LG to make a 42" OLED panel in 2021!

///AMG

2[H]4U
I don't think it's worth the upgrade for just an increase in PPI but that's just my own opinion. Personally I'm going to upgrade only when the "OLED EVO" technology gets added to the 42" panel, I'm willing to buy a G series OLED if I must.
Im not buying it for ppi I’m buying it because the CX48 is a bit too big for me and the 42” would be a lot more comfortable.

Seyumi

Limp Gawd
I don't think it's worth the upgrade for just an increase in PPI but that's just my own opinion. Personally I'm going to upgrade only when the "OLED EVO" technology gets added to the 42" panel, I'm willing to buy a G series OLED if I must.

I may be in the same boat as you, but it depends on much better the "EVO" panels are. Id prefer to have a 42~48" OLED, but I'd take a better quality/brightness OLED anyday and stick again with a 55". If it's something dumb like ~50 NITS more then I'll pass, but if we're getting into the 1000 NIT range for those small windows, then I'll probably get the EVO (HDR 2~10% window peak is roughly 724-725 NITS per RTings for the LG48X). I'm actually more concerned for the 25~100% windows, as this is more real-world and noticeable in my opinion than having some blinding candle light or whatnot, especially with bright scenes such as snow or daylight in games.

HDR.JPG

Last edited: