LG Claims Up to 22 Hours of Battery Life for Its New Gram Laptops

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Ahead of CES, LG has announced its refreshed range of thin and light Gram laptops: this year’s models maintain just over two pounds for the 13.3- and 14-inch models, and 2.4 pounds for the larger 15-inch version. The 13.3-inch model will last up to 22.5 hours, with the 14-inch at 21.5 hours and the 15-inch version at 19 hours.

The new models continue to be the most easy-to-carry laptops available on the market today. Their ultra-thin bodies feature a highly efficient 72Wh battery which allows longer work time without plugging in, lasting up to almost a full day on a single charge. And the compact design allows the LG gram’s smaller form factor to feature wider screens. The 14-inch model 14Z980 is the same size as a conventional 13-inch laptop but still offers a wider display with a minimized bezel.

Yeah, they don't sell much of them here in the US. But just like Samsung, they make a little bit of everything.

Except Samsung's silicon fabs, they're virtually identical. Both are gigantic, even though Samsung has twice the number of employees,

Some of these ultra light laptops make me feel like I'm going to break them by breathing on them. Also, fuck laptops and Mobile's where you can't remove the battery. I've been burned by that shit too many times.

I can see easier to break A, likely priced a bit high for specs given (but very nice battery, probably based on "lowest load" for run time) I can picture mega throttling, that is one thing the thick ass laptops had going for them vs the paper thin ones now,
they stayed decently cool running AND you could really hurt someone if you threw it at them LOL.\ (or yourself if you happened to drop it on your foot in a fit or nerd rage)
least it wouldnt shatter like it was made of glass like pretty much all the modern everything seems to be :mad:

Back