Available in Black". Guess they must have finally received enough complaints about a teal gaming mouse. Seriously, who was the marketing genius behind that one??? :confused:

does anyone know if you buy the combo kit g15 and g7 if you still get the rebate.
buy.com has it list as you do but if you look at the rebate form they could easily reject it as both items will not be printed out on the receipt just the kit.

i called the logitech rebate dept and they wouldnt say yes or no just have to purchase both items. and ofcourse they hardly spoke any english. i even spoke with a mgr. then he told me to call logitech so i did. that guy said they have nothing at all to do with the rebates. so now im waiting on buy.com to answer my email.

anyone have a phone number for cust service at buy.com.

i would like to get the combo before the price goes back up.

thanks
dawg

Kinda funny. Like I said, I've got two on order. They both got shipped about an hour apart yesterday. Currently, the FedEx ground one (free shipping) is on a truck for delivery, the FedEx 2day one is still in transit. :D

edit: and this is where I got their phone number - from a CS e-mail: "Our Customer Support Department is available via telephone 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Our toll-free phone number is 1-877-780-2464."

well buy.com finally got back to me via email. this is what they said to those that get the kit and are wondering about the rebate.

Please note that in order to qualify for the $50 rebate, you need to purchase both the items #201935175 and #201935140 together. Since you will purchase both the items together as kit, you will qualify to submit the $50 rebate.

For questions on this offer, call toll free 1-866-533-6880 or visit logitech.rebatestatus.com.

Please contact us for any other information you may require.

my receipt just say g15 g7 kit. no individual part numbers. i hope logitech honors the rebate. if not i have the email from buy.com saying they will.

Well I wasn't going to bite on this deal, but then Buy.com re-initiated their free shipping, and Buy sent me an e-mail reminding me that I had a 10% coupon I could use, so I bit on the G7

$59.99
-10%
= $53.99 shipped
- $30 mir
= $23.99

I RECIEVED MY G7 TODAY!!!! IT'S BLACK!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! Counter strike here I come :) . And I don't notice any lag than with a wired. love the 1ms response :eek:

jebo_4jc said:
Well I wasn't going to bite on this deal, but then Buy.com re-initiated their free shipping, and Buy sent me an e-mail reminding me that I had a 10% coupon I could use, so I bit on the G7

$59.99
-10%
= $53.99 shipped
- $30 mir
= $23.99
i did the same thing. i cancelled my first order since it was in "sent to warehouse" status for almost a week. after that, the price dropped anyway, but i didn't re-order, then the price went up and they didn't offer free shipping. now it's back w/ free shipping and my 10% off coupon expires on the 30th. i finally went ahead and bit again. i wonder if i'll get the teal or the black. i noticed the black is $38 after rebates.

Wow the mouse shipped already. Same day shipping!

I'm not sure why some of your orders sat in warehouses for so long, but they certainly were prompt for me!

Yeah.. I've got no idea why either, and neither did the CS guys apparently. Ordered on the 15th, shipped on the 25th, arrived on the 27th. I'm also not seeing the charge from Buy.com on my credit card, but oh well. After all this, did they forget to bill me too? :p

I'm guessing they have a west coast warehouse that just plain ran out for a while and they didn't tell anybody, heh. Everybody I know was surprised that what happened to me did happen with buy.com, and said they're usually straightforward & good.

xsoulbrothax said:
Yeah.. I've got no idea why either, and neither did the CS guys apparently. Ordered on the 15th, shipped on the 25th, arrived on the 27th. I'm also not seeing the charge from Buy.com on my credit card, but oh well. After all this, did they forget to bill me too? :p

I'm guessing they have a west coast warehouse that just plain ran out for a while and they didn't tell anybody, heh. Everybody I know was surprised that what happened to me did happen with buy.com, and said they're usually straightforward & good.
lmao. i wish they forgot to bill me too.

rabiddawgs: I dont know if this is a recent change (just found this thread), but the mouse and keyboard kit page actually says:

Purchase this Logitech Product at Buy.com & Receive a $50 Mail in Rebate! Offer valid from 9/25/2006 to 9/30/2006

I think I'll bite. I just hope that it doesnt take a couple days to fill the order, as it's only a couple days to the end of the rebate. I've only done a couple rebates before, so I dont know if it's usually safe to order this close to the rebate end. Anybody?

EDIT: use google checkout to save an additional $10! I dont think this would void the rebate, since it's still buy.com :)

JPOnion said:
rabiddawgs: I dont know if this is a recent change (just found this thread), but the mouse and keyboard kit page actually says:

I think I'll bite. I just hope that it doesnt take a couple days to fill the order, as it's only a couple days to the end of the rebate. I've only done a couple rebates before, so I dont know if it's usually safe to order this close to the rebate end. Anybody?

EDIT: use google checkout to save an additional $10! I dont think this would void the rebate, since it's still buy.com :)

after i emailed them asking they posted that up there i think.
i did bite on it but it says still sitting in warehouse. ugh.

i didnt get the google checkout thing.

as far as ordering close to the rebate when you order you receipt says the date you ordered it. thats all that matters.

i finally got them yesterday.
i was kinda pissed about the packing. there was only 1 piece of tape across the top the of the box. ofcourse both flaps were not sealed basically open. the kb and mouse were on the bottom with no packing protection and just some paper thrown on top. very loose. if thats the way they ship it will be my last time.

now the parts thats worse. the keyboard fits fine on my drawer but i am unable to see the display. this sux. i thought i had enough room. might try and modify the drawer so it will work.

Lucky. I've run into the same issue some of the others have (I'm in Oregon). I ordered it last thursday, the whole time it was "Sent to Warehouse". This morning it turned to "On Order". I've sent an email earlier today, am waiting a responce to see what they have to say about it. If, because of this, the invoice wont reflect a date before 9/30, I'm going to cancel the order... It's a good deal after the $50 rebate, but I cant justify the cost without it...

It's ticking me off, though, and this'll probably be my last buy.com purchase.

EDIT: Got a responce. They're sorry for the delay. Their records say I bought it while it was still in stock, so if it gets here too late for me to send in for the rebate, they'll give it to me directly. Ok, this was a good deal, lots of orders, and I came in late, so I can understand why the delay. I dont like it, but I've got to deal with it, and cant blame buy.com too much for it. This responce has given them enough kudo points for me to deal with them again.

About the MIR, both forms demand the G7's UPC when there's only one! What to do?

Finally arrived today! I was actually hoping that it wouldn't ship for another week or two, that way I could get buy.com to honor what they said about directly giving me the rebate. Oh well, I'm glad everything showed up. Looks, feels and works nicely, I'm happy (as long as I get the freakin rebate!) :)

BTW, doesn't matter since the rebate is done, but the mouse I got is black too ;)

Back