Lian Li PC-Q21 , sweet case

gymfan

n00b
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_pp9mVwJw

I just saw the youtube video, I'm really impressed with this case but I'm wondering if anyone has this case. I have a question about the side panel about someone saying they cant close side with GTX 970 mini because power connector is on the side. The only mini-itx GPU that is powerful is the Nano that has connector on the top.

I really want this case too, but man its like impossible to find any reviews on it, all the google searches are from complex 2015 and it's not even available in Canada only place i find that has it on sale is newegg.com

I really want this case too, but man its like impossible to find any reviews on it, all the google searches are from complex 2015 and it's not even available in Canada only place i find that has it on sale is newegg.com

I tried to help You, but i also couldn't find this case somewhere else than newegg. Maybe it's some kind of the company policy. PC-Q21 is tbh a bigger brother of dondan's A4 (8,6 L>7,25 L), and maybe Lian Li just don't want to make a huge competition for it (A4). At this moment people want A4 because it's more compact pc case, and even more than 3 times higher price probably won't change it (to be fair i have to say that A4 has an huge advantage over PC-Q21 because of using long graphic cards). From such company's point of view it would be better of selling 2000 cases for $230 than 4000 for $69. Maybe they switched their own production of PC-Q21 to more perspective A4?

How is this the bigger brother? It only fits ITX GPUs. It's a bigger case with less options (except for the ODD), not a related case in any way.

But I agree, of all ITX cases LianLi makes, this one of the more compelling options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_pp9mVwJw

I just saw the youtube video, I'm really impressed with this case but I'm wondering if anyone has this case. I have a question about the side panel about someone saying they cant close side with GTX 970 mini because power connector is on the side. The only mini-itx GPU that is powerful is the Nano that has connector on the top.

Looks like an improved version of the PC-Q11, decent case, but airflow is severely lacking and I speak from experience. Choose your components carefully.

How is this the bigger brother? It only fits ITX GPUs. It's a bigger case with less options (except for the ODD), not a related case in any way.

But I agree, of all ITX cases LianLi makes, this one of the more compelling options.

100% correct. This is an evolution of the PC-Q11, which was an evolution of the PC-Q07. It in no way attempts to do what the Dan's A4 is or does...well other than house components for a PC. ;)

The biggest advantage to lian -li cases, compared to the A4 and other small case builders, is you can often get them for less than a $100 on sale at newegg. I don't think I've paid more than $100 for an LL case with the exception of my first LL case.

Last edited:
You think a fan at the bottom blowing air up to the GPU would keep the whole system cool? I really like this case but my only worry is someone said you cant close sidedoor with GPUs too tall, and every single GPU is around 120mm, and has power connector on the side

He said if you have a connector like the Nano(on the front), it would be perfect though. Anyone have ideas on how to close side panel if its too tall? Im a noob at modding

I literally cant find any user builds or if it is possible to use a mini itx GPU with connector on the side instead of the front like the Nano. and the Nano is the only card i see having the front one

Looks like it's possible if the PCB is not oversized and you're using a modded PEG connector.

There are Sapphire ITX AMD cards as well, don't know which chips though.

There is a review at Hardware Slave. Looks great, no temperature measurements though.

Do you think PSU fan should be facing CPU cooler or side panel? The video by Lian Li OP linked indicates the former, manual on their home page the latter.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
my case
1-LIAN LI PC-Q21B

i had gtx 750 ti evga 17cm , worked good
idle 33 and load 62
optional : fan 120x120x15

now waiting gtx 950 evga :D

I recommend maximum vga 18cm (connector vertical with hdd 3.5) (connector horizontal with 2.5)
and gtx 970 may be neccesary adapter low profile
Sleeved PCI-E 8 or 6 pin 90 degree right pwr cable low profile from PCI-E 8 pin

Isn't it the sasus strix gtx 750? I just looked it on Asus webpage and it's 196mm long (not sure how they measure it though).

So if the card is not taller than standard, does a side 6-pin pcie fit easly?

Also, does the botton 120mm silm fan fit work in there? I does seem to get way too close to the GPU and might not be as optimal.

Please post more information and pictures of your build after you get the gtx 950 :))

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been eyeing up this case but I'm not confident in the airflow being ay good.

Can you mount a fan on the front inside like the Q11?

I just finished this build with a Q02, check it out! goo.gl/cK2fXq

I just wish they made place for a fan in the front, that would have been perfect.

Wow, it looks pretty cool! How did you make that M1 look-a-like front panel? Do you have pictures from when you were modding it?

Wow, it looks pretty cool! How did you make that M1 look-a-like front panel? Do you have pictures from when you were modding it?

I actually made two! haha =)) Both made out of wood, far from perfect but I'm happy with the results.

Here's the log for the Lian li case: goo.gl/XJRW8M

Last edited:
Back