Live From Apple's iPhone 5 Event

oh man it seems like those benchmark scores are really hitting some nerves here

oh man it seems like those benchmark scores are really hitting some nerves here

Browser benchmarks are irrelevant unless you are running the exact same browser (and I mean the exact same, down to the version).

In other words, a browser benchmark might be useful in comparing different Android phones or different iPhones but it is useless in comparing the iPhone to Android phones because Android phones do not run Safari and iPhones do not run the Android browser.

Different browsers execute the same JavaScript in the SunSpider test. That makes it quite relevant.

Different browsers execute the same JavaScript in the SunSpider test. That makes it quite relevant.

The Javascript compiler can still vary though, which makes it a bad performance indication of pure CPU speed.

Though the implication is Apple is much better at Javascript or has a much faster CPU.

The only implication is that Nitro in iOS 6 on the iPhone 5 is fast. No one implied or suggested anything beyond that.

The iPhone 4S scores around 1800 in the test, so the A6 at 1Ghz seems around 2x as fast as 800Mhz A9.

Just for comparison with what we have.

Improved camera... do that many people really rely on their phones for photos? I'd rather use my point and shoot camera or my wife's digital SLR.
Yes, the phone's camera is a big selling point for me as I'm always carrying it, I'm not always carrying a point and shoot dedicated camera. Phone cameras are great for taking random pictures when you don't have an actual camera and/or don't have time to get out a decent camera and set it up for a proper picture.

Phone camera = convenient. But if you're expecting something, it's still necessary to take a real camera for the optical zoom

How easy would it be to short a Lightning connector? Those exposed contacts don't look too safe.

Yet android fans will still proclaim the A6 as a minimal upgrade over the 4/4S and/or benchmarks biased towards iOS.

The retarded fanboyism comes from both camps though.... just learn to ignore the obvious morons, because there are lots of reasonable people out there that really do evaluate platforms and their phones based on an objective evaluation of their pros and cons

though, I guess I do understand some of your frustration, on this board the irrational apple hate/penis envy reaches staggering heights.... like I said, the morons are easy enough to spot

Is anyone else having significantly crap speeds on wifi on their iphone5?

Back