Lets make it 2,000,000,000

Grandpa_01

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2013
Back in December of 2012 we were the first team to hit 1,000,000,000 points in a month, if we keep it up at our current rate we will hit 2,000,000,000 this month. I say lets bring another first to the [H]ord. keep it up and lets crank it up, as sc0tty8 will surely say giver all shes got. :D

Holy crap that's insane. I'm doing what I can and I have no intention of stopping.

We need an avg of 75 million per day for today and the next 4 days to make it there. It is a tough goal but doable. :)

You guys are crazy (respectfully said) ! Someone told you ?

You make more points in a month then my team in 12 years ! Scary ! :eek:

Keep folding ! We are watching from the sideline :D

Last edited:
"Time to kick some ass!"
-Mr. Gutsy (Fallout 3)

I'm back in with a GTX480, go team 33!

Just got my second 7970 back from RMA, ~100kPPD more, for the [H]orde!

:kazoo:

Team 54717 is dead, long live 33.

Joined with 2 x5690. Too bad my points dont come with me.

Team 54717 is dead, long live 33.

Joined with 2 x5690. Too bad my points dont come with me.

welcome, I made the jump from 45104 over a year ago...and I'm still mid page 1 over there lol

Setting phasers to kill until I need the computing power for something else:

2x E5-2660
2x L5639
2x E5520
1x i7 3770
1x 24 core AMD
1x 12 core AMD
1x 8 core AMD

I just lit up my son's Nvidia 660 at school. Another 20K PPD until I can fix the driver issue and then about twice that.

Free power for the Horde is nice.

Fold On!

Are you all [H]ard enough to make 91mil points for next 15hrs?

Unfortunately I had a 3 hour power outage today but had shown my Wife how to power on all my machines after a power outage, so when I got home and checked they had already finished and sent WU's. I think I might have lost a couple though because the logs had WU failed messages when the powered on. Bummer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be [H]arder if we did it in a month with 30 days instead of 31? I vote November. ;)

I vote November also, I have not been keeping up my end of this endever very well since I posted it I have had an onslaught of 8101's Then I lost a HDD and and my PPD avg. has dropped right a 1 mil. ppd, I think I may have jinexed it by posting the goal. :(

Our current average would just sneak us in a 30 day window. If we can hold steady with the ramp up that happened around 10/14, then it's doable.

30 Day average = 66.7M

31 Day average = 64.5M

Well got a new SSD in and got the last 4P running again, so I should be back up to normal tomorrow. :)

Hopefully I do not get overrun with 8101's again at least not for a little while.

October was my best month ever, 12,8 million points. I was lucky enough to always be at home at least every 36 hours to reboot the (linux) nvidia driver. Impact was greater than being plagued by 8101, and SMP WU (6099, 7809)

November will not start that good since my family in law will be there this week end so I will have to transform the folding rig room back to its original design (guest room :))

....... think I may have jinexed it by posting the goal. :(

No way Grandpa.....You just stoked the fire :eek:
Our goals SHOULD be [H]ard. Almost impossible even.
If they were easy.......... WE would not be the [H]orde! :cool:

1.96 billion in October. We came close, but couldn't make it. Let's all fire up our new GTX 780s and 290Xs and make it happen in November!

1.96 billion in October. We came close, but couldn't make it. Let's all fire up our new GTX 780s and 290Xs and make it happen in November!

I think more folks need to get E5-4650 I4P's up-and-running. :D

Team 33 definitely had a [H]ard effort this month and I envision passing the 2B mark for November considering all the fuel added to the fire recently. Good job guys!

Just in the process of getting the farm back on line, gone from 100k to 400k in the last day and just waiting on a power adapter for another 300k

I hit my 10 year anniversary for F@H 01/01/14. My first was 01/01/04.

I brought 4 cores back to the table a week or so ago. Hopefully my meager 400-500 ppd helps.
sigimage.php

While we're here we might as well prep the counters for grandpa becoming the first person to reach 2,000,000,000! Amazing. Absolutely speechless. There should be an Official Pande Hall of Fame for individuals like yourself.

Despite these youngsters he's proving an old dog still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Congrats to everyone, the team and to the OG!

Unfortunately I had a 3 hour power outage today but had shown my Wife how to power on all my machines after a power outage, so when I got home and checked they had already finished and sent WU's. I think I might have lost a couple though because the logs had WU failed messages when the powered on. Bummer.

Don't feel so bad...I was at work and checked my HFM Monitor and found that two of my E5-46xx machines and my two 7950s were down for the count. Don't know how long they were down, but I was worried that a new extension cord I made, 10/3 w/5-20P/Rs, was burning down the house so I ran home to see what the problem was.

Got home and nothing seemed to be wrong, the systems were all up and running, but apparently the one circuit they were tied into, my washer's 20A circuit, had a hiccup and all three machines rebooted. Don't ask me how that one circuit went down, and not all the others in the house, but it did. The plugs on the cord were cool, no burning smell, and the circuit breaker in the garage wasn't tripped, etc. Very strange since I'm only pulling ~12A off of the 20A circuit...very strange indeed.

Anyway, I'm running up my second 6166HE tonight if everything goes according to plan...my mobo and Core32's SM server case. I would've had it up last night but I was trying to mount a 2.5in. SSD into one of the hot-swap 3.5in. drive bays--damn 2.5in.-to-3.5in. trays wouldn't provide the correct positioning for the SSD to slide into the case's hot-swap connector, so now I'm putting in a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA-III in.

I'll bring up my 6176HEs up either tonight as well or sometime tomorrow...this is a bare system so no issues with 2.5in. drives in 3.5in. bays--got the new Corsair AX1200 in the mail today courtesy of UPS.

Hopefully these will help in making the one billion this month possible.

Good job team we will be close to 2.1B this month and there is only 30 days in this month. My guess is it will be quite a while before another team breaks that record.

scubadiver59 take it from me when OCing these 4P's and running close to the edge, it does not take that much of a surge to power them down without tripping the circuit breaker. I have had a simple little thing as a new WU starting on a machine on a circuit where there are 2 or 3 rigs running cause the machines on that circuit to reboot. :(

But then again I know I am on the edge of the load capacity of a circuit when I can watch the lights dim and brighten when a new WU starts. At times that can be all it needs to cause the machines to reboot.

Great job everyone, and congratulations Grandpa!
That's a huge accomplishment, and needs a new title like "[H]ard Folding King". :D

You deserve it!

Back