Lian Li PC-A70 Power & Reset Switch Replacement

fantomau

2[H]4U
I have the Lian Li PC-A70b case and I want to use a bulgin switch for the power button, But the power and reset switch is a plunger/spring type switches that presses on a circuit board on the front, Like in these pics:

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Lian_Li_PC-A70/09.jpg

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Lian_Li_PC-A70/12.jpg

This is what the switch looks like:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/PC-A7X-Switch_01.jpg

I need a reset switch thats wired and will fit in the hole, Then I could remove the circuit board and bracket and use a bulgin switch.

Any ideas where I could get a small reset switch that will fit in the reset switch hole?

This is how it looks with the switch installed (Sweet looking), But cant use the reset switch:

This is how the front panel looks without the switches:

All I need is a reset switch thats wired that will fit into the smaller hole and reach to the mobo reset switch header.

I would guestimate the hole to be about 6mm-8mm in size.

Grab a hacksaw and cut away the power-button part of that little circuit board. Something like these red lines:

98c2u0.jpg

That'll remove the part of the board that interferes with the Bulgin switch but leave you the two screw holes to remount the board. And then you can remove the power-switch cabling from the board, too.

To be honest, IMO your better off getting both bulgin, it will look sleeker. My reset button is a bulgin and the led is the HDD activity, looks pretty cool and it matches the power button. I dont know that you can find just a reset button like that, other than finding one, I think the only other solution is to turn it upside down, and find a new way to mount it.

That board does pretty much nothing, it's just used to mount the little momentary switches behind the moving "button" part.

Replace both switches -- they're momentary on/off -- they make contact only when you push the button in. So cut the wires, keep track of the polarity, and solder them on to the new switches. Problem solved.

Or, you could just pull the board and original wires out, and run your own wires. Find something to steal the little plastic pin header things off of, solder the new wires on to them, and again problem solved. It's a fairly simple mod.

That board does pretty much nothing, it's just used to mount the little momentary switches behind the moving "button" part.

Replace both switches -- they're momentary on/off -- they make contact only when you push the button in. So cut the wires, keep track of the polarity, and solder them on to the new switches. Problem solved.

I'd still need to find a switch small enough to fit where the original reset switch was.

To be honest, IMO your better off getting both bulgin, it will look sleeker. My reset button is a bulgin and the led is the HDD activity, looks pretty cool and it matches the power button. I dont know that you can find just a reset button like that, other than finding one, I think the only other solution is to turn it upside down, and find a new way to mount it.

I cant used 2 bulgin switches, 1 yes, 2 no, Because the hole for the reset switch is very small,

I cant used 2 bulgin switches, 1 yes, 2 no, Because the hole for the reset switch is very small,

Afraid of the drill? (Or ideally, drill-press) If you make a pattern and clamp it down then use a drill press with a bit for metal you should be good to go.

I dont have any tools to do stuff like that, Nor any place to even attempt it, Living in a upstairs apt.

No Dremel? Could grind it out to fit, just go slow. Everybody modding needs a Dremel. ;)

(If you don't have one you can pick up a kit for like... $65. I love mine.)

No Dremel? Could grind it out to fit, just go slow. Everybody modding needs a Dremel. ;)

(If you don't have one you can pick up a kit for like... $65. I love mine.)

dremels are rubbish because the blade is soo flimsy that it breaks soo easily. a jigsaw is better :p

Back