Lian Li PC-X900 thread....

$439 is the MSRP. NCIX (posted above) already has it for sale for $352.

This case is the same size as the FT02 rotated. The FT02 goes for $220-240 and the x900 will cost more than $400? Easy decision.

This case is the same size as the FT02 rotated. The FT02 goes for $220-240 and the x900 will cost more than $400? Easy decision.

+1
Maybe I'm spoiled and/or biased :D but basically we're looking at 2 cases with tons of intake fans, ignoring price here - FT02 has a better thermal setup since the heat of gpus won't rise up into the cpu HSF intake area.... anyone looking at this x900 I don't see how you don't take an FT02 instead if you want a better thermally designed case.

In other less important news LL continues their price hike. I remember when only a few LL cases were over $200 when I bought my V1000BW PlusII; now it seems like MOST LL cases are over $200 if they're anything other than a tweaked variant of the 7B PlusII. I just don't get it. Vote with your wallet - glad I went with the FT02 instead of another LL especially if they're going to continue with the case price gouging they've been doing for the last 6-8 months IMHO. :rolleyes:

I think the FT02 is a very nice case, but it is not the size I want. I place the computer under my desk, pretty much next to my legs when I'm sitting down. My desk is only 24" deep, so a case with a depth of 24" (like 800D, FT02, Raven... etc) will definitely stick out more than I want, and my legs and chair will hit the case if I were to spin my chair. The X900 fits the bill perfectly since it's shallow and not too tall to the point where it nearly hits the underside of my desk (so I can still place my headphone on top of the tower). Yeah I'm a bit anal but the measurement of the X900 is perfect for me. Oh and I hate door(s) on cases. Though we are all right about the price point, it should be ~$250 USD.

Final european prices (caseking.de), and you won't like them.
Caseking is quite good but a bit pricey for Lian Li stuff, I dare say EU prices on average will be better than this. However the current EU price does look very bad compared with the NCIX listing :( We need the PC-X900 to be £275 / €320 inc. VAT for approximate parity with North America.

Caseking is quite good but a bit pricey for Lian Li stuff, I dare say EU prices on average will be better than this. However the current EU price does look very bad compared with the NCIX listing :( We need the PC-X900 to be £275 / €320 inc. VAT for approximate parity with North America.

Unfortunately caseking is one of the few main European Lian Li distributors to other shops too, so i wouldn't be so sure about seeing lower pricing. You better not expect seeing this case bellow MSRP (and caseking is selling at MSRP) for first few months in Europe.

It's the usual "sell it for cheap in USA and get out money back in Europe" mentality, which is so true for most of IT stuff. :(

Yeah, both overpriced as special designs mostly are...
E-ATX full towers PC-A70 and PC-A71 are in same price class as FT02, whose hefty external measures don't translate into equal inside space.

Yeah, both overpriced as special designs mostly are...
E-ATX full towers PC-A70 and PC-A71 are in same price class as FT02, whose hefty external measures don't translate into equal inside space.

Dude, your criticisms are seriously off base. The FT02 blows away the pc-a70 and the pc-a71 and any other Lian Li stamped aluminum garbage all over the place. The reason the FT02 has "hefty external measures" is because the freaking motherboard tray is rotated. What is so hard to comprehend about that?

The PC-71B
Cons
-Annoying front door
-The Two intake fans are obstructed by the HDD rack and even the front door will limit air going through them.
-not up to par air cooling performance
-Ugly black square box. Even more boring looking than the FT02.
-Bad cable management features without modding.
-Made out of cheap thin flimsy stamped aluminum all over the place.

Strengths
-It's big so you can fit whatever you want inside and have plenty of room for hard drives. And mod how you like.

FT02
-SOLID unibody construction on the exterior. Feels like a tank.
-Great cable management features
-Great cooling
-Easy to clean dust filters.
-Interior/Side panels are made out of steel and are SOLID and do not rattle like what sometimes happens with the fully aluminum Lian Li cases.
-Very quiet for the air-cooling performance it has
-And at least the interior is powder coated black.

Weakness-
-Cheap HDD rack system
-Horrible top panel latching mechanism

Only a person who needed interior space of the a71b should get it over an ft02. Otherwise the FT02 blows the a71b away, and it's not even fair.

Silverstone owners are fanboys.

(Fanboys have the mentality of a grape)

It's funny how they crap in so many threads just to let everyone know that they own a fugly FT02.

Kinda like those morons you see in public who hold their iPhones/iPods out at almost arms length so more people will notice who cool they are.
weetodddiddp7.gif

Silverstone owners are fanboys.

(Fanboys have the mentality of a grape)

It's funny how they crap in so many threads just to let everyone know that they own a fugly FT02.

Kinda like those morons you see in public who hold their iPhones/iPods out at almost arms length so more people will notice who cool they are.
weetodddiddp7.gif

What a stupid post. Just because someone points out that a case from a particular manufacturer is better than another, that person is a fanboy? Are you sure you aren't the one with the brain size of a grape?

Do you know how many cases I've owned? I've actually owned MORE Lian Li and Coolermaster cases than Silverstone cases, and I've owned three or four freaking silverstone cases. And I've dissed Silverstone's customer service on the forums quite few times (but it does seem they are improving in that regard)

But I'm guessing you don't frequent this part of the forums much. E.T. basically acts like the a71 is the only good case in the world, and it's just not true. And that was the whole point of my post.

What a stupid post. Just because someone points out that a case from a particular manufacturer is better than another, that person is a fanboy? Are you sure you aren't the one with the brain size of a grape?

Do you know how many cases I've owned? I've actually owned MORE Lian Li and Coolermaster cases than Silverstone cases, and I've owned three or four freaking silverstone cases. And I've dissed Silverstone's customer service on the forums quite few times (but it does seem they are improving in that regard)

But I'm guessing you don't frequent this part of the forums much. E.T. basically acts like the a71 is the only good case in the world, and it's just not true. And that was the whole point of my post.

lol

So now you're saying "lol?" Why don't you actually try to defend your allegations instead of resorting to dumb non-specific internet leet speak?

Because then I'd look like an idiot. Understand? I don't need to constantly defend myself or have the last word. Grow up fanboy.

I don't need to constantly defend myself or have the last word.

it's cause you can't.

Anyway, we should get the thread back on track. I'm still interested to see pricing on the case. On Lian Li's website, it said it'd be available on april 20th, so what's going on?

NCIX has a mirror site set up for US customers.

The exchange is pretty close right now, so it would only be a few bucks different in price. Shipping would be the most costly though, but here's a tip: if you use regular mail (Canada Post) you can avoid the brokerage fees and even duties that you get charged when using UPS or similar.

Same goes for the opposite if I order something from the US and have it sent via USPS. :)

Last edited:
Because then I'd look like an idiot. Understand? I don't need to constantly defend myself or have the last word. Grow up fanboy.

If you don't need the last word, what was the "lol" for, exactly?

he probably likes to troll.

I too am disapointed in the ever increasing cost of Lian-Li products.

I am disappointed in the ever decreasing value of the US dollar due to government overspending....

Heard back from Performance PCs today. Price is $389.95 and case has arrived in USA.

I am disappointed in the ever decreasing value of the US dollar due to government overspending....

Yea that actually makes sense, sorta forgot about that :p

I still eventually want an X900 though... unless something better comes out..

Tempted to order from PPCs but I don't want it to order one and suddenly see it much cheaper a month from now on Newegg or something.

In stock at PPCs $400 for this case is freakin' silly. At that price, other LL cases are a much better deal like the x2000 which has been selling at newegg for months for $399, or the Corsair 800d or Silverstone ft02.

On the plus side, the anodized red version is only an extra $50 which is a pretty small price hike, although I still question the value of this case considering the price of the competition.

Well I disagree.. I think if you wanted to do a big internal watercooling setup the X900 is the way to go... you can fit a 360 rad up front, and a 120 on the back... wouldn't work in the x1000 without modifying...

You would have to remove the bottom HDD cage in the x900 but you have I think 4 more up top.

Well I disagree.. I think if you wanted to do a big internal watercooling setup the X900 is the way to go... you can fit a 360 rad up front, and a 120 on the back... wouldn't work in the x1000 without modifying...

You would have to remove the bottom HDD cage in the x900 but you have I think 4 more up top.

but then you can't fit full length video cards

Also true...but is that 12" cards or 10.5" ? I'd only be putting 10.5" cards in there..

Back