Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Real Temp will give you the correct readings.
That's actually not really correct. Here's a good explanation of the situation. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1326875
RealTemp is the real deal.
Even for people (like myself) running something other then a 45nm chip...the TJmax can be very easily altered in RealTemp to adjust temperature readings...I love the app.
...and here is one of the big problems furher making it harder to compare temps. A lot of people "calibrate" there temp reading, which usually means knocking the temp down. Then they post comparison temps that are like 15C lower than other people, boast about their cooler/case/OC skills, others scratch their head...
Exactly !!!!!
Anyone wants to impress me, and I know of no good reason to try, I want to see "Delta to Tjmax" under load. What use is a computer at idle anyway ?
I posted the above previously when this topic came up. The point is simple, no one knows Tjmax for Intel desktop processors becuase Intel doesn't publish it. Intel did provide Tjmax for their mobile parts and folks tried to use that actual data as a basis for the desktop processors. But its a guess and you can change Tjmax in your app it to what ever you want. That is why if you want "core temp" to report the same temp as "real temp" simply set their Tjmax to be the same. They use the very same mechanism.
I had this same argument with my 65nm E4300, Coretemp read way high (100C Tjunction) and real temp read 85C default for this chip. The author of Real Temp states in another forum that this chip is correct with 85C. I am apt to believe him based on IR thermometer readings of my vendetta 2 under load (3.3Ghz oc at 1.51V) I have another thread in this forum that discusses my experiences. Needless to say, II like my current idle temp of 32 C in a 27C room. I think this is far more believable that 47C idle for this chip and the cooling structure I have.
simply your BIOS for the REAL ...
Best way to monitor is through a hardware based monitor or 3rd party Zalmon set or just simply your BIOS for the REAL temps!
I posted the above previously when this topic came up. The point is simple, no one knows Tjmax for Intel desktop processors becuase Intel doesn't publish it. Intel did provide Tjmax for their mobile parts and folks tried to use that actual data as a basis for the desktop processors. But its a guess and you can change Tjmax in your app it to what ever you want. That is why if you want "core temp" to report the same temp as "real temp" simply set their Tjmax to be the same. They use the very same mechanism.