LhasaCM's closet cleaning sale - Year 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LhasaCM

[H]ard|Gawd
Preamble

In the putting together of the rack and getting things just right, I've been experimenting a bit with a number of items. I also am way too impulsive in buying new shiny things, without really thinking through the implications. Let my short-sightedness be your gain!

In case anyone is interested, previous sales can be seen here: Year 1 and Year 2

General Terms and Conditions
  • Let's keep it to Paypal
  • Except for the cases, all prices below include shipping to the east coast at my convenience. In most cases, shipping would be USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Insurance would be extra. Another shipping option may be extra. Shipping outside of the lower 48 states or to a non APO address may be extra. Because I took a small bath on a few things shipped the first time, I'll be charging extra for shipping away from the east coast. Basically, it looks like the zone chart reads like a time zone chart. So - add $1.50 for Central time, $3.00 for Mountain time, and $4.50 for Pacific time. This won't be needed for smaller items...so this just lays out the "worst case" scenario for you, the buyer. (When possible, I try to use the flat rate boxes)
  • Buying multiple items will result in a lower price (since shipping costs will be lower). How much lower depends upon the items.
  • Packaging would include the tried and true "anti-static bag if necessary/bubble wrap/peanuts in box" method. For smaller/more fragile items, I'll also use the "box within a box" approach.
  • All sales are final and "as-is." Part of the reason for coming on here and setting what (I hope) are low prices is my primary goal of getting these things out of my place and into some place where they can be used. Everything is working right now.
  • I'm not sure where the camera is, so if there's something you're really interested in but would like photos, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  • Since it's a fairly busy time of year for me at work, it'll probably take me a day to respond to any PM's (depending on whether or not I get a lunch break and when messages come in). So, please try to be patient
  • Generally speaking, most of the items below are by default without the various extra goodies that might've come with them originally. I do have manuals and driver disks for most of them, however. I also have some extra SATA cables/IDE cables/etc., so if that's a "make or break" proposition for you, please let me know and I'll see what I can hunt down in the closet.
  • I believe in the "dibs" system. I'll respond to PMs in the order in which they are received. Since I'm asking you to give me a day to respond, I'll give you a day to confirm interest before considering something sold. If it fizzles out, I move on to the 2nd person to express interest.
  • As available, pictures will be uploaded onto my Flickr account. Right now, there's just old stuff up there.

Heatware is LhasaCM

Paypal is lhasacm at verizon dot net

Motherboards

eVGA Classified 760 (x58 chipset) . This is a rarity for me, in that it has the original box and all of the unique original accessories (missing the SATA cables but it has the SLI bridges, crossfire bridges, the eVGA OC Control Panel, and of course the IO shield). Also just pulled from a working machine. Way more motherboard than I needed, and tons more than I need now, but I'm only getting rid of it because it's a little bit deeper than a normal ATX motherboard, so doesn't fit in the case I'm using for my HTPC. $180 shipped

Intel D945GCLF2 mini ITX motherboard with Atom 330 CPU Bought it to use for home server way back when. As home server needs grew, this became obsolete. No longer any need to hang onto it. $55 shipped

Processors

Intel Celeron 450 OEM. Socket 775. Great for troubleshooting, I guess. That's why I bought it. $20 shipped

Video Cards

VisionTek Radeon HD 4670. I think the fan was too noisy for my tastes or something silly like that.$40 shipped

Other Cards

2x WinTV 2250 Bare card. $65 each shipped

ATi TV Wonder PCT Internal USB (the bottom picture on this site) Replaced this with a Ceton tuner. Worked well before it wasn't needed anymore. $120 shipped

Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 with 1 good SAS to 4 SATA cable and 1 SAS to 4 SATA cable that has one of the SATA connectors cracked. This was a "both places say they are out of stock so I will see what arrives first and then return the second but I forgot to return the second." Never used. $80 shipped

2x Addonics 5x1 SATA Port Multiplier $30 each shipped

Cases

Norco DS-500 with a Norco 4618 PCI-X eSATA card - I bought this a while back in an attempt to house more hard drives in my home server, ended up giving up and buying a Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 card and a bigger case instead. I think I also added a 3-pin cable from a Noctua fan to slow down the stock fan. Price: $90 plus shipping and supplies

General note about shipping the cases
Buyer will pay actual shipping costs plus a small amount (~$10) to cover the cost of bubble wrap/peanuts/boxes to supplement the foam and boxes I have around, since I don't have a large enough place to actually keep the original boxes. Actual amount may vary, but I don't want to go through the trouble of figuring it out if nobody's even interested. PM me if you're interested, I'll give you a quick quote, and if you don't choke on that, I'll refine it. If you're in the DC area, we could probably work out an in-person delivery/pickup and avoid that hassle for a small fee.

Stuff Sold
4x1GB OCZ Reaper PC2 8500 Dual Channel memory
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard (x58 chipset)
Intel Q9300
ASUS Maximus Formula (x38 chipset)
Norco RPC-450 4U Rackmount Case
XFX Radeon HD 5870

Last edited:
Caught up on PM's, and added a picture of the P6T Deluxe socket so folks can see how it looks.

caught up on PMs. As far as where things stand (since a number of items are pending) - a few folks have already expressed interest in the P6T and the 5870 video card.

caught up on PMs. Expect first batch of shipments to be made on Friday AM (sorry for the delay). As far as where a few things stand: the 5870 is up in the air (waiting to hear back from an interested party) as are the Q9300 and Maximus Formula. Not yet sold, so they're still technically available, but there's a line forming.

As updated above: sale is pending on the 5870. Everything else is available at the moment.

good morning bump - on my way to the post office in an hour or so...

updated the list of items sold. Since my wife wants me to unexplode the closet, whatever doesn't sell this weekend will go back into storage or be recycled.

dropped the price on the eVGA board; updated list of items sold. Only a couple of days left before I give up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back