Lian Li PC-X900 thread....

I guess the 3x140 rad in a x1000 is not enough with a minor mod? No need for an extra 120 rad.
Maybe a 2x140 and an extra 140 rad so you don't have to mod.
If I can find a x1000 for cheap on this forum or another I'll be all over it.

Last edited:
NCIX has it listed on their Canadian site but not the US one. Provantage shows it available for special order for $360 US.

Was super excited for this case regardless of price but I've calmed down a bit and will wait for a more reasonable price.

Sundial Micro has the X1000 for $329 and I see no reason why the X900 should be more being a smaller case. Has some nice features that I really want that add value but still....its a mid tower case!

I like the looks of the PC-X900 and certainly wouldn't mind having the red anodized one for the right price but Lian Li should of made the case larger and incorporated 140mm case fans in it instead of 120mm. It should of been the same size as the PC-X1000 except for removing the bottom chamber.

IfyouI want 140mm case fans the PC-X1000 is your case....case is almost identical to X900 but with 140mm fans.

I don't want 140mm fans because you are severely limited in fan choice. My fans of choice are Scythe Gentle Typhoons and are not made in 140mm.

Here is PC-X1000...

36533_large.jpg

IfyouI want 140mm case fans the PC-X1000 is your case....case is almost identical to X900 but with 140mm fans.

I don't want 140mm fans because you are severely limited in fan choice. My fans of choice are Scythe Gentle Typhoons and are not made in 140mm.

Here is PC-X1000...

36533_large.jpg

The PC-X1000 is taller than what I want with the bottom compartment and it doesn't come with the updated features of the PC-X900 including its anodized interior paint job as well as the side panel window.

Also 140mm fan options are certainly more expensive but all the options you need are available in the Noctua NF-P14 and Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3. The Gentle Typhoons wouldn't be my first choice for case fans because where they excel is on heatsinks due to their static pressure but with case fans in open air performance its all about CFM and the GT's are only average in that respect unless you intend to install AP-15's and run them at full speed all the time just to get 57 CFM.

^^^ Very nice! You're one of the first on [H] to have it! Did you buy it from performance-pc? Does the bottom HD cage not fit when you have the HX750W in? I have the same PSU as you.

Did you buy it from performance-pc?

I bought it in Hong Kong for ~US350(Stocks in HK have been available a month ago):p

Does the bottom HD cage not fit when you have the HX750W in? I have the same PSU as you.

Yes, it dose obstruct the modular cables of PSU. Besides, i remove the bottom cage since my system had 2 HDs only.:)

Can we install a 5970 video card and a corsair 1000w psu in this case? And what about the ssd, there he Adapters ? I hesitate between it and the 1000 version

Can we install a 5970 video card and a corsair 1000w psu in this case? And what about the ssd, there he Adapters ? I hesitate between it and the 1000 version

You probably have to remove one of the case fans to fit the 5970 comfortably. You also have to remove the bottom hard drive cage if you want to fit a long PSU.

this case looks outstanding. i have been itching for a new case. I have a TJ07 that works great right now but i kinda want something with a bit more refined quality, like the X900. on the other hand the 800d is a beast, but a little too idiot proof among other things i dislike about it.

for those of you that are thinking about a 3x120 rad up front, keep in mind the 305mm advertised width available for a vid card. low profile fans and low profile rad are going to be mandatory for this to fit.

i havent got my hands on mine yet. i ordered it yesterday. but, i did all the math and i had to go with the black ice extreme III 3x120 radiator at 25mm thick in order to fit my gtx295.

This case is great. The only thing - and this is a Lian Li issue of course is that I prefer a mostly steel case or at least a steel interior as I hear its quieter.

Its hard to get a handle on this issue because some people claim its pretty quiet. I don't need silence but I don't want it to drown yourself out.. What I really like about this design for me though is

1) I put the case ON TOP of my desk - so a case thats not long but high is advantageous as that vertical space isn't being used anyway.

2) I put bills and stuff on top of my case so designs like the FT02 while nice aren't really useful.

I have a really small place in NYC so space concerns are always an issue. Its a shame that Lian Li is so wedded to aluminum. Its not really the best case material..
Nice job on the build though - very nice cable management. How is the space behind the motherboard? Obviously its good enough..but just curious. Not sure my cable fu is as nice as that posters.

Yeah I had my eyes on this case for the longest time ever since they announced it. But I can't justify paying that much for it, and I don't foresee the price to drop anytime soon. I'm going to go with the Lian Li PC-P50WB for nearly half the price instead. I really like that the X900 is taller than it is deep, which is one major plus for me since I place it on the floor.

I mean seriously, that price for the red one is the same price as that crazy case from thermaltake.... nutso!

I mean seriously, that price for the red one is the same price as that crazy case from thermaltake.... nutso!

Er what?

The Level 10 is $800... the x900 Red is $450... black is $400...

That's roughly half the price. It's still expensive though, I think ~$300 is my limit on a high-end case... that's what I paid for an 800D roughly.

I really like this case but too expensive to upgrade from 800d for now =/

I found someWater-cooled PC-X900 pictures from other forum's posters, maybe useful for guys who want to build a simular system:)

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

just got my case today. still waiting on the mb from newegg....
i apologize for the quality...cell phone pics.

switched to some 12mm thick fans.
comp011.jpg

black ice extreme III rad. fans are mounted on the other side
comp012.jpg

not a single hole drilled, no cuts made. rad and fans use the stock fan shroud.
comp014.jpg

xspc single 120 rad fits perfect up top. i removed it though. less clutter looks better imo. if the 3x120 doesnt cool the hardware enough, ill put it back in.
comp017.jpg

this is as far as i have gotten. the lower 3 1/2 cage fits with room to spare, but i am not going to use it so i took it out. if i end up using the single rad up top, i will have to put it back in.
comp018.jpg

for size reference. this is a gtx280. same length as a 295.
comp019.jpg

next to my TJ07
comp021.jpg

if you guys need any specific pics, i would be more than glad to take them.

the case has great cable management features. half of which they do not show in the ads.

^^^It's funny because i read some guys on another site bashing it because of how they thought it would be a mess to cable. It's more of an air cooling case though, IMHO. I'd like to see a "tall" style case in the lancool line. It strikes me as a better way to cool components in general. But its pricey and for me I prefer steel and aluminum cases (like Silverstone and the Lancool)..

thanks for posting the pictures lion... close to buying one myself... with the lower hd cage, do you mean to say it doesn't work with the hx750 PSU at all? or you just removed it to make more space.

Got an X900 lately and will be posting pics of my build here, after I get my videocard vs. waterblock issue straightened out. (Some may have seen my post over in the water cooling forum.)

In the meantime I've been trying to get everything prepped. And I have a question: How the crap do you remove the power button? I was intending to put in a Bulgin switch, but the power button has no clips or pins or screws or anything and I haven't been able to find a way to get it out.

Yaya, your 12mm-fan idea intrigues me. I have been under the impression that those "Slip Stream" fans, particularly the thin variant, have fairly weak static pressure, though. Which implies that they would struggle with a thick/dense radiator like your BIX. Keep us informed on your results.... It would probably work fairly well on a Black Ice SR-1, though, the low-fin-density "optimized for low airflow" models.

Well, I figured out the trick to remove the X900's power switch. But it doesn't matter: the power-switch hole is 22mm diameter and a Bulgin-style "vandal resistant" switch just exactly falls right through it. A deliberate design choice by Lian Li, maybe? If so, an odd one.

My goal was to have a black button with an illuminated ring, as on my current rig. Vandal resistance is not an issue——if there is a vandal in my computer room I have bigger concerns than my power button.

Last edited:
Back