LGA775 Heatsink Backplates

Ghekkus

n00b
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
7
I've been reading a few reviews on NewEgg and TigerDirect that these types of backplates have been causing shorts in certain motherboards when you remove the paper backing which the instruction tell you to do.

backve6.jpg


Do you think it would be alright to leave it on when mounting or possibly add something else to keep it from possibly shorting things out? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Ghekk
 
Do you think it would be alright to leave it on when mounting

A lot of us have done the "Leave the stickie paper on the Backplate" mod. :D

Works just fine and solves a few sticky problems!
 
Ever since the days of the back plate on the TT Big Typhoon I have always left the paper on the stickie side of any back plate or spacer on any air cooler HSF and I've never had any problemos. ( IMO it's impossible to change motherboards and hardware otherwise :rolleyes: )

I use WC'ing on all my main rigs now and there is no way in hell I'd go back to air on them :p (although IMO it's much cheaper and easier to use air on a dedicated folder :cool: )

 
Back
Top