LG 43UD79 Information?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by burburbur, Apr 11, 2017.

1. AORUS

AORUS Limp Gawd

Just pay more for a better DP cable or use the one that came in the box also turn both off
    1. smart energy saving
    And
    2. automatic standby

soupcxan likes this.
  2. Psychonic

Psychonic n00bie

soupcxan likes this.
  3. Gustav B

Gustav B n00bie

I also had the occasional black screens over months and tried everything. When I changed my RAM timings I thought I had fixed it but it came back a week later. Maybe it was a BIOS update or any other driver or system update or the update of the monitor's firmware but the black screens have not come back for maybe 3 months or so. So your monitor is not broken but I can't tell you what fixed the problem eventuelly. I used the DP cable that came with the monitor all the time.

4. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Do you have nvidia GPU? They just put out a firmware update for displayport blanking issues for 9xx and 10xx boards. I just updated my 1070.

Worth a shot, and it's free...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

5. HardcoreParkour

HardcoreParkour n00bie

I just got a 43UD79 and I'm a little disappointed with the sharpness when running it as 4 1080p screens with the PBP/PIP mode. If I run it in 4k over the whole screen, it looks absolutely beautiful. Then if I change the monitor settings to left and right split screen and set my windows resolution to 1080p, it still looks looks looks equally crisp and sharp (might need to set the monitor aspect ratio to "Original" to get it centered in the screen with black bars on top and bottom), but if I switch to the 4 1080p PBP/PIP mode and display that exact same 1080p input as one of the quadrants on the 4 screen display it loses that sharpness for some reason. It's especially obvious on smaller text. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018