LG's 2016 OLED series (E6,B6,G6,C6)

I don't have troubles in going from 1440p 110hz to 4k 60hz at all. I recently play a lot the Shadow of Warrior 2 game in 4k HDR 60hz, the game has crazy amount of action, and I don't have any problems with lag, unless it's multiplayer where you sometimes would have couple seconds of lag between you swing the sword and the guy falling apart but that is game engine bug. In single player it is instantaneous.
The HDR btw looks crazy awesome. Like I already mentioned since I bought the display I game like a crazy bitch. I've put 55 hours in Shadow of Warrior 2 game since I bought the display last month, never played it before. I also played the Middle Earth shadow of mordor game -- mindblowing! Put about 30 hours into the game. It is on a break currently because I installed the HD pack and the game started stuttering. One 1080ti is not enough for it. Next week I will hopefully get the second 1080ti for SLI and will plunge into slashing the orcs again.
This monitor is a gaming galore, 60hz is plenty. Haven't gamed like that for many years. It is awesome.

I don't have troubles in going from 1440p 110hz to 4k 60hz at all. I recently play a lot the Shadow of Warrior 2 game in 4k HDR 60hz, the game has crazy amount of action, and I don't have any problems with lag, unless it's multiplayer where you sometimes would have couple seconds of lag between you swing the sword and the guy falling apart but that is game engine bug. In single player it is instantaneous.
The HDR btw looks crazy awesome. Like I already mentioned since I bought the display I game like a crazy bitch. I've put 55 hours in Shadow of Warrior 2 game since I bought the display last month, never played it before. I also played the Middle Earth shadow of mordor game -- mindblowing! Put about 30 hours into the game. It is on a break currently because I installed the HD pack and the game started stuttering. One 1080ti is not enough for it. Next week I will hopefully get the second 1080ti for SLI and will plunge into slashing the orcs again.
This monitor is a gaming galore, 60hz is plenty. Haven't gamed like that for many years. It is awesome.
110Hz seems awfully specific. Is that an overclocked Korean monitor you're talking about, not a G-Sync monitor?
High refresh rate monitors are not the same thing as G-Sync.
G-Sync/VRR is much lower latency if you don't want screen tearing.

There's nothing special about OLED which makes 60Hz on it somehow different than 60Hz on an LCD monitor.

110Hz seems awfully specific. Is that an overclocked Korean monitor you're talking about, not a G-Sync monitor?
High refresh rate monitors are not the same thing as G-Sync.
G-Sync/VRR is much lower latency if you don't want screen tearing.

There's nothing special about OLED which makes 60Hz on it somehow different than 60Hz on an LCD monitor.
It's not about 60hz being different on the OLED, it's the awesomeness of the whole package.
I've had gsync monitors, and there is nothing crazy about the gsync. The 110hz is the Korean monitor, yes.
If I had to choose between HDR and Gsync I would choose HDR without even thinking. To me, gsync is a nice addition but certainly not something I would specifically go for. Also the upcoming HDMI 2.1 will most likely bury the gsync anyway. There will be some tests that will insist that gync is still smoother but few people will give a damn about it, having hdmi 2.1 displays widely available and compatible with any gpu manufacturer.

hi all, first time poster on this site. I just ordered a b6 and i'm super excited to replace my old 4k vizio p502ui with an oled with hdr but I read on rtings that it doesn't support chroma 4:4:4 when in a HDR picture mode. Is that true? I have a NVIDIA 1080 gtx and I want to use it for work as a PC monitor and a Gaming machine and i'd like to be able to have both 4:4:4 and HDR enabled at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back