Feb 9, 2014 #1 E Emmanon Limp Gawd Joined Dec 15, 2013 Messages 341 I had to reinstall ubuntu 13.10. I can't succesfully reinstall the older nvidia driver for a gtx 680. The latest drive destroys my 680's ppd. Help!
I had to reinstall ubuntu 13.10. I can't succesfully reinstall the older nvidia driver for a gtx 680. The latest drive destroys my 680's ppd. Help!
Feb 9, 2014 #2 ChristianVirtual [H]ard DCOTM x3 Joined Feb 23, 2013 Messages 2,561 Try 304.x/319.x. works well on my 660Ti. The latest driver are better for 780/780Ti/Titan What happen if you install driver from nvidia homepage ? Any error message ? You could also try alternative ppa like x-swat (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates )
Try 304.x/319.x. works well on my 660Ti. The latest driver are better for 780/780Ti/Titan What happen if you install driver from nvidia homepage ? Any error message ? You could also try alternative ppa like x-swat (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates )
Feb 10, 2014 #3 E Emmanon Limp Gawd Joined Dec 15, 2013 Messages 341 I added the x-swat ppa, but I can't download the package correctly. I'm typing in the syntax wrong. Don't I need to run the purge command to remove the existing driver? I'm going to install 12.04 over 13.10 after work.
I added the x-swat ppa, but I can't download the package correctly. I'm typing in the syntax wrong. Don't I need to run the purge command to remove the existing driver? I'm going to install 12.04 over 13.10 after work.
Feb 10, 2014 #4 K Kai [H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2014 Joined May 31, 2005 Messages 1,006 It would be wise to do so, especially with the x-window and/or other gui closed.
Feb 10, 2014 #5 E Emmanon Limp Gawd Joined Dec 15, 2013 Messages 341 Is the command to close the GUI "sudo service lightdm stop"? I tried it in 13.10 and got a blinking cursor without a prompt.
Is the command to close the GUI "sudo service lightdm stop"? I tried it in 13.10 and got a blinking cursor without a prompt.
Feb 10, 2014 #6 K Kai [H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2014 Joined May 31, 2005 Messages 1,006 That's it! But ctrl alt F1 first, then type that bad boy in, then locate and install the drivers, the sudo service lightdm start, and it should work!
That's it! But ctrl alt F1 first, then type that bad boy in, then locate and install the drivers, the sudo service lightdm start, and it should work!
Feb 10, 2014 #7 E Emmanon Limp Gawd Joined Dec 15, 2013 Messages 341 Thanks. I'm going to try it here in a minute, when I go home for lunch.