Live Sports May Be Next Big Thing For Amazon Prime

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here's to hoping this rumor is true. As it is, I already get a lot of value out of my $99 a year, adding live sports to Amazon Prime would just be the icing on the cake.

"Amazon Prime members could soon be getting more bang for their buck when it comes to entertainment, as the e-commerce giant is rumored to be in talks with major sports leagues and television networks to offer live-streaming of sporting events. The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, reports that Amazon has been in talks with the NBA, MLB, and NFL — as well as smaller leagues for soccer and lacrosse — to obtain rights to stream live games as part of its $99/year Prime subscription service or as an add-on service."

I could care less about watching sports these days with these millionaire "athletes" turning sports into their own political arena.
I remember when athletes would just go out and play their chosen sport.
Ahh, the good ole days :p

I could care less about watching sports these days with these millionaire "athletes" turning sports into their own political arena.
I remember when athletes would just go out and play their chosen sport.
Ahh, the good ole days :p

You know politics and sports go way back right?

I'll go back to whistling Dixie though...

Side note... fuck yes sports on prime!!!

Why don't they make it an add on to Prime and charge those that are interested a surcharge?

Too many already pay enough to their cable company for the likes ESPN and don't give a flying fuck about the sports channels.

One reason people cut the cord is to better choose the content they want to pay for, now Amazon wants to start bundling everything together and stick everyone with the bill for everything.

Heck, if Amazon can use their muscle to get around local market blackouts, I'll be thrilled.

It's time to end the enforced exclusivity fleecing fans.

Ever since Fox - in their wisdom - marked all their channels with the "copy once" flag, I can no longer watch Yankees - Red Sox games, which pisses me off to no end. Only thing on fox channels I want to watch.

(In the local market all regular season Red Sox games are on NESN, a cable only local sports channel, except Yankees -Red Sox games which are always on Fox)

You know politics and sports go way back right?

QFT. I don't think any athlete to this day comes close Muhammad Ali in this regard.

Side note... fuck yes sports on prime!!!

I'm all for it, I love pro and college football and college basketball. Being a native North Carolinian, college basketball is just something everyone grows up with, you're either a Duke or Carolina fan.

QFT. I don't think any athlete to this day comes close Muhammad Ali in this regard.

Cant quote it enough. Politics has always been a factor in sports. Jesse Owens proved to Germany that its idea of "Aryan Superiority" was a joke when he ran away with 4 gold medals. That was 1936. In yo face, Hitler!

Cant quote it enough. Politics has always been a factor in sports. Jesse Owens proved to Germany that its idea of "Aryan Superiority" was a joke when he ran away with 4 gold medals. That was 1936. In yo face, Hitler!

American sports culture and famous, politically and socially influential athletes date back over a century. Athletes were pop culture heroes and icons well before musicians did at the same level.

"You can take it from our cold, dead hands." -- Cable companies

I'd only pay for live sports streaming if it was replayable for at least 5 years.

Back