Lindsay Lohan's GTA V Lawsuit Gets Ugly

HardOCP News

[H] News
Somebody please explain to me how the hell this case hasn't been dismissed by now? That tweet by Ned Luke was pretty damn funny though. Lohan will no doubt try to sue him next.

Days later, Rockstar fired back with the suggestion that Lohan filed the lawsuit "for publicity purposes". The developer quickly asked for the case to be dismissed and pushed for Lohan to pay the company's legal fees for dealing with the matter. But the actress refused to back down, and added a 45-page dossier of GTA5 advertising and promotional images featuring the Lacey Jonas character plastered across billboards and buses, T-shirts, posters and coffee mugs. Lohan's lawyers have pointed to GTA5's disc artwork which features Jonas prominently.

Maybe it hasn't been dismissed because people keep talking/posting about it :p

I don't think Lohan has very many projects going on right now, so she probably has a lot of time to fight this court case. I'm surprised it's gone this far too and hasn't been dismissed. It's not like Lohan was the only actress behaving badly, and I always thought of the game character as being an amalgamation of a bunch of behaving badly young female celebrities.

This one might be a fun case to watch, the Hogan/Gawker one proved to be full of lulz, especially when Hulk took the stand and somehow started talking about Hogan's penis size being bigger than Terry's (Hogan's real name). The whole thing became a circus of Kayfabe/wrestling versus real-life.

UMM....that looks nothing like her.....the character looks much more attractive than she ever did.....with her boyish frame....

Can we all agree the character's looks and name are way too similar to be coincidence? I think Lindsay may actually win this -- she probably needs the money anyway.

Can we all agree the character's looks and name are way too similar to be coincidence? I think Lindsay may actually win this -- she probably needs the money anyway.

I don't know about looks and name, but I'd agree she probably needs the money. She probably hasn't been able to afford top-tier drugs in a while. :cry:

I'm not a lawyer but,

No. Unless they can prove that they are treading on her image, it's merit less. The cwalk song was another matter entirely. They trampled all over his license and I didn't ever see how that was resolved. Hope he got paid.

I don't think Lohan has very many projects going on right now, so she probably has a lot of time to fight this court case. I'm surprised it's gone this far too and hasn't been dismissed. It's not like Lohan was the only actress behaving badly, and I always thought of the game character as being an amalgamation of a bunch of behaving badly young female celebrities.

Projects??

I think her 15 mins of fame was snorted away along time ago. She just borrows money and tries to live a lifestyle she doesn't earn the money to up keep anymore.

She is pushing this because she is broke and needs money, and her lawyers see the Dollar signs so they will push too because they know she can't afford to pay them lol.

Even if the allegations are 100% true it means the character is a parody of her, which is protected under fair use. She can't possibly win this case.

I just really wished she would have stayed on the clean and easy path... Cause damn she was hot back then lol. Now.... Ya.

That character reminded me more of Miranda from Mass Effect 2 (or the actual actress) than Lindsay Lohan.

I guess Lindsay Lohan has never heard of Kate Upton...
One of the pics from GTA V is like a 5 minute photoshop of a Kate Upton pic. Nice little evolution below:

41b856b896e6adb7c72cd4a917d5c8f9-650x325.jpg

Lindsey Lohan should be fucking grateful. If GTAV actually used her likeness, they made her more attractive, at least physically.

It is all free publicity as I see it ;) ...
From both sides that is :)

Free? legal battles aren't free. lawyers cost money.

No, no she won't win. There is a thing call parody like others have pointed out. They can parody actresses as long as they are not making direct reference to any one directly or using their likeness saying it is them. They used a generic white blonde that could be made to say it is one of a few models / actresses. A generic Asian character could be made and end up being said to look like many different people. A generic black character can be made that people way looks like many different people, same goes for anyone else. They have already produced the actress that did the voice acting and that they based the imagine on. So they didn't copy her for the looks. They made a blonde woman in a swim suit. As for the story, they took what has been crazy ass shit done by many actresses now and ran with it. Actress that does drugs, acts crazy.. that fits tons of people. Britney, Amanda Bynes, and half of the girls that were on Disney shows growing up along with these two.

One of the pics from GTA V is like a 5 minute photoshop of a Kate Upton pic. Nice little evolution below:

41b856b896e6adb7c72cd4a917d5c8f9-650x325.jpg

Lindsey Lohan should be fucking grateful. If GTAV actually used her likeness, they made her more attractive, at least physically.
They looks the same...lol

whats funny is lindsey lohan has to keep the style hair, makeup , clothes until the case is over . That means no deviation to change hair style, facial express, plastic surgery on the face, dying of hair etc.

I dont think the laywers would want her to go to the hair salon , make changes to her appearance and then go in front of a jury with any change of what her picture looks like on the GTA V game.

She is stupid and its no wonder Charlie Sheen got a piece of her ass cheap. Lohan probably has Aids now

I never played GTA is the character in the game a horrible deluded drug addict who destroyed her own career by constantly lying, not showing up to work and getting arrested several times and not fufilling her community service?

I never played GTA is the character in the game a horrible deluded drug addict who destroyed her own career by constantly lying, not showing up to work and getting arrested several times and not fufilling her community service?

:D Nice

As far as an actual answer to your question though, I have no idea. I've spent tons of hours in GTA V, but have completed 0% of the actual story.

She is an actress that was famous for being a actress in highschool movies and is full of herself.

There is a different character that is known for being a model / actress that is a drug addict and all around nut case. Which they actually used the same model for both characters. That one is known for having drug problems, was filmed once with a male stripper blowing cocaine up her ass, has been arrested for DUIs. And she had a breakdown during a show and ran around the city naked pulling out her hair. (most of her story takes place in GTA IV with her appearance in GTA 5 being very small during one mission)

Back