Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
My previous case was a Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic in white. Not the best case in terms of heat airflow but a pleasure to work in and a real visual spectacle. Also made me a Lian-Li convert.

I made some recent upgrades to my CPU/GPU that just overwhelmed the case both physically and thermally. I want to take the plunge to custom water cooling soon, but for now I needed a case that had a bigger layout for my video card and enough airflow to not hear fans again. If I can get wet in the future with the same case, even better.

Came down to two cases for me. This LL Lancool II Mesh Performance, or the fairly recent Phanteks p500a. On paper, with more 140mm fans that was my first choice but it is hard to find right now. Well let me say, I don't regret this Lian-Li one bit.

IMG_0255.JPG

Very easy case to work in. The one and only drawback to me is although you can fit two 140mm in the top, you can't fit a 280mm rad. And it's so f'ing close I can taste it but too bad.

IMG_0257.JPGIMG_0258.JPG

I love the two cover panels for the cable management. It's a matching glass door just like the other side so this way your cables are concealed no matter how shitty they look!

That's a 1200w PSU and it almost looks small in there. In front of it is a sliding rail for the triple HDD cage but I'm thinking that's a great place to set a pump.

IMG_0265.JPG

The two 120's above the PSU are legit (well fuck ML120's, I just mean the location). They get unrestricted and relatively "fresh" air through the mesh flip up panel that covers the psu

IMG_0259.JPG

This last pic just shows what the optional diffused RGB strip looks like. When I first pulled it out of the packaging I was dumbfounded at why it be made in a white plastic body but in the end installed correctly it looks great. If you're into that sort of thing.

IMG_0260.JPG

Sure my pics suck, lol, but I figured I share a recommendation for this case. Plan to post a couple more when I mount the GPU vertically. The riser cable that comes with the bracket is ridiculously long, like it reaches the cpu socket long, so I'm waiting on a good 4.0 exact fitting one comes in.

Oh and if you don't get the RGB version of the case you get a fan controller in the top. It isn't bad, will run 6 PWM fans. But the low, medium and high are "silent, fucking loud, and just a fucking bit louder". There's a fourth position that runs off of a motherboard header to turn it over to that but I stupidly put in CPU_OPT the only header that I can't control for some reason so it's still 100%. Anyways, still happy with that.

And yes I stickered the fuck out of my new case. Quarantine been long and boring, everything I own has at least 15 pieces of flair, lol.

Good times, thanks for reading.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Been trying to get a P500A for my next build, but they seem impossible to get right now. Might end up going with this if I can't get a P500A by build time.

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
Been trying to get a P500A for my next build, but they seem impossible to get right now. Might end up going with this if I can't get a P500A by build time.

That was also my first choice, but I gotta say, I am soooo happy with my purchase now. I have been waiting on several little bits and pieces to finish the build correctly and the last came in yesterday. Now that it's totally complete and all the cables are managed I don't regret this at all.

IMG_0268.JPG

The big thing was ditching the Corsair ML120's for some Noctua's. Whereas the middle and top fan controller positions were pretty loud/even louder, now middle is nearly silent and the highest is tolerable for gaming easily. Really don't know why anyone buys Corsair fans, and I'm a huge fan of Corsair (ha). For reference, the fan controller is running the three 120's in the picture and the two 140's in the top. Front rad 120's are run off the H150i. They're Arctic P12's and they don't make a peep even on max.

I really can't knock this case anywhere. It's not for everyone, but this fills its intended role rather well.

somebrains

[H]ard|Gawd
ML fans are good for those 60mm+ giant rads where a Vardar or Noctua ippc is too loud.
Kinda like driving a Hellcat in traffic, lots of noise in the wrong use case.

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
From what I understand, the ones that you buy are better (afa acoustics, at least) than the ones that come with CLCs, but I haven't owned a retail corsair fan to compare.

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
The PCIe riser cable that comes with the vertical GPU bracket looks nicely made, but is stupid long. It reaches the CPU socket. I never bothered since it would be folded over itself and smashed against the GPU backplate.

FWIW, this cable is a perfect fit.

IMG_0273.JPG

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
You can fit 2x140mm and a 120mm in the front if you want to max it out. I hate having gaps so this pleases me.

IMG_0361.JPG

Also, you can fit your WiFi antennae inside if you like, lol.

IMG_0362.JPG

123Lanoix

2[H]4U
How dark is the glass? Does it have dual TG ? and what is the point of that?

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
It is glass on both sides, but the backside has cover panels for your cable management so it still looks clean. The point? It's wicked quick to open the panels and take them off to work on at least. I had to take the system completely apart this morning to remove the motherboard, take off the IO internal cover and tighten up the wifi connectors. An absolute joy to work in.

The glass isn't tinted.

xMAGIUSx

n00b
Looking for a new case, thanks for your review. Still trying to decide wether this or P500!
I’m a video card away from having completed a new build in a P500A.

It seems remarkably similar to this case, however I was able to mount a 280mm radiator to the top and 3 140mm fans on the front. That gives it the edge if you ask me.

I specifically wanted the non-rgb version of the case which allowed me to get one without much trouble. I see the RGB P500A has been out of stock for quite a while.