Let me introduce you to Demon Souls

Don't forget:

Uncharted 1/2
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Infamous
Ratchet and Clank ToD/ACiT
Folklore (another good aRPG)
and others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

As great as those probably are; I really only play RPG's on console. FPS is PC only for me.

I mean coming off PS1 and PS2's RPG library you'd think the PS3 would have more than 3 rpg's that I'd want.

As great as those probably are; I really only play RPG's on console. FPS is PC only for me.

I mean coming off PS1 and PS2's RPG library you'd think the PS3 would have more than 3 rpg's that I'd want.

Well, as stated above, Folklore is an RPG, though it's definitely atypical. There is also Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia (coming soon) and Star Ocean 4 (also coming soon) if you don't have a 360 with those already.

And yes, Demon's Souls is worth $60, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't search for a better price :p Either way you will get your moneys worth!

I read a bunch of reviews like this one and couldnt resist. Went out and picked up an 80gb ps3 with 2 dualshock3 controllers for $115. got demon's souls for $45. this was about 2 months ago.
very fun, not quite as difficult as lead to believe. but i havent even gone to 4-1, 5-1, or 1-4.

so far my favored setup is.
Soldier (have 3 magic slots and 1 miracle slot)
+5 dragon long sword or +4 moon winged spear
+8 purple flame shield

Well, as stated above, Folklore is an RPG, though it's definitely atypical. There is also Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia (coming soon) and Star Ocean 4 (also coming soon) if you don't have a 360 with those already.

And yes, Demon's Souls is worth $60, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't search for a better price :p Either way you will get your moneys worth!

yeah I am sure demon souls is worth 60 bucks but it is just not enough to push me to buy a PS3 yet, though I will eventually, but still waiting for a few more games before picking up a ps3.

I got a broken xbox for 50 bucks and fixed it so Eternal Sonata, Tales, and Magna Carta 2 are taken care of......as for star Ocean 4 that will be on PS3 when I get one, the voice acting killed the game for me on xbox.

I never once equipped that thief ring :). Nor Regen. I think i had the +MP Regen one, and the +Souls one all the time.

DS has better action and combat in a dark fantasy setting, lots of replay value if you experiment with the different classes.

AC2 has a better story and graphics in a historical fantasy setting. Combat is boring for the most part and little to no replay value.

While I liked AC2, DS just hands down has better gameplay moments and a few of the bosses are epic as fuck.

AC2 is a rental (I got all the achievements on the 360 version in 6 days) and DS is a buy IMO.

Hah, QTF. I posted something similar and got accused of being paid to post it by the consoletards here.

The only real FPS on that list is Killzone 2. Everything else is 3rd person.

Hm, I've never heard of it until this post, and now... I've got to have it.

Certainly very deserving of all the accolades; who knew something so simple could be so entertaining.

Man... even though this thread is old.. I can't believe I missed out on this!!!! I just started reading this at my work, and my co workers were wondering what the hell I was laughing so hard at (I'm not supposed to look like I'm having a good time at work ;))

"That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why."

lol

I couldn't help but just laugh at this.. even re-reading the whole quoted text from the OP just wants me to get up and get the damned game! :D

Man... even though this thread is old.. I can't believe I missed out on this!!!! I just started reading this at my work, and my co workers were wondering what the hell I was laughing so hard at (I'm not supposed to look like I'm having a good time at work ;))

I couldn't help but just laugh at this.. even re-reading the whole quoted text from the OP just wants me to get up and get the damned game! :D

target has it for $14 in store it's a very YMMW deal

Here's a thread I'm glad got necro'd!

That OP is gold. :D

I still haven't played Demon's Souls. I've got the scareds.

Here's a thread I'm glad got necro'd!

That OP is gold. :D

I still haven't played Demon's Souls. I've got the scareds.

just by firing up Demon's Souls, after 2 hours you'll be shaving your muttonchops ready to get on the first ship to fight the Kaiser, it will make a man out of you!!

Something has to be said when a game kills you in the tutorial..... nuff said.

I just had the best experience buying demon souls from gamestop. I grabbed the only copy on the shelf and brought it to the counter. They clerk actually said "that is a very very challenging game, are you sure that you want to buy it new." I told him it was the only one on the shelf and hell yeah, i want it used. He grabbed the used copy and sold it to me.

I just thought it was funny that the guy actually warned me that it was that challenging.

oh shit, sorry pal :(

well I hope that post helps SOMEONE, i guess you aren't in luck, as previously stated lol

I got to play for a few hours last night. Here is my impression.

Its not overly hard, just when you die it treats you like a dog and rubs your nose into the steaming pile of shit that is your death. It really creates a sense of self preservation that you dont get in other games. Take last night for instance... I fight my way through 1-1. I see the dragon at the end, think "GOD DAMN thats a big ass dragon" What do I do? I run like a bitch for the exit and quit.

How the hell am I supposed to kill a 60 ft fire breathing dragon if a blue glowing eyed knight scrares me?

I think demon's souls is a little like a dad that beats you and your mother. Hes a fucking asshole... your scared of him, but you still want him to love you.

I got to play for a few hours last night. Here is my impression.

Its not overly hard, just when you die it treats you like a dog and rubs your nose into the steaming pile of shit that is your death. It really creates a sense of self preservation that you dont get in other games. Take last night for instance... I fight my way through 1-1. I see the dragon at the end, think "GOD DAMN thats a big ass dragon" What do I do? I run like a bitch for the exit and quit.

How the hell am I supposed to kill a 60 ft fire breathing dragon if a blue glowing eyed knight scrares me?

I think demon's souls is a little like a dad that beats you and your mother. Hes a fucking asshole... your scared of him, but you still want him to love you.

LOL, that's funny as hell. It's not overly hard in the beginning but just wait till you go to the other worlds. It's not easy in the 1st world but the others are a fucking nightmare especially the one with fucking rolling skeletons and those damn flying mantises that shoot dart's at you the size of a small RV.

I never was able to finish it, but reading that damn quote from the OP again makes me want to buy the damn thing again.

oh shit, sorry pal :(

well I hope that post helps SOMEONE, i guess you aren't in luck, as previously stated lol

Nope, not in Canada. Only deals we get here are free butt rapes at the local prison.

you know that one broken stone in the nexus.. what you suppose that is? im wondering if they'll make DLC or expansion... which would be FANtastic

My guess it they were going to make 6 worlds but ran out of time... just a guess.

This is the only PS3 game I ever paid more than $30 for (I buy them on e-bay, bide my time) but it is so worth it.

Damn this thread won't die! It's making me want start another play through. The difficulty is some what exaggerated but it is a bit tougher than what we've been conditioned to be used to the last 10 - 14 years. The only thing that really pissed me off with Demon's Souls is that cocking sucking ++++ ass mother fucking bitch boss that can steal your attributes (strength, dex, etc).

EDIT wow you can get away with every swear word but the C one? LOLz

I got killed by that soul sucker a few times before I figured out that was happening lol. I got really mad at that boss and I decided to summon some other players to help me kill him. That made it a lot easier.

Back