Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Teased

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
IGN just posted a teaser for the upcoming live action Sonic the Hedgehog movie. As previously announced, the film is supposed to be released in the U.S. on November 8, 2019. Ben Schwartz, who played Ralphio in Parks and Recreation, is set to star as Sonic, while Jim Carrey is reportedly cast as his arch nemesis, Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

Check out the teaser here.

As the video points out, Sonic appears to be conspicuously... furry. One can hope the transition to Hollywood live action goes better than Pikachu's attempt. Thanks to cageymaru for the tip.

upload_2018-12-10_11-24-11.png

facepalm.gif

no. one thing you can count on is hollywood to beat that dead horse until there isnt even a puddle left.. then.. make one more movie.. just in case

LOL

and then a collectors rerelaese with all the beating and a bonus dvd "how to make a puddle"

I disagree. They have done no live action release how is that to far?
But ask me about CGI action re-release and we agree.
How do you make a live live action movie of a fictional species? It can't be anything but CGI. Sure it might be practical effects and a costume, but hollywood is fixated on crappy vfx.

My nine year old son will go bonkers when I tell him about this. Then again, he'll frown when he hears that it's a year from release. Maybe I'll just wait a few months to say anything. lol

Even tho I never played a Pokemon game, I'll watch Detective Pikachu.
Don't know for Sonic, gotta wait for the trailer.

Street Fighter and Mario on the other hand......

How do you make a live live action movie of a fictional species? It can't be anything but CGI. Sure it might be practical effects and a costume, but hollywood is fixated on crappy vfx.

I don't know. i don't care to know and I don't need to know how to do it.
The terminology is still wrong

I also don't know how to make airplanes but still disagree with anyone calling them lawnmowers.
Why are you asking me this again ?

Just for refference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action
"Live action is a form of cinematography or videography that uses photography instead of animation"

The real take away is this:
Who wants to see a Sonic the Hedgehog movie? I doubt if kids would even raise their hands.
This is what Hollywood thinks about YOU; the consuming public. Any worthless trash they can put on the screen, you will flock to see it because YOU have an appetite for worthless trash.
What it is going to take is a complete boycott of this kind of garbage coming from Hollywood. And people do vote with their dollars. It is typical a movie like this will flop big time.
But why do they keep pumping them out? Because their opinion of YOU has not changed. YOU have the IQ of an ape so this is the kind of movie YOU want to see.

Nuff said

Last edited:
I don't know. i don't care to know and I don't need to know how to do it.
The terminology is still wrong

I also don't know how to make airplanes but still disagree with anyone calling them lawnmowers.
Why are you asking me this again ?

Just for refference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action
"Live action is a form of cinematography or videography that uses photography instead of animation"
It seemed to me that you were nitpicking that this is not live action since the creature is cgi. If that wasn't what you meant I misunderstood.

It seemed to me that you were nitpicking that this is not live action since the creature is cgi. If that wasn't what you meant I misunderstood.

I was
Its not live action as it does not have any shred of what is required to call it live action.
now if the rest of the movie is live action I happily retracted on he basis of not gathering enough information before conludding.

but trying to prove me wrong by claiming it can not be done live action,still does not alone make the terminology correct

Last edited:
Who exactly is this supposed to appeal to?

Like, let's presume for a second they'll actually make a really awesome movie. Great dialogue, compelling story, etc.

Who exactly will _want_ to watch this?

I suspect they have a very steep mountain to climb here, and their chance for failure is way higher than chance for success.

Who exactly is this supposed to appeal to?

Like, let's presume for a second they'll actually make a really awesome movie. Great dialogue, compelling story, etc.

Who exactly will _want_ to watch this?

I suspect they have a very steep mountain to climb here, and their chance for failure is way higher than chance for success.

Just remember, you asked.

itjrayzqpxdz097jzux3.jpg

I think the mario movie was ok. Different, but ok.

Sonic? Hes gonna go fast. Into a brick wall. And unlike mario his head wont break bricks.

Meh. I used to think Carrey was hilarious and looked forward to seeing his stuff. Then he became an "artist"...

Here's hoping someone with a lot more imagination than me is working on it because the premise sucks.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is going to go as well as their 2006 game.

If this follows the SatAM feel (darker tone) this could be great.

If it's off all other version of sonic cartoons it'll suck

SatAM Sonic:

Last edited:
There is no way to make a good Sonic movie, you can only make a bad one and own into it. If they do it well enough then it is ironically bad and therefore good.

Ok, that's it.

I officially don't care anymore.

Go make you money Hollywood; I'll spend my dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back