Lian Li v1000 misfortunes

quigonjin

Weaksauce
Ok so i get this thing and it looks really cool. When i go to put my mobo in the backplate is incompatable. So i switched it with the one that came with the mobo that was on my old case. Didn't fit right it was too long. I pressed on. I put in most of those copper bolts and could only get one to matchup with my mobo holes so it is held in wiht just one screw. The others were close but no cigar.
Next issue the power supply one in sig. does not fit. I cannot get the backplate (one that came on the case) back on screws dont match up. My psu is not to big in fact it looks like it might be to small. I have it hanging out the back a little bit so it doesn't fall down inside the case. Anyone else have these problems. Everything runs fine with really good temps. I will get some pics up on request.

I have a v1000 as well. I've seen a few posts about larger than average psu's not fitting. My Coolmax 550W fits fine, but I also removed the panel between the psu compartment and the hard drive cage. i think it is only two rivets, maybe four, holding that panel. Removing it will give you another inch +-...

in regards to the MB tray not fitting your MB, never heard of that problem before. I definately had bit of problem getting the supplied screws to go into the standoff nuts. If I remember correctly, I couldn't match all the holes in my MSI k8n, but enough to hold it.

the i/o backplate that comes with cases cannot be compatible with every single motherboard, right?

you have to use a little force to get the i/o backplate in, if you attempt to install a mobo without having it in place, OF COURSE the standoffs won't lineup correct.

rtfm

Oh i got the backplate in but it was still a little to long for the case. and theres plenty of room for my psu it just doesn't screw into the backplate that comes with the case.

you know it might be and that would suck but i don't think it would make a difference. I'll definitley check on that today.

quigonjin said:
you know it might be and that would suck but i don't think it would make a difference. I'll definitley check on that today.

if it is upsidedwn, it would make a difference, the mounting holes are different

No..the fan should be facing up..Just picture the whole setup upside down..

hmmm--I think the fan is supposed to be facing down. That's how I have mine in my V1000. Air is pulled up through the holes in the bottom of the case and blown out the back.

the seasonic 600w only has one fan. It should be facing toward an open area so that heat can be exhausted from the psu. The v1000 has a perfed bottom, yeah? So mount it with the fan facing down

ah hell which is it up or down. I quess i'll have to switch it around and see if that works.

quigonjin said:
ah hell which is it up or down. I quess i'll have to switch it around and see if that works.

LOL...I guess as you see theres no hard answer.It comes down to what works best with this case.When I got mine a few days ago the rear 120mm fan was facing out and my temps were sky high.Turned it around to bring air in and voila!!..Temps dropped to normal..Gotta experiment..good luck!!

LOL...I guess as you see theres no hard answer.It comes down to what works best with this case.When I got mine a few days ago the rear 120mm fan was facing out and my temps were sky high.Turned it around to bring air in and voila!!..Temps dropped to normal..Gotta experiment..good luck!!

You have a V1000? Does that mean you don't have any exhaust fans since they're all blowing into the case?

toddo97 said:
You have a V1000? Does that mean you don't have any exhaust fans since they're all blowing into the case?

Exactly.....The only exhaust I have is the blower near the video cards that came with my plus kit...

toddo97 said:

It's designed to not need exhaust fans. The air comes in the case and blows out the holes in the case on the other side.

Exactly.....The only exhaust I have is the blower near the video cards that came with my plus kit...

I'll have to give that a try--does the plus blower exhaust a decent amt of air? I've got the non-plus ver. and it looks like the plus blower just blows air on the video card, but doesn't actually pull it out of the case.

If It is designed to only bring air besides the blower for the video cards, then I should swap the direction of my zalman 9500 cause I have it blowing out and turned the 12mm fan blowing out as well... so if I turn it in the other way, I bet temps will drop. I didn't think about taking the holes into consideration for the air to go out. "hot air rises" LoL... i'm such a nubby. If only my chipset didn't get so warm. I wish it stayed at 25c's like when it is when I boot up. My idle temps are ~39 on both.

I know what you mean bout the PSU not fitting... It was a tight fit trying to get mine in. I have it upside down with the fan facing down because if it were on top, it would only have like a 2mm clearance, blowing into nothing (or sucking).

toddo97 said:
I'll have to give that a try--does the plus blower exhaust a decent amt of air? I've got the non-plus ver. and it looks like the plus blower just blows air on the video card, but doesn't actually pull it out of the case.

Actually it does pull air from the video cards and exhaust them..Its enough to feel the warm air.Id bet it would be more if not for the vent holes..Just havent put the Dremel to it yet as Im still testing airflow patterns.

Back