LG's 2016 OLED series (E6,B6,G6,C6)

Are you looking at Crutchfield or something? Because I still see these going for less than $2k at most places. The C6 is back up to $2.5k, which is the MSRP from LG.

Looking at LG's website and major retailers (e.g. Best Buy). Specifically, the 65" models. They are up $1000 from what they were.

FYI, the new B6 firmware is out, and in a strange turn of events, it is now the fastest OLED out there.

1080p @ 60Hz : 27.6 ms
4k @ 60Hz : 27.8 ms
4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 28.5 ms

Very impressive LG. Now give me a band free set and I'll jump back on!

My C6 OLED has arrived. Gaming on this thing is pure bliss, looks incredible running at native 4K (sitting about 4 ft away). Haven't had any issues with the input lag, feels comparable to my old EC9300 running in Game mode.

iGUb.png
I so envy you, that you like it.

I was considering this and this picture actually made me decide not to buy, because of the reflections. Can you please do any picture in dark scene - some cave etc.?

Anyways that you so much for sharing real foto from real dimmed environment.

These have been around for ~9 months now. Any early adopters of these care to comment on how they've been holding up? Image retention problems, pixel issues, color integrity?

These have been around for ~9 months now. Any early adopters of these care to comment on how they've been holding up? Image retention problems, pixel issues, color integrity?
I had mine since July and ot does get ir if i game for hours or leave the desktop up but you can only see it on a light grey screen and it goes away very fast. I cam form a plasma and its much much much better in ir.
I habe some odd issues with hdr on netflix and Amazon where the colors get all crazy some times till i restart the stream.
As for as the other stuff you said its just as good if not better then day one

No real problems on my end with daily usage. Unless I'm looking for it (i.e. setting the screen to solid grey), there's no visible image retention. That includes playing video games with static huds.

Mine has been 100% solid. Still jaw dropping image quality, 100% satisfied. 4K gaming on it is just absolutely stunning. Especially PS4 games that are in 4K and have HDR>

I still can't believe the price on these things. 2017 models are coming in hot and the 2016 models are going *UP* in price. Still waiting for the 65" to drop to $2500 in store like they were in Microcenter back in December.

In order for that to happen, OLEDs have to sell significantly more than they're selling now, so that the price drops, and we can finally rid ourselves of LCDs. Unfortunately, even the best 50" and smaller TVs have terrible quality.

Still wishing they would make a 50" OLED. My office cant fit a 55" screen

Are you talking about Width vs Diagonally? The 55" OLEDS widths are under 50"

B6P - Dimensions (WxHxD) 48.4 x 28.1 x 1.9" / 122.9 x 71.4 x 4.8 cm Without stand
48.4 x 29.9 x 8.9" / 122.9 x 76.0 x 22.6 cm With stand

C6P - Dimensions 48.2 x 28.1 x 1.9" / 122.4 x 71.4 x 4.8 cm Without stand
48.2 x 30.0 x 7.5" / 122.4 x 76.2 x 19.1 cm With stand

Are you talking about Width vs Diagonally? The 55" OLEDS widths are under 50"

B6P - Dimensions (WxHxD) 48.4 x 28.1 x 1.9" / 122.9 x 71.4 x 4.8 cm Without stand

I have a tape measure, my limit is a hard 48" wide. I'm actually leaning towards a 43" so i have at least a little room on the sides. Looking at the Sony XBR43X800D as the next step up after that is 49" Samsungs/Sony's in the $1000 range.

I have a tape measure, my limit is a hard 48" wide. I'm actually leaning towards a 43" so i have at least a little room on the sides. Looking at the Sony XBR43X800D as the next step up after that is 49" Samsungs/Sony's in the $1000 range.

In that case the Sony or Samsung are definitely the best options especially with much lower prices nowadays making way for the new sets

Hi guys I was wondering what your take would be on me and my display. I bought it last August for 4,000 and every time I shut down my nvidia shield box I notice vignetting on the edges of the tv. Attached are a few pictures....should I press for a replacement? rightside.jpg rightside2.jpgif you're wondering why the pics are different shades I switched it over to PC Mode in the 2nd picture

Hi guys I was wondering what your take would be on me and my display. I bought it last August for 4,000 and every time I shut down my nvidia shield box I notice vignetting on the edges of the tv. Attached are a few pictures....should I press for a replacement? View attachment 19885 View attachment 19886if you're wondering why the pics are different shades I switched it over to PC Mode in the 2nd picture

Does it happen on other content like movies, colors, and etc? If so would suggest to do so since your still within the year.

Hi guys I was wondering what your take would be on me and my display. I bought it last August for 4,000 and every time I shut down my nvidia shield box I notice vignetting on the edges of the tv. Attached are a few pictures....should I press for a replacement? View attachment 19885 View attachment 19886if you're wondering why the pics are different shades I switched it over to PC Mode in the 2nd picture

What model is that? Is that a B6? Vignetting was common on the 2015 models, not as much on the '16 ones.

Does it happen on other content like movies, colors, and etc? If so would suggest to do so since your still within the year.

I've only really noticed it when shutting down the nvidia shield. LG suggested I clear the panel noise which I did. As far as tv watching goes on another input or ps4 on another input I don't notice any issues. I'd prefer to return it if they're willing to give me a replacement. Is there any way to do a uniformity test? I can't remember if that's possible.

Yeah I'd see if they are willing to replace it, if it bothers you. Prepare for them arguing it is within spec, though. (Not saying that's correct, just stand your ground that it's a defect.)

I'ts been almost two months since my 65" B6 tv arrived and not a single day has passed that I don't get amazed at the beautiful image quality of this tv. It's an out of this world difference in comparison with all the other tvs I've seen ever.

I still don't use it for gaming because I've got to read more tips to avoid burn in and image retention.

Just don't play super long sessions (> 2 hours) and you should be totally fine with your TV.

It appears that there's a new firmware update dated 6/15/2017. Anyone have any experience with the new firmware?

It appears that there's a new firmware update dated 6/15/2017. Anyone have any experience with the new firmware?

I loaded the new firmware, but I didn't really notice much of a difference. I haven't had many issues with mine except for the HDR stuff with Mass Effect, which drives me crazy.

Don't notice any differences from this update. Updated to the previous one before the latest earlier yesterday and bygawd finally that stupid half screen image tearing finally went away in shadow warriors 2 HDR mode.

Youll be fine....I have two C6s and a C7....no burn in. You will tire of the tv and want a new model before it fails you.

I actually do worry about burn in. There's a rather large thread on avsforum with documented cases of burn in, visible on orange and red backgrounds (see below). I'd be weary of leaving the TV displaying CNN all day for example, or any other station with static opaque logos.
There's also the worry of uneven wear from watching letterbox content. Black bars means those pixels are off. They are not wearing evenly with the pixels that are constantly on during the movie.
My OLED phone (~2 years old, used daily) has a major case of uneven wear. There's a very clear difference in color where the black nav bar resides at the bottom of the screen.
That being said, my LG B6 looks good so far. Though I haven't put on any bright red or orange backgrounds looking for retention, nor do I have reason to.

037iaRJ.jpg

Both my 65" B6 and 55" C6 have no signs of any burn in or IR after hundreds of hours of use.

I like how the prices have started to come down, don't know how it looks like in US but here in Finland last black friday there was this awesome special deal at 1799 EUR for the B6V (1000€ off!) but now the normal price is around that and right now with summer sales it can be had for 1500€ which is starting to get really nice but I've decided that I prefer the slight improvements of B7V so waiting for Black Friday 2017 with hopefully some good deals on it. :)

I like how the prices have started to come down, don't know how it looks like in US but here in Finland last black friday there was this awesome special deal at 1799 EUR for the B6V (1000€ off!) but now the normal price is around that and right now with summer sales it can be had for 1500€ which is starting to get really nice but I've decided that I prefer the slight improvements of B7V so waiting for Black Friday 2017 with hopefully some good deals on it. :)

When I went to pick up LG C7 the B6/C6 were on clearance for $1600 at local FRYs a few weeks ago. New C7 is around $2500 now so the prices are coming down.

Got meself the LG C7 last month... wow. I just can't stop gaming now. ))) This is what you ever wanted from a monitor. The best monitor I ever had. Since the CRT days. For gaming. And general stuff. Actually, you can do anything on it.
I simply can not believe how awesome it is. If anyone is on the fence - get it! Forget all this "gaming monitors" bs, this is the one you want.

From what I have read/heard the new C7 is the model to get. Still very pricey though from a pc gaming perspective.

Im going to keep my b6 till they add 4k120 to a model. As for ir/burn in no burn in but it does get ir that you can see on a gray screen but it goes away very rapidly and i habe never noticed and on regular viewing. I uesed a plamsa before and the oled is miles ahead in everthing including ir. If people can pick them up for $1600 you would be an idiot to pass it up if you are looking for an amazing tv/ monitor

20170712_012207.jpg
well fuck me i think my tv died while i was gaming blue, orange yellow and greens get weird lines though it even form the tv apps

Got meself the LG C7 last month... wow. I just can't stop gaming now. ))) This is what you ever wanted from a monitor. The best monitor I ever had. Since the CRT days. For gaming. And general stuff. Actually, you can do anything on it.
I simply can not believe how awesome it is. If anyone is on the fence - get it! Forget all this "gaming monitors" bs, this is the one you want.

Uh it doesn't even have variable refresh. It's fucking crap for gaming. Give me a break dude.

I could never go back to a 60Hz display that requires V-Sync - especially when it adds 20ms latency on top of that.
Once they support 4K 120Hz VRR, I'll probably pick up an OLED.
Hopefully LG's OLEDs will have a good blur reduction mode by then too.
Sony's use of Black Frame Insertion is a good step, but they're literally just drawing black frames which halves the usable refresh rate, instead of driving the panel differently and reducing the duty cycle.

I could never go back to a 60Hz display that requires V-Sync - especially when it adds 20ms latency on top of that.
Once they support 4K 120Hz VRR, I'll probably pick up an OLED.
Hopefully LG's OLEDs will have a good blur reduction mode by then too.
Sony's use of Black Frame Insertion is a good step, but they're literally just drawing black frames which halves the usable refresh rate, instead of driving the panel differently and reducing the duty cycle.

Isnt added lag from vsync dependant on the game itself? Pretty sure some games add more and others less. But yes VRR like gsync is nice. Being able to cap the fps 5hz below the ceiling for no tears/stutters/addedvsync lag is great.

Isnt added lag from vsync dependant on the game itself? Pretty sure some games add more and others less. But yes VRR like gsync is nice. Being able to cap the fps 5hz below the ceiling for no tears/stutters/addedvsync lag is great.
The TV has 20ms latency on top of whatever V-Sync lag is in games - typically 50ms or more at 60Hz. So 70ms+.
Compare that to a G-Sync monitor where total lag is going to be <30ms at 60 FPS, and less at higher framerates.

Back