LG 32GS95UE – OLED 31.5″ with 4K @ 240Hz and 1080p @ 480Hz Support - The death knell of LCD panels

Yeah the 20% applies when 2 additional items are added. HDMI cable + $20 wireless mouse.

Like all these promo stacking deals, act fast because it will stop working soon since there is no way it was suppose to work on this monitor.
I don't think the heca code is working anymore.

With one in a cart right now, it says :

Expedited Delivery
Preorders are expected to start shipping the week of Mon, May 13
Yeah, it said 4/15 when I ordered, then went to 4/19 a couple days later so that's why I'm not sure when mine will ship. It is what it is, I'm assuming I'm in the May window now. At least the charge dropped off my card finally.

LG had limited stock, but that will change soon now that they have begun mass production: https://www.lgdisplay.com/eng/compa...543459C31167C0230CFA5A132D94AF?contentId=5295

Honestly it would be a good idea to wait on the Asus version just to see if maybe the HDR performance on that one will be better. It probably won't be, but who knows.

Just to clarify on what I mean by "better" HDR. The PG42UQ got significantly brighter than the LG C2 which uses the same panel:

1713902175082.png

They also fixed the washed out issue with a firmware update:

With firmware version V040 that ASUS released in July 2023, HDR no longer looks washed out like it did with previous versions, like V032 and V033. The update doesn't change the results that we previously tested, but the results now match what it displays on the screen.

So who knows maybe Asus will deliver a banger with the PG32UCDP.

Last edited:
I think Asus will for sure push the panel harder. They've done so with every WOLED model vs it's LG variant. It will also come much better calibrated out the box.

The 2 deterrents are Asus firmware issues and the fact that it will probably land at $1499. Asus flagship monitors typically don't go on discount for a long time so the question is whether it's worth almost 2x the price of this LG on sale.

I think Asus will for sure push the panel harder. They've done so with every WOLED model vs it's LG variant. It will also come much better calibrated out the box.

The 2 deterrents are Asus firmware issues and the fact that it will probably land at $1499. Asus flagship monitors typically don't go on discount for a long time so the question is whether it's worth almost 2x the price of this LG on sale.

You will be waiting a year for them to fix the firmware anyway so by the time they do then it will be on sale 😂

Been using this display for around 2 weeks now, here is what I would say the strengths and weaknesses are.

Weaknesses:
  • Out of the box calibration is terrible, it is as bad as the 27GR95QE
  • White point: More difficult than usual to get a 6500k white point.
    • You can by calibrating for D65 specifically and hit the 6500k whitepoint just fine, but I prefer having accurate sRGB.
    • If you use the sRGB setting in DisplayCAL, you will need to adjust the Blue channel to 47 in NVCP to get 6500k. On the display adjust R:48, G:49, B:50
  • Cannot manually adjust HDR color temperature, but the white point is closer to 6500k than SDR.
  • Text isn't as crisp as the X27, but a massive improvement over the LG 27GR95QE. It is better than I expected. But I would still consider it a weakness since it isn't perfect.
  • No built in dithering, watching videos on streaming services have more noticeable artifacts.
  • VRR flicker on some darker scenes, mainly loading screens in games and I did see it happen once in a cutscene in DD2, it is not bad enough for me to care though, on the 27GR95QE it was significantly worse and one of the reasons I returned it.

Strengths:
  • Motion clarity is incredible at any refresh rate.
  • Once calibrated it is more accurate than my ProArt, X27, X34, 27GR95QE
  • HDR 400 True Black is superior to HDR10 1300 on the X27 IMO. The HDR also looks a lot better than the 27GR95QE did at launch (not sure if they have improved it since).
  • Matte coating, this is one of the better matte coatings. It is better than the X27, ProArt, X34, 27GR95QE, it's almost like a semi-gloss coating. It doesn't diffuse white light as well as other matte coatings, but I still think it is very good.
  • No obvious brightness limiting, on this display the spec is the actual spec, you don't see it dim at all, atleast I haven't in the last few weeks.
  • Adaptive Sync, the adaptive sync on here is just as good as having a G-Sync module. I wouldn't say the same for the 27GR95QE when I owned it, I thought the VRR was a downgrade on that display.
Overall I think the display is a big upgrade from the X27, the only thing it is truly weaker with is text clarity. Hopefully they fix the out of the box calibration with firmware updates, and improve the ability to control the color temp more precisely. If you have a colorimeter I highly recommend the display. If you do not, I would buy something else with more accurate out of the box calibration, because the default calibration is terrible, and I mean very bad. Definitely keeping this display though, I really like it, I actually got rid of my X27 a few days ago and I thought I was going to keep it, but it just looked bad by comparison.
can you share your icc profile?

Doesn't this monitor have hardware calibration ability, so you don't need an ICC file? (excuse my ignorence on the finer points of calibration).
DAS is disabled in non-gamer modes. DAS is the low latency feature on the display.

can you share your icc profile?
Icc is attached.

Game Adjust
- Gamer Mode: Gamer 1 (Should be fine in Gamer 2 as well, if you match the Gamer 1 settings)
- Black Stabilizer: 50 (Adjust this to whatever you prefer, it doesn't matter much for accuracy, I prefer 50)

Picture Adjust
- Brightness: 64 is 150 Nits (The profile will still be relatively accurate if you adjust this to your preference)
- Peak Brightness: Low
- Contrast: 70
- Sharpness: 50
- Gamma: Mode 4
- Color Temp: Custom
- R/G/B: Red 47, Green 48, Blue 50

Nvidia Control Panel (If you want 6500k as your whitepoint / D65)
Display > Adjust desktop color settings
Color Channel: Blue
- Brightness: 47%

If you need another profile made for something else, I can do it in my free time just let me know.

I had the R G B incorrect in my original post, I wrote that from memory, I corrected it now.

Attachments

• LG 32GS95UE.zip
    432.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
DAS is disabled in non-gamer modes. DAS is the low latency feature on the display.

Icc is attached.

Game Adjust
- Gamer Mode: Gamer 1 (Should be fine in Gamer 2 as well, if you match the Gamer 1 settings)
- Black Stabilizer: 50 (Adjust this to whatever you prefer, it doesn't matter much for accuracy, I prefer 50)

Picture Adjust
- Brightness: 64 is 150 Nits (The profile will still be relatively accurate if you adjust this to your preference)
- Peak Brightness: Low
- Contrast: 70
- Sharpness: 50
- Gamma: Mode 4
- Color Temp: Custom
- R/G/B: Red 47, Green 48, Blue 50

Nvidia Control Panel (If you want 6500k as your whitepoint / D65)
Display > Adjust desktop color settings
Color Channel: Blue
- Brightness: 47%

If you need another profile made for something else, I can do it in my free time just let me know.

I had the R G B incorrect in my original post, I wrote that from memory, I corrected it now.
Thanks I appreciate it, the colors do slightly look better. Thanks again.

Since it keeps getting delayed and I still really like my 42C2, I stopped caring about getting it "earlier" and reordered with the new 20%+15% LG site deal stacking today. Came out to $1054 total at their site. But, If all the cash back crap works it should go down to $860. Not bad.

Note to get those two LG site deals to stack I had to do it as guest or it just didn't work.

I had friends trying everything to make the codes stack earlier today but I think they killed it a long while ago.

Sharing settings/icc profiles is useless because each panel is individually calibrated at the factory, so it will never look the same just by sharing settings.

Might be because the WOLEDs are paired with a variety of Tcons where as the QD-OLEDs use the one Samsung provides.

My AW3423DW had real bad VRR flicker when it launched but a later firmware update improved it.

That would suggest that the software / hardware running the panel has an impact on it which would attribute to a difference between manufactures.

Last edited:
Hardware unboxed simply has VRR flicker as a checkbox in a data sheet, which they show near the end of their reviews. and then they may or may not very briefly mention it. Sometimes they will go so far as to say something like "no flicker in any of our test patterns".

But, that's the most they might say. it still leaves a lot of room, IMO.

Its kind of strange and well....dumb, how slowly OLED has progressed. I mean, these brands advertise and get supposed certifications for Freesync and Gsync compatibility it: But it doesn't look good at all, with the all the flickering.

I would love to be buying something else with similarly good image quality, which actually works. But, there aren't any other choices.

Hardware unboxed simply has VRR flicker as a checkbox in a data sheet, which they show near the end of their reviews. and then they may or may not very briefly mention it. Sometimes they will go so far as to say something like "no flicker in any of our test patterns".

But, that's the most they might say. it still leaves a lot of room, IMO.

Its kind of strange and well....dumb, how slowly OLED has progressed. I mean, these brands advertise and get supposed certifications for Freesync and Gsync compatibility it: But it doesn't look good at all, with the all the flickering.

I would love to be buying something else with similarly good image quality, which actually works. But, there aren't any other choices.

You can mitigate most VRR flickering by maintaining as consistent of frametimes as possible. I've always had VRR flickering when it came to loading screens but not much in actual gameplay so I haven't too bothered by it. I honestly don't think this is something that will ever be fixed even with a physical Gsync module as the original Alienware QD-OLED showed. I really hope I'm wrong on this though because a truly flicker free OLED would be great.

In my experience, VRR flicker mostly happens on menus/loading screens where the frames can radically vary, specially in solid color backgrounds. I've never seen it happening in actual gameplay. It might be more noticeable on OLEDs but it also happens on LCDs, I notice it big time on my Odyssey G7.
And just like RTings pointed out, it's only a problem with wild swings in FPS, which doesnt reflect real usage scenarios most of the time.
The game cycles the frame rate limit from 10 FPS to the monitor's maximum refresh rate, creating a rapid and vast swing in the frame times generated by the GPU and thus displayed on the monitor.

In my experience, VRR flicker mostly happens on menus/loading screens where the frames can radically vary, specially in solid color backgrounds. I've never seen it happening in actual gameplay. It might be more noticeable on OLEDs but it also happens on LCDs, I notice it big time on my Odyssey G7.
And just like RTings pointed out, it's only a problem with wild swings in FPS, which doesnt reflect real usage scenarios most of the time.
I've had 4 VRR monitors now.
One 32 curved VA from Samsung. Which had no flicker, ever.
One 27 inch 75hz Asus ProArt. No flicker, ever.
One 27 inch 240hz Monoprice Dark Matter (made by KTC). No flicker, ever.
Once 27 inch KTC OLED. Flickered often in the opening forest segment of Alan Wake 2, where you play as Saga. Completely repeatable. (I only owned it for a couple of days before returning (For dead and clouded pixels). I only played 3 games on it. Tekken 5 demo, Alan Wake 2, and Elden Ring.)

This monitor is for sale at Bestbuy and in been in stock all morning.

Personally I don't think it's worth the price you would pay there especially with the recent discount stacking on LG but if you want the Geeksquad burn in warranty or to get it sooner it's up to buy.

I've had 4 VRR monitors now.
One 32 curved VA from Samsung. Which had no flicker, ever.
One 27 inch 75hz Asus ProArt. No flicker, ever.
One 27 inch 240hz Monoprice Dark Matter (made by KTC). No flicker, ever.
Once 27 inch KTC OLED. Flickered often in the opening forest segment of Alan Wake 2, where you play as Saga. Completely repeatable. (I only owned it for a couple of days before returning (For dead and clouded pixels). I only played 3 games on it. Tekken 5 demo, Alan Wake 2, and Elden Ring.)
I always use Alan Wake II as my VRR flicker test. That opening section really demonstrates it well even with crazy hardware.

Yeah I don't really think this monitor is worth anywhere near $1300. It will eventually settle at around $1000 with deals lowering it which I think is more appropriate. Its biggest advantage is that its from LG so the panel refresh implementation is sound. I think literally every single QD-OLED monitor other than Dell's version has some goofy refresh cycle bug/problem.

I ordered from BB, will keep my order from LG for now. At least I can try it and return it from BB, LG has a 15% restocking fee if I end up wanting to return it.

I always use Alan Wake II as my VRR flicker test. That opening section really demonstrates it well even with crazy hardware.

Yeah I don't really think this monitor is worth anywhere near $1300. It will eventually settle at around $1000 with deals lowering it which I think is more appropriate. Its biggest advantage is that its from LG so the panel refresh implementation is sound. I think literally every single QD-OLED monitor other than Dell's version has some goofy refresh cycle bug/problem.
At Best Buy you can recycle on old monitor and get 10% off LG and Samsung monitors. Stack with retailmenot 4%.
Not as good as the LG.com stacks. But, solid.

Seems to me the only "issue" with MSI's pixel clean, is that it turns the monitor off when finished. And people don't seem to want that.
Even though it makes complete sense, to me.

1714064196215.png

Yikes a bit pricey, especially when you were able to get the monitor for under a grand before.

At Best Buy you can recycle on old monitor and get 10% off LG and Samsung monitors. Stack with retailmenot 4%.
Not as good as the LG.com stacks. But, solid.

Seems to me the only "issue" with MSI's pixel clean, is that it turns the monitor off when finished. And people don't seem to want that.
Even though it makes complete sense, to me.

The monitor powering off after pixel refresh really isn't a big deal to me. The SDR/HDR color profile bug also isn't a big deal as you should just always leave HDR enabled on the MSI. It doesn't have any problems with washed out picture when Windows HDR is enabled like some monitors do and all SDR content is properly displayed as SDR. It's very useable as is with the launch firmware as long as you aren't too lazy to power the monitor back on after pixel refresh cycles. The only monitor I would consider upgrading from the MSI to is something that can at least do close to 1000 nits real scene HDR like the Asus PG42UQ, I'm hoping the upcoming PG32UCDP can reach those levels. Color volume on QD-OLED means nothing when your capped to 450 nits.

I don't think there's the same demand, 34" oleds have been available for awhile now, still low DPI and it has an 800R curve.

The higher demand can easily be filled in by QD-OLED though, and almost all of them are cheaper than the LG. People are now starting to get their QD-OLEDs left and right anything from the MSI to Asus and even Gigabyte models now. So while the demand is definitely higher, there are also a ton of cheaper options out there to make the LG a tough sell at it's asking price.

The higher demand can easily be filled in by QD-OLED though, and almost all of them are cheaper than the LG. People are now starting to get their QD-OLEDs left and right anything from the MSI to Asus and even Gigabyte models now. So while the demand is definitely higher, there are also a ton of cheaper options out there to make the LG a tough sell at it's asking price.
The LG does have some extra features, though. I do think it should cost less. But, I don't think it should necessarily cost less than QD-OLED monitors.

Decent speaker solution
optical out
headphone out
480hz/1080p mode, with monitor integer scaling.
hardware calibration

However, it does lack USB-C, at all. And their warranty sucks.

The LG does have some extra features, though. I do think it should cost less. But, I don't think it should necessarily cost less than QD-OLED monitors.

Decent speaker solution
optical out
headphone out
480hz/1080p mode, with monitor integer scaling.
hardware calibration

However, it does lack USB-C, at all. And their warranty sucks.

Oh I agree it shouldn't be cheaper than QD-OLED, but $1400? It should be $1200 MSRP instead which is how much it costed with the HECA promo code and it would matche the Alienware.

I also think the LG is by far the best design. It has no chin and looks super clean. If you're someone who is anti monitor arm the stand is also really unintrusive.

Back